Paranoid crypto tips and random opsec thoughts

Fabulous_Jackal said:

So the core problem you're facing isn't whether you can dodge KYC (Know your Customer) when buying crypto entirely. Picture this: you've got yourself a 'securely anonymous' wallet, and you've gone through the hassle of locating some random person willing to send crypto straight to your wallet in return for cash or another form of collateral. Even then, your address or delivery location remains your biggest vulnerability, and it always WILL be. Getting a package reliably without revealing something about yourself is basically impossible - a p.o box still carries the KYC problem, and any kind of postal 'service' that forwards deliveries runs into the same wall (plus every one of those layers adds complexity and drives up the cost). Sure, if you run a business with a business address that has plenty of employees, you could have the package sent there, and it turns into a genuine headache for anyone trying to prove it was meant for you. But again, if the products carry a name nobody recognizes, whoever handles the deliveries will either send it back to the sender or it eventually becomes a problem anyway, because packages keep arriving without your name on them, which by itself looks suspicious. If you're having things sent to your own address, even under a different name, it won't take the vendor OR anyone else who gets hold of that information long to work out who you actually are, provided they're willing to put in a bit of effort. So even with wallet mixing and crypto obfuscation, your $$$ is mostly protected, but your identity really isn't, nor is the whole "Let's narrow it down to x number of people"
That is completely backwards. If you keep your mouth shut, and if they have nothing else on you, then the simple fact that a package showed up in your mailbox means nothing at all.

Were it enough for prosecution that your name appeared on a parcel, then I could mail you controlled substances, call the police myself, and you would end up behind bars. This holds true even in cases where you sign for the parcel, and even in cases where you are captured on camera or otherwise recorded accepting it.

Unsolicited packages arrive at people's doors constantly. There's a con for it, known as brushing. Anyone who knows where to look can find your name, address, phone number, and email online, spread across more data breaches than anyone can count. Absent anything else on you, and assuming you don't talk to the cops, any lawyer with 2 functioning brain cells can get a case like that thrown out without much effort.

The worst that typically happens is your package gets seized and you receive a so-called love letter, which is just an attempt to frighten you into quitting, since that's the extent of what they can do without other evidence. Receiving a package only becomes genuinely dangerous in 2 scenarios: you've walked into a honeypot, or the dealer has been flipped, in which case they hold his records on you plus proof that you placed the order; the moment you take possession, boom, you're now in possession.

That's exactly where OPSEC and crypto matter. If you play your cards right, then even in the event the cops search your belongings, if they cannot prove you paid, cannot prove you ordered, and get nothing out of you, all they have is the fact that somebody, for whatever reason, mailed you drugs.
 
kugelblitz said:

Fabulous_Jackal said:

So the core problem you're facing isn't whether you can dodge KYC (Know your Customer) when buying crypto entirely. Picture this: you've got yourself a 'securely anonymous' wallet, and you've gone through the hassle of locating some random person willing to send crypto straight to your wallet in return for cash or another form of collateral. Even then, your address or delivery location remains your biggest vulnerability, and it always WILL be. Getting a package reliably without revealing something about yourself is basically impossible - a p.o box still carries the KYC problem, and any kind of postal 'service' that forwards deliveries runs into the same wall (plus every one of those layers adds complexity and drives up the cost). Sure, if you run a business with a business address that has plenty of employees, you could have the package sent there, and it turns into a genuine headache for anyone trying to prove it was meant for you. But again, if the products carry a name nobody recognizes, whoever handles the deliveries will either send it back to the sender or it eventually becomes a problem anyway, because packages keep arriving without your name on them, which by itself looks suspicious. If you're having things sent to your own address, even under a different name, it won't take the vendor OR anyone else who gets hold of that information long to work out who you actually are, provided they're willing to put in a bit of effort. So even with wallet mixing and crypto obfuscation, your $$$ is mostly protected, but your identity really isn't, nor is the whole "Let's narrow it down to x number of people"
That is completely backwards. If you keep your mouth shut, and if they have nothing else on you, then the simple fact that a package showed up in your mailbox means nothing at all.

