Pairing Cagrilintide with Retatrutide

Don

Explorer
Joined
Apr 30, 2026
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
Hey everyone, I'm in week 3 of Retatrutide right now, taking 1.5mg weekly, and I'm feeling really good. Energy levels are solid even while cutting, and the food noise has become much easier to handle than it used to be (normally my cravings are impossible to control). I've come across people stacking Tirz with Cagri, and since Reta is my first Pep, I started wondering about doing the same with Reta. So here are my questions:

What does Cagrilintide bring to the table when added to Retatrutide, versus using Retatrutide on its own?

At what point does it actually make sense to introduce Cagrilintide into a Retatrutide cycle?

Which side effects tend to show up when Retatrutide and Cagrilintide are combined?

Thanks so much for any help!!
 
dondada109 said:

Hey everyone, I'm in week 3 of Retatrutide right now, taking 1.5mg weekly, and I'm feeling really good. Energy levels are solid even while cutting, and the food noise has become much easier to handle than it used to be (normally my cravings are impossible to control). I've come across people stacking Tirz with Cagri, and since Reta is my first Pep, I started wondering about doing the same with Reta. So here are my questions:

What does Cagrilintide bring to the table when added to Retatrutide, versus using Retatrutide on its own?

At what point does it actually make sense to introduce Cagrilintide into a Retatrutide cycle?

Which side effects tend to show up when Retatrutide and Cagrilintide are combined?

Thanks so much for any help!!
One reason to bring cagri into the mix is to keep reta's side effects from ramping up — things tied to glucagon, insomnia being one example. Another is when you're nearing reta's top dose and the payoff keeps shrinking. A typical cagri starting point is 250 or 300 mcg.
 
Calm Logic said:

dondada109 said:

Hey everyone, I'm in week 3 of Retatrutide right now, taking 1.5mg weekly, and I'm feeling really good. Energy levels are solid even while cutting, and the food noise has become much easier to handle than it used to be (normally my cravings are impossible to control). I've come across people stacking Tirz with Cagri, and since Reta is my first Pep, I started wondering about doing the same with Reta. So here are my questions:

What does Cagrilintide bring to the table when added to Retatrutide, versus using Retatrutide on its own?

At what point does it actually make sense to introduce Cagrilintide into a Retatrutide cycle?

Which side effects tend to show up when Retatrutide and Cagrilintide are combined?

Thanks so much for any help!!
One reason to bring cagri into the mix is to keep reta's side effects from ramping up — things tied to glucagon, insomnia being one example. Another is when you're nearing reta's top dose and the payoff keeps shrinking. A typical cagri starting point is 250 or 300 mcg.
That does sound like a solid synergy, appreciate the reply!
 
If reta doesn't give you side effects, then adding cagri only makes sense when appetite is a REAL problem at roughly 8mg and increasing the reta dose isn't something you want to do.

At 1.5mg, reta is below even a starting dose. You'd need 3-4 weeks before appetite suppression becomes solid at that level, and for someone like me, a once-a-week schedule means being very hungry by day 5.

From what most people report, glucagon activation doesn't kick in until doses reach 6-8mg.
 
birdwhacker said:

If reta doesn't give you side effects, then adding cagri only makes sense when appetite is a REAL problem at roughly 8mg and increasing the reta dose isn't something you want to do.

At 1.5mg, reta is below even a starting dose. You'd need 3-4 weeks before appetite suppression becomes solid at that level, and for someone like me, a once-a-week schedule means being very hungry by day 5.

From what most people report, glucagon activation doesn't kick in until doses reach 6-8mg.
Honestly, that's really interesting — right now I'm dosing every 5 days.
 
dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

If reta doesn't give you side effects, then adding cagri only makes sense when appetite is a REAL problem at roughly 8mg and increasing the reta dose isn't something you want to do.

At 1.5mg, reta is below even a starting dose. You'd need 3-4 weeks before appetite suppression becomes solid at that level, and for someone like me, a once-a-week schedule means being very hungry by day 5.

