Chest pain got me rushed to the hospital last year. Not a heart attack — that I knew — but my daughter would rather hear it from a physician than from me. I’m fine, btw.
Mine is a power wheelchair (although a few minutes at a time on my feet is possible) and the scale had gone untouched for years. Their numbers put me at 215, which worked out to a BMI of exactly 30.
Half a year later 25 pounds had come off, without much effort beyond cutting back on the drink (whisky, mostly).
Nothing budged after that until Reta entered the picture. ~12 pounds more are gone and the BMI landed at 24.9 yesterday.
There is more to health than BMI and I still have ground to cover, but seeing that number felt pretty damn good.
Mine is a power wheelchair (although a few minutes at a time on my feet is possible) and the scale had gone untouched for years. Their numbers put me at 215, which worked out to a BMI of exactly 30.
Half a year later 25 pounds had come off, without much effort beyond cutting back on the drink (whisky, mostly).
Nothing budged after that until Reta entered the picture. ~12 pounds more are gone and the BMI landed at 24.9 yesterday.
There is more to health than BMI and I still have ground to cover, but seeing that number felt pretty damn good.