Were it enough for prosecution that your name appeared on a parcel, then I could mail you controlled substances, call the police myself, and you would end up behind bars. This holds true even in cases where you sign for the parcel, and even in cases where you are captured on camera or otherwise recorded accepting it.

Unsolicited packages arrive at people's doors constantly. There's a con for it, known as brushing. Anyone who knows where to look can find your name, address, phone number, and email online, spread across more data breaches than anyone can count. Absent anything else on you, and assuming you don't talk to the cops, any lawyer with 2 functioning brain cells can get a case like that thrown out without much effort.

The worst that typically happens is your package gets seized and you receive a so-called love letter, which is just an attempt to frighten you into quitting, since that's the extent of what they can do without other evidence. Receiving a package only becomes genuinely dangerous in 2 scenarios: you've walked into a honeypot, or the dealer has been flipped, in which case they hold his records on you plus proof that you placed the order; the moment you take possession, boom, you're now in possession.

That's exactly where OPSEC and crypto matter. If you play your cards right, then even in the event the cops search your belongings, if they cannot prove you paid, cannot prove you ordered, and get nothing out of you, all they have is the fact that somebody, for whatever reason, mailed you drugs.
Yeah, in general that holds up, but the trend is that we keep getting handled like kids who need to be 'shielded from ourselves' and like crooks - and all it takes is a single state 'agent' with endless resources and a grudge, hunting for any excuse to 'dig up' something on you and wreck your life purely because they can. If that's what they want, they'll get SOMETHING to stick. I get that you can't plan for every scenario, and when the government comes at you over technically legal bs, you're basically a sitting duck - no amount of obsec will rescue you once they've got their sights set on you. They can simply park themselves and wait, or dig up some 'loophole' to make your life hell and absolutely haul you into court and into crushing debt for years, even if it all ends up amounting to nothing. All of us are leaning on the 'fact' that they've got bigger fish to fry than the end-user. But the mood seems to be shifting more and more toward us being the problem, and the more they can lean on AI and tech to pursue us, the more hostile this entire endeavor is going to get... (This is just how I see it, and I've been told I'm a real pessimist - though I'd say 'Realist' fits better) 😏
 
boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
And

sonic_boom said:

boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
I've never come across it before. That said, if the reason XMR got delisted is that it's a privacy coin, then ZEC is likely less private, given that it's still listed.

In certain countries that are less free, XMR got delisted — the US wasn't one of them. Should you happen to live outside the US, the route is: purchase LTC, wash it thru XMR into BTC with Cake. After that, go overthrow your government; we'll help.

ZEC is a trap, don't use it. Writing a novel isn't something I have time for at the moment (maybe later), but here are the bullet points:

- Using the private transaction costs more to send, and their privacy is OPTIONAL, so most people don't use it, and the anonymity set is much smaller and they stand out.

- 20% "founder's fee" given to "devs" from every block reward.

- Edward Snowden endorsed them and worked to promote them while ignoring XMR which had already been well established and proven to have superior privacy features.

- ZEC's dev team all quit last January.

Monero is the one to use — it's the ONLY one without baggage and the ONLY one proven to hold up against the government. To get popular, ZEC needed shills. XMR doesn't do advertising; only their users and word of mouth to spread their message.
 
mybodyisasewer said:

boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
And

sonic_boom said:

boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
I've never come across it before. That said, if the reason XMR got delisted is that it's a privacy coin, then ZEC is likely less private, given that it's still listed.

In certain countries that are less free, XMR got delisted — the US wasn't one of them. Should you happen to live outside the US, the route is: purchase LTC, wash it thru XMR into BTC with Cake. After that, go overthrow your government; we'll help.

ZEC is a trap, don't use it. Writing a novel isn't something I have time for at the moment (maybe later), but here are the bullet points:

- Using the private transaction costs more to send, and their privacy is OPTIONAL, so most people don't use it, and the anonymity set is much smaller and they stand out.

- 20% "founder's fee" given to "devs" from every block reward.

- Edward Snowden endorsed them and worked to promote them while ignoring XMR which had already been well established and proven to have superior privacy features.

