I'll share my story in the hope it might benefit someone else. Perhaps you're unsure about trying a GLP1, or my situation will sound familiar. My weight was 180 lbs and my A1C came in at 6.8 -- diabetic, though I resisted admitting it. Every extra pound sat on my belly. My cholesterol was poor, and I had fatty liver. For my entire life, the only "treatment" anyone ever offered me was BCPs. After my blood pressure became high, I was no longer permitted to take them, and that was the point when my PCOS symptoms truly escalated.
Sema for a year, then tirz for a year, took off 35 lbs for me. A break became necessary because tirz had me vomiting weekly for 5 weeks straight, and since a hysterectomy was already scheduled, I chose to quit it entirely for 3 months. During those 3 months, roughly 15 lbs came back fast. Last week I began reta for the first time (2mg first dose)! I'm already down around 4 lbs and noticing some fullness and reduced hunger, similar to before.
Bloodwork was being done roughly every 6 months. Seeing the changes was incredible! A1C now 5.5. ALT remains elevated, though better. Cholesterol improved overall. My blood pressure has been great. Periods are no longer something I have to worry about, but GLP1s have genuinely been the only thing that appeared to help my PCOS. Because of the insulin resistance, dropping weight was impossible unless my diet was flawless daily, and for me that would have meant essentially no carbs.
Sometimes I feel my husband doens't grasp the struggle, and he isn't thrilled that I'm on these meds. In his view, I simply need to be more active and everything will be fine. But I know these peptides genuinely help behind the scenes with whatever is wrong in those of us who have PCOS, and I intend to remain on it indefinitely!