From what most people report, glucagon activation doesn't kick in until doses reach 6-8mg.
Honestly, that's really interesting — right now I'm dosing every 5 days.
Solid pick! If appetite control weren't such a big factor for me, I'd also be dosing every 5 days. Right now I'm on 2mg every 3 days, which works out to 4.66mg weekly. That's up from 2.33mg per week during the first four weeks.

I've likely dropped around 20lbs. Is this week 7? 6.99mg will wreck me lol, I may hang out at this dose for another few weeks because my daily average deficit this week has been 1,200 calories lol.
 
birdwhacker said:

dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

If reta doesn't give you side effects, then adding cagri only makes sense when appetite is a REAL problem at roughly 8mg and increasing the reta dose isn't something you want to do.

At 1.5mg, reta is below even a starting dose. You'd need 3-4 weeks before appetite suppression becomes solid at that level, and for someone like me, a once-a-week schedule means being very hungry by day 5.

From what most people report, glucagon activation doesn't kick in until doses reach 6-8mg.
Honestly, that's really interesting — right now I'm dosing every 5 days.
Solid pick! If appetite control weren't such a big factor for me, I'd also be dosing every 5 days. Right now I'm on 2mg every 3 days, which works out to 4.66mg weekly. That's up from 2.33mg per week during the first four weeks.

I've likely dropped around 20lbs. Is this week 7? 6.99mg will wreck me lol, I may hang out at this dose for another few weeks because my daily average deficit this week has been 1,200 calories lol.
Damn, 20lbs gone is impressive! Running a 1.200 calorie deficit is really steep though, be careful you don't end up sacrificing too much muscle
 
dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

If reta doesn't give you side effects, then adding cagri only makes sense when appetite is a REAL problem at roughly 8mg and increasing the reta dose isn't something you want to do.

At 1.5mg, reta is below even a starting dose. You'd need 3-4 weeks before appetite suppression becomes solid at that level, and for someone like me, a once-a-week schedule means being very hungry by day 5.

From what most people report, glucagon activation doesn't kick in until doses reach 6-8mg.
Honestly, that's really interesting — right now I'm dosing every 5 days.
Solid pick! If appetite control weren't such a big factor for me, I'd also be dosing every 5 days. Right now I'm on 2mg every 3 days, which works out to 4.66mg weekly. That's up from 2.33mg per week during the first four weeks.

I've likely dropped around 20lbs. Is this week 7? 6.99mg will wreck me lol, I may hang out at this dose for another few weeks because my daily average deficit this week has been 1,200 calories lol.
Damn, 20lbs gone is impressive! Running a 1.200 calorie deficit is really steep though, be careful you don't end up sacrificing too much muscle
Appreciate it, man!

Honestly, screw it. Waiting around isn't my thing. I'm 27, so once I can hit a gym and start messing with hormones, the muscle will come back. For now, I just want this damn weight off, you know?
 
birdwhacker said:

dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

If reta doesn't give you side effects, then adding cagri only makes sense when appetite is a REAL problem at roughly 8mg and increasing the reta dose isn't something you want to do.

At 1.5mg, reta is below even a starting dose. You'd need 3-4 weeks before appetite suppression becomes solid at that level, and for someone like me, a once-a-week schedule means being very hungry by day 5.

From what most people report, glucagon activation doesn't kick in until doses reach 6-8mg.
Honestly, that's really interesting — right now I'm dosing every 5 days.
Solid pick! If appetite control weren't such a big factor for me, I'd also be dosing every 5 days. Right now I'm on 2mg every 3 days, which works out to 4.66mg weekly. That's up from 2.33mg per week during the first four weeks.

I've likely dropped around 20lbs. Is this week 7? 6.99mg will wreck me lol, I may hang out at this dose for another few weeks because my daily average deficit this week has been 1,200 calories lol.
Damn, 20lbs gone is impressive! Running a 1.200 calorie deficit is really steep though, be careful you don't end up sacrificing too much muscle
Appreciate it, man!