- ZEC's dev team all quit last January.

Monero is the one to use — it's the ONLY one without baggage and the ONLY one proven to hold up against the government. To get popular, ZEC needed shills. XMR doesn't do advertising; only their users and word of mouth to spread their message.

boytres said:

sonic_boom said:

boytres said:

sonic_boom said:

boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
I've never come across it before. That said, if the reason XMR got delisted is that it's a privacy coin, then ZEC is likely less private, given that it's still listed.
According to Google AI, "Zcash (ZEC) is the closest major alternative to Monero (XMR) regarding privacy and security, as it utilizes advanced zero-knowledge cryptography (zk-SNARKs) to completely hide transaction senders, receivers, and amounts.

While Monero(XMR) enforces mandatory privacy for every transaction, Zcash(ZEC) offers flexible privacy. Zcash(ZEC) allows users to choose between transparent addresses (similar to Bitcoin) and "shielded" addresses (which offer untraceable security identical to XMR)."

That's the reason I switched to ZEC after Kraken delisted XMR, and it's also why I asked.
you put faith in a marketing blurb, even though a basic non-AI search reveals they just dropped 38% because of a bug? I'm not saying it isn't private, it's just that it's less likely to be private than monero, otherwise it would be forced to be delisted.
A marketing blurb isn't something I put my faith in. The question below is actually what I asked at the start, in an attempt to work out whether ZEC could serve as a workable substitute for XMR. (Since whether it can or can't is something I genuinely don't know.)

boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
My use of ZEC started because buying XMR wasn't possible for me. Honestly, my crypto knowledge isn't deep enough for me to be sure it's private, safe, or a stand-in for XMR. It's just the route I've been taking as a temporary fix.

After my earlier posts, I've been digging for more information on a way to get untraceable coin, and here's what I've arrived at. Whether it's completely private I can't say, but with the crypto knowledge I have, this is the best conclusion I can reach...

Get LTC or SOL.

Send it over to Cake wallet.

Swap it for XMR.

Transfer it into a second wallet inside Cake wallet.

Convert that XMR into BTC - with a new seed inside Cake wallet.

If any of this is off, tell me. For my grey transactions, I'd like a fullproof way to obtain untraceable coin.

So then, is this a fairly safe route to take?
 
Liquid said:

mybodyisasewer said:

boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
And

sonic_boom said:

boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
I've never come across it before. That said, if the reason XMR got delisted is that it's a privacy coin, then ZEC is likely less private, given that it's still listed.

In certain countries that are less free, XMR got delisted — the US wasn't one of them. Should you happen to live outside the US, the route is: purchase LTC, wash it thru XMR into BTC with Cake. After that, go overthrow your government; we'll help.

ZEC is a trap, don't use it. Writing a novel isn't something I have time for at the moment (maybe later), but here are the bullet points:

- Using the private transaction costs more to send, and their privacy is OPTIONAL, so most people don't use it, and the anonymity set is much smaller and they stand out.

- 20% "founder's fee" given to "devs" from every block reward.

- Edward Snowden endorsed them and worked to promote them while ignoring XMR which had already been well established and proven to have superior privacy features.

- ZEC's dev team all quit last January.

Monero is the one to use — it's the ONLY one without baggage and the ONLY one proven to hold up against the government. To get popular, ZEC needed shills. XMR doesn't do advertising; only their users and word of mouth to spread their message.

boytres said:

sonic_boom said:

boytres said:

sonic_boom said:

boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
I've never come across it before. That said, if the reason XMR got delisted is that it's a privacy coin, then ZEC is likely less private, given that it's still listed.
According to Google AI, "Zcash (ZEC) is the closest major alternative to Monero (XMR) regarding privacy and security, as it utilizes advanced zero-knowledge cryptography (zk-SNARKs) to completely hide transaction senders, receivers, and amounts.

While Monero(XMR) enforces mandatory privacy for every transaction, Zcash(ZEC) offers flexible privacy. Zcash(ZEC) allows users to choose between transparent addresses (similar to Bitcoin) and "shielded" addresses (which offer untraceable security identical to XMR)."

