Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Expect the corporations behind the major GLP1 medications to begin testing them across a wide range of conditions, and PMOS will likely appear among those targets. Trials focused on fatty liver, osteoarthritis, and addiction are already underway. Each additional approval widens the pool of people they can market to and creates one more diagnosis that insurers can be billed for. On top of that, bringing new diseases into treatment carries consequences for both patents and generics.Thistley said:
I wrote a lengthy response, then thought nobody would care to read it.
If this new name makes patients realize their condition is metabolic in nature, affecting multiple systems throughout the body — well, it isn't merely an ovary issue.
The rename is welcome, but honestly, where is the actual treatment?
My endo was compelled to concede that no fresh treatment breakthroughs for PMOS have emerged over the past decade. Nothing is being offered to us. I had to battle just to get an appointment with an endochronologist. Mainstream medicine had nothing left to offer me. Nowhere left to go. Zero support. That's ultimately what led me to grey.
GLP1s are the answer. For some of us, they provide the assistance needed to bring our disordered, chaotic metabolic pathways back under control.
I'd also suggest exploring inositol, which offers safe benefits with no side effects. It isn't a peptide. You can legally purchase it as a health supplement. Pick up a container of the powder on Amazon. Particularly useful for women and trans individuals at normal weight dealing with PMOS. They wouldn't be eligible for or interested in GLP1s. For me, it changed everything. Nothing else worked to regulate my period. And I'd tried it all.
My endochronologist hadn't even heard of it. I brought a meta analysis to my following appointment![]()
Still, this could give physicians more justification for prescribing it, since many of those conditions get worse with excess weight or obesity. So if your insurance is decent, it's not entirely a downside.TooGood76 said:
Expect the corporations behind the major GLP1 medications to begin testing them across a wide range of conditions, and PMOS will likely appear among those targets. Trials focused on fatty liver, osteoarthritis, and addiction are already underway. Each additional approval widens the pool of people they can market to and creates one more diagnosis that insurers can be billed for. On top of that, bringing new diseases into treatment carries consequences for both patents and generics.Thistley said:
I wrote a lengthy response, then thought nobody would care to read it.
If this new name makes patients realize their condition is metabolic in nature, affecting multiple systems throughout the body — well, it isn't merely an ovary issue.
The rename is welcome, but honestly, where is the actual treatment?
My endo was compelled to concede that no fresh treatment breakthroughs for PMOS have emerged over the past decade. Nothing is being offered to us. I had to battle just to get an appointment with an endochronologist. Mainstream medicine had nothing left to offer me. Nowhere left to go. Zero support. That's ultimately what led me to grey.
GLP1s are the answer. For some of us, they provide the assistance needed to bring our disordered, chaotic metabolic pathways back under control.
I'd also suggest exploring inositol, which offers safe benefits with no side effects. It isn't a peptide. You can legally purchase it as a health supplement. Pick up a container of the powder on Amazon. Particularly useful for women and trans individuals at normal weight dealing with PMOS. They wouldn't be eligible for or interested in GLP1s. For me, it changed everything. Nothing else worked to regulate my period. And I'd tried it all.
My endochronologist hadn't even heard of it. I brought a meta analysis to my following appointment![]()