Honestly, screw it. Waiting around isn't my thing. I'm 27, so once I can hit a gym and start messing with hormones, the muscle will come back. For now, I just want this damn weight off, you know?
Seriously, watch out. If you shed too much muscle, you'll just look like a smaller copy of yourself and still carry fat. Drop too much muscle and your maintenance calories become the amount you previously dieted on.

You can still manage a solid session using bodyweight movements to hold onto muscle. Try squats while wearing a backpack stuffed with books, for example.
 
gusterbuster said:

birdwhacker said:

dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

If reta doesn't give you side effects, then adding cagri only makes sense when appetite is a REAL problem at roughly 8mg and increasing the reta dose isn't something you want to do.

At 1.5mg, reta is below even a starting dose. You'd need 3-4 weeks before appetite suppression becomes solid at that level, and for someone like me, a once-a-week schedule means being very hungry by day 5.

From what most people report, glucagon activation doesn't kick in until doses reach 6-8mg.
Honestly, that's really interesting — right now I'm dosing every 5 days.
Solid pick! If appetite control weren't such a big factor for me, I'd also be dosing every 5 days. Right now I'm on 2mg every 3 days, which works out to 4.66mg weekly. That's up from 2.33mg per week during the first four weeks.

I've likely dropped around 20lbs. Is this week 7? 6.99mg will wreck me lol, I may hang out at this dose for another few weeks because my daily average deficit this week has been 1,200 calories lol.
Damn, 20lbs gone is impressive! Running a 1.200 calorie deficit is really steep though, be careful you don't end up sacrificing too much muscle
Appreciate it, man!

Honestly, screw it. Waiting around isn't my thing. I'm 27, so once I can hit a gym and start messing with hormones, the muscle will come back. For now, I just want this damn weight off, you know?
Seriously, watch out. If you shed too much muscle, you'll just look like a smaller copy of yourself and still carry fat. Drop too much muscle and your maintenance calories become the amount you previously dieted on.

You can still manage a solid session using bodyweight movements to hold onto muscle. Try squats while wearing a backpack stuffed with books, for example.
Yeah, I get that. It's kind of frightening to think about.

gusterbuster said:

birdwhacker said:

dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

dondada109 said:

birdwhacker said:

If reta doesn't give you side effects, then adding cagri only makes sense when appetite is a REAL problem at roughly 8mg and increasing the reta dose isn't something you want to do.

At 1.5mg, reta is below even a starting dose. You'd need 3-4 weeks before appetite suppression becomes solid at that level, and for someone like me, a once-a-week schedule means being very hungry by day 5.

From what most people report, glucagon activation doesn't kick in until doses reach 6-8mg.
Honestly, that's really interesting — right now I'm dosing every 5 days.
Solid pick! If appetite control weren't such a big factor for me, I'd also be dosing every 5 days. Right now I'm on 2mg every 3 days, which works out to 4.66mg weekly. That's up from 2.33mg per week during the first four weeks.

I've likely dropped around 20lbs. Is this week 7? 6.99mg will wreck me lol, I may hang out at this dose for another few weeks because my daily average deficit this week has been 1,200 calories lol.
Damn, 20lbs gone is impressive! Running a 1.200 calorie deficit is really steep though, be careful you don't end up sacrificing too much muscle
Appreciate it, man!

Honestly, screw it. Waiting around isn't my thing. I'm 27, so once I can hit a gym and start messing with hormones, the muscle will come back. For now, I just want this damn weight off, you know?
Seriously, watch out. If you shed too much muscle, you'll just look like a smaller copy of yourself and still carry fat. Drop too much muscle and your maintenance calories become the amount you previously dieted on.

You can still manage a solid session using bodyweight movements to hold onto muscle. Try squats while wearing a backpack stuffed with books, for example.
I absolutely despise bodyweight exercises. Pushups are the absolute worst. Planks are pointless. Squats feel ridiculous. Running is something I love. Sprinting as well. And I enjoy plenty of gym machines and weights, but I simply don't have access to them.
 
Back
Top