That's the reason I switched to ZEC after Kraken delisted XMR, and it's also why I asked.
you put faith in a marketing blurb, even though a basic non-AI search reveals they just dropped 38% because of a bug? I'm not saying it isn't private, it's just that it's less likely to be private than monero, otherwise it would be forced to be delisted.
A marketing blurb isn't something I put my faith in. The question below is actually what I asked at the start, in an attempt to work out whether ZEC could serve as a workable substitute for XMR. (Since whether it can or can't is something I genuinely don't know.)

boytres said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Kraken has de-listed XMR since this thread was started.

Can I reasonably assume ZEC would work as a viable substitute for XMR?
My use of ZEC started because buying XMR wasn't possible for me. Honestly, my crypto knowledge isn't deep enough for me to be sure it's private, safe, or a stand-in for XMR. It's just the route I've been taking as a temporary fix.

After my earlier posts, I've been digging for more information on a way to get untraceable coin, and here's what I've arrived at. Whether it's completely private I can't say, but with the crypto knowledge I have, this is the best conclusion I can reach...

Get LTC or SOL.

Send it over to Cake wallet.

Swap it for XMR.

Transfer it into a second wallet inside Cake wallet.

Convert that XMR into BTC - with a new seed inside Cake wallet.

If any of this is off, tell me. For my grey transactions, I'd like a fullproof way to obtain untraceable coin.

So then, is this a fairly safe route to take?

As far as I know, this approach is safe. That said, I've tweaked it after going through crypto threads on these forums and in my TG groups.

My crypto purchases go through Kraken pro, since its fees are the lowest I've been able to find.

On top of that, I'm in the UK, where buying Monero directly isn't possible because Crypto markets have delisted it.

So here's what I do now -

  • Buy Sol (cheapest gas fees) via Kraken and move it to my Cake wallet.
  • Swap it into Monero inside Cake.
  • Move that from one Monero wallet in Cake to a second Monero wallet in Cake.
  • The funds now sit there until I need to pay whichever vendor I pick. After I order and I'm told the correct payment currency, I begin a swap straight from my second Monero wallet to my Vendor's wallet address.

  • Say, for instance, I'm instructed to pay in BTC - I start a swap from Monero to BTC and put in my Vendor's wallet address as the receiving wallet.

Hope this helps.
 
Is OpSec really necessary here, though? It's not like you're buying stuff off the darknet. I grabbed some from Cashapp, sent it over to their wallet, and my kit showed up 4 days later. I'm too lazy for all this.
 
Kitty Paws said:

Is OpSec really necessary here, though? It's not like you're buying stuff off the darknet. I grabbed some from Cashapp, sent it over to their wallet, and my kit showed up 4 days later. I'm too lazy for all this.
My suggestion is to go through the first post carefully — it lays out the dangers in a lot of detail.

It's possible you'll never run into any problems buying from unregulated gray markets with your KYC accounts. On the other hand, you might end up with banned accounts, lost funds, and so on.

How you pay vendors is entirely your call, and I respect that. As for me, I'll keep being a paranoid wreck and doing whatever I can to safeguard myself and my accounts 🙃
 
boytres said:

Kitty Paws said:

Is OpSec really necessary here, though? It's not like you're buying stuff off the darknet. I grabbed some from Cashapp, sent it over to their wallet, and my kit showed up 4 days later. I'm too lazy for all this.
My suggestion is to go through the first post carefully — it lays out the dangers in a lot of detail.

It's possible you'll never run into any problems buying from unregulated gray markets with your KYC accounts. On the other hand, you might end up with banned accounts, lost funds, and so on.

