Orforglipron approved in the UK (10th Aug 2026)

dela2k12

Explorer
Joined
May 8, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
The MHRA approved Orfoglipron this morning, so I would imagine private telehealth will have it in stock shortly. Exciting!

Fingers crosses the competition puts pressure on the Wegovy pill as well.



ec769b07c1e4564230a4e1f7400d8b7cb2c8694b113f988d51d989cfbf855caa.png




UK first in Europe to authorise orforglipron for weight management and type 2 diabetes



As with every GLP-1 receptor agonist, the MHRA will keep orforglipron's safety and effectiveness under close review.

Image unavailable


www.gov.uk
 
The main drawback comes down to how quickly it clears your system. A faster clearance means you get weaker results, while side effects stay level with, or even exceed, those of injectable options. Still, for those whose primary need is upkeep, lower doses might do the job. A pill organiser is a must, though. With injections I never forget, but with tablets I sometimes lose track of whether I took one.

My feelings on orfo are mixed: it is handy for things like vacations and trips away, yet I have only used the grey market kind. Usually I will pop a single 8 mg tablet here and there as a top-up when I cannot be bothered to inject reta on schedule. These days I am back to breaking the smaller pills in half.

(On the grey side, one notable problem: what the Chinese have been shipping us is limited to stronger tablets, 8 mg and 12 mg, and they test 1 mg over. That is one more reason I will not buy again, though at this pace running out is not a near-term concern.)
 
Back
Top