How you pay vendors is entirely your call, and I respect that. As for me, I'll keep being a paranoid wreck and doing whatever I can to safeguard myself and my accounts 🙃
Yeah, I only just came across the news about accounts being banned — had no idea that was happening. From here on I'll switch to different methods. Appreciate it.
 
mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Thank you for kicking off this thread... I went through it (some parts I skimmed, but I read nearly every post) and now I keep wondering: what happens if I purchase crypto (USDC solana, which the vendor asked for) inside Venmo (there's already money sitting in the account, so that feels like the simplest route), then move it to Exodus, then move it to the vendor. Or Venmo>Exodus>cake>vendor. Does that give me some protection without the switcheroo of the crypto type? Or is it absolutely necessary to exchange it into different crypto and then back? I'm having a hard time thinking it will be detrimental if I'm doing this once. The vendor suggested just getting a coinbase account and sending solana directly from that, but I already knew enough to not do that.

I picked the vendor because they said they take Alipay but then they said their account was down when I told her I wanted pay with Alipay (also, why does that happen??). I've been very resistant to crypto so it's a bit of a learning curve and mental block as well, and yet, I want to get my peps and not spend a fortune, so here I am. 😬 Please forgive my ignorance, I just didn't see anyone asking specifically about venmo.
 
wranedrops said:

mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.

Thank you for kicking off this thread... I went through it (some parts I skimmed, but I read nearly every post) and now I keep wondering: what happens if I purchase crypto (USDC solana, which the vendor asked for) inside Venmo (there's already money sitting in the account, so that feels like the simplest route), then move it to Exodus, then move it to the vendor. Or Venmo>Exodus>cake>vendor. Does that give me some protection without the switcheroo of the crypto type? Or is it absolutely necessary to exchange it into different crypto and then back? I'm having a hard time thinking it will be detrimental if I'm doing this once. The vendor suggested just getting a coinbase account and sending solana directly from that, but I already knew enough to not do that.

I picked the vendor because they said they take Alipay but then they said their account was down when I told her I wanted pay with Alipay (also, why does that happen??). I've been very resistant to crypto so it's a bit of a learning curve and mental block as well, and yet, I want to get my peps and not spend a fortune, so here I am. 😬 Please forgive my ignorance, I just didn't see anyone asking specifically about venmo.
Correct. If the goal is to keep your crypto movements private, the funds need to be converted into a privacy coin such as Monero (XMR). Regular blockchains are open to anyone, and every transaction you make stays on record permanently. If you never move into a privacy coin, the trail can be followed through each of your wallets all the way back to who you are.
 
mybodyisasewer said:

It's become painfully obvious to me that a huge number of newcomers here are in way over their heads and have zero grasp of opsec. That's why I'm putting together this schizo post.

I was present during the SR1.0 RC days (read my username literally), so the mere fact that I'm walking free ought to demonstrate that I understand what I'm doing.

Way too many people I see are buying bitcoin on a clearnet KYC exchange like Coinbase and then firing it directly at the vendor. That is pure insanity. The blockchain is public, your BTC address is not private, and the moment the vendor's address gets identified, you are tied to them permanently and forever.

A huge number of people have had their crypto accounts shut down for sending funds to gambling sites, peptide sites, foreign governments, donating to the wrong cause, and anything else the powers that be disapprove of. Would you write a check to your drug dealer? Don't do this.

Open a Kraken account, purchase XMR, and send that to a non-custodial wallet such as Cake Wallet. Cake lets you swap the XMR into BTC. Whose BTC are you receiving? Doesn't matter, you're paying a sketchy foreign agent, it's for the best. Decentralized exchanges are the best tool available for destroying the forensic trail between you and the vendor.

If using Kraken as an onramp gives you trouble, use any exchage of your choice to get crypto and transfer it to Kraken to get the XMR. Kraken is the only exchange I know of that supports this currency, as there is a lot of pressure to delist XMR because of what I'm about to explain.

XMR has not been cracked. Despite the FUD, the US government's bounty on XMR was never claimed. This breaks the traceable chain from your custodial clearnet funds to BTC that has never touched anything with your name on it.

Obviously, vendors should be taking XMR directly, but they haven't quite caught up to the DNMs, which typically REQUIRE payment in XMR. So we're just using it to create a forensic gap between you and the funds that reach the vendor. And if you think XMR is for criminals, fine, but I've seen a $20 treasury note do things you wouldn't believe, so let's try to have consistent standards.

If you are worried about the security of running your own wallet with a seed phrase and everything, do not keep any more money in there than you need for a single purchase.

However, it is beneficial to get your crypto off the exchnage as fast as possible. This gives you plausible deniability if they ever come at you for capital gains. You can say you sold immediately at the buy price, leaving them to prove how long you held the asset. If you do this right, they won't. Also we want to keep our taxes as simple as possible. Bringing your 1099-B to H&R Block so they can work out your pittance of capital gains tax is just rude and pointless. They will hate you for this and it will cost you extra for the return prep.

Use a VPN for everything. Obviously the exchange has KYC on you, but don't give them anything more than that. Broadcasting a transaction from your personal IP address is an unnecessary risk. You want your IP associated with as little as possible. Proton VPN and PIA are solid choices if you wanted a lead on that. They don't log, and their data has yet to be seen in any unsealed warrants.

Also, rememeber the basics. Use a password for your phone, not a pin, not biometric. Do not tell people you have crypto, they will immediately and correctly assume you are a criminal. Never unlock your phone for law enforcement. Cellebrite and Graykey do not work as well as advertised. I have been in a position to see a large enough sample size and that's all I'm saying.

Ideally, you wouldn't even use a phone for this, but a laptop running a linux live distro like TAILS. This depends on your risk tolerance and threat models.

Read off the addresses when you send. Just the first and last characters. A popular cyber attack is to compromise the clipboard and have you paste the attacker's receiving address when you send.

To recap:

Kraken XMR -> Cake wallet -> swap to BTC

Use a VPN.

Write down your seed somewhere, or don't, it's just a temporary parking spot for your next purchase, right?

Stop screwing around with solana and usdt and paypal and all that noise. It is horrifying to see people buying this stuff using an American KYC service. This is how you get blacklisted from paypal. Stripe, Square, Venmo, Cashapp and all these other services are NOT YOUR FRIEND and they will snitch you out and close your account at the first sign of anything illegitimate. These financial institutions are so heavily regulated that they are essentially organs of the very state that is oppressing us. Stop trusting them!

Always assume your that exchange, bank, postman, and dentist are conspiring to build a case on you. Give them nothing to work with, get your coins off the exchange and swap them that same day. Say nothing to anyone. And if you are ever cornered for any reason, remember the magic words: I want a lawyer.

You never know when permissible actions today will come back at you in the future, ex post facto is not the shield you might think it is. If you want more info, look up the DNM bible. I'll certainly answer questions here or defend my position if someone else has a different doctrine.

Security doesn't have to be onerous or difficult, but there's a lot to learn if you're going to do it right.
Honestly, the depth of your knowledge here is impressive, and you lay it out so patiently that even someone with zero background can keep up without getting lost.
 
Good-Heart6425 said:

Would Alipay be a safer option compared to USDC? Crypto has me stuck. What worries me is the possibility of losing global entry, and no longer being able to fly abroad.
None of those things will happen because of crypto. What will strip you of every privilege you have is the package sitting there with your name and address on it.
 
Oh God, I'm sorry, I made another purchase through CashApp. I need to do better. This will be my last since I'm stocked for years now.
 
Do you actually need this much privacy? Like, what's the absolute worst that happens if it comes out that you sent money to a Chinese peptide seller?

My idea is to buy BTC on an exchange, then move it into my bluewallet wallet. After that, I'd send the BTC from bluewallet over to the vendor. Does that approach have any issues?
 
findsource said:

Do you actually need this much privacy? Like, what's the absolute worst that happens if it comes out that you sent money to a Chinese peptide seller?

My idea is to buy BTC on an exchange, then move it into my bluewallet wallet. After that, I'd send the BTC from bluewallet over to the vendor. Does that approach have any issues?

There are a few reasons why people go to the trouble of concealing what they're doing: accounts can get shut down, funds can be frozen or become unreachable, and your name can end up tied to Chinese drug dealers (whatever label you prefer, the reality is that they mass-produce chemicals, and while some are legal, others aren't — that's just how it is). Depending on which country you live in, the fallout can hit people in very different ways.

Anything you send through crypto gets written onto the blockchain, in public view, permanently. That means if a vendor is busted and investigators start working backwards through transactions, yours may surface, and you'll be the one under the microscope.

That's the reasoning behind some people choosing to obscure their activity with XMR, since it's a genuine privacy coin. If you follow the approaches laid out in this post, you can sever the trail on the blockchain so that your transactions can't be traced back to you.

My suggestion would be to go back, read OP's first post, and make an effort to grasp what they're laying out — or don't, and carry on as you were. The choice is completely yours.
 
boytres said:

findsource said:

Do you actually need this much privacy? Like, what's the absolute worst that happens if it comes out that you sent money to a Chinese peptide seller?

My idea is to buy BTC on an exchange, then move it into my bluewallet wallet. After that, I'd send the BTC from bluewallet over to the vendor. Does that approach have any issues?

There are a few reasons why people go to the trouble of concealing what they're doing: accounts can get shut down, funds can be frozen or become unreachable, and your name can end up tied to Chinese drug dealers (whatever label you prefer, the reality is that they mass-produce chemicals, and while some are legal, others aren't — that's just how it is). Depending on which country you live in, the fallout can hit people in very different ways.

Anything you send through crypto gets written onto the blockchain, in public view, permanently. That means if a vendor is busted and investigators start working backwards through transactions, yours may surface, and you'll be the one under the microscope.

That's the reasoning behind some people choosing to obscure their activity with XMR, since it's a genuine privacy coin. If you follow the approaches laid out in this post, you can sever the trail on the blockchain so that your transactions can't be traced back to you.

My suggestion would be to go back, read OP's first post, and make an effort to grasp what they're laying out — or don't, and carry on as you were. The choice is completely yours.
Fine, but let's be real here — so what? I'm a 65 year old retired geezer, why would the government give a damn that I picked up a GLP and KPV for my arthritis? Realistically speaking. Yeah, if I were buying in quantities big enough to stock the entire Senior Center, sure, maybe. But just one person buying for themselves? Nah....
 
spanky2026 said:

boytres said:

findsource said:

Do you actually need this much privacy? Like, what's the absolute worst that happens if it comes out that you sent money to a Chinese peptide seller?

My idea is to buy BTC on an exchange, then move it into my bluewallet wallet. After that, I'd send the BTC from bluewallet over to the vendor. Does that approach have any issues?

There are a few reasons why people go to the trouble of concealing what they're doing: accounts can get shut down, funds can be frozen or become unreachable, and your name can end up tied to Chinese drug dealers (whatever label you prefer, the reality is that they mass-produce chemicals, and while some are legal, others aren't — that's just how it is). Depending on which country you live in, the fallout can hit people in very different ways.

Anything you send through crypto gets written onto the blockchain, in public view, permanently. That means if a vendor is busted and investigators start working backwards through transactions, yours may surface, and you'll be the one under the microscope.

That's the reasoning behind some people choosing to obscure their activity with XMR, since it's a genuine privacy coin. If you follow the approaches laid out in this post, you can sever the trail on the blockchain so that your transactions can't be traced back to you.

My suggestion would be to go back, read OP's first post, and make an effort to grasp what they're laying out — or don't, and carry on as you were. The choice is completely yours.
Fine, but let's be real here — so what? I'm a 65 year old retired geezer, why would the government give a damn that I picked up a GLP and KPV for my arthritis? Realistically speaking. Yeah, if I were buying in quantities big enough to stock the entire Senior Center, sure, maybe. But just one person buying for themselves? Nah....
The way you're commenting and thinking is precisely the reason nobody but you gets to decide what you do. Nobody here is handing out orders. What this forum offers is information and other people's experience. The post lays out the worst case. Nothing more. Do whatever you want with that, and decide for yourself where to go from here.

As for me, I couldn't care less whether my government finds out that I inject a whole pile of peptides, or that I get them for next to nothing, undercutting the corporations that pour trillions into R&D to develop and sell these amazing drugs. What I do care about is keeping my money and my assets safe. That's what drives me here. I pick the precautions I take so the things I work hard for stay protected.
 
Back
Top