Ordered tesa 10 hasn't shown up yet — what should I do?

mdec85

Explorer
Joined
Jun 2, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Sf Bay area California
Hi everyone,

I placed an order for some tesa through a supplier that I've had good experiences with a few times before. This was tesa 10, and it was supposed to get here a few days back, but it never showed up. When I looked at USPS, it appears to be stuck in North Carolina, I think, and there's been no movement.

My question is: how long should I wait before reaching out to the supplier, and what would be a reasonable way for them to resolve it? What's the best way to deal with this, guys? I'm just hoping they don't ghost me.
 
I’ve got 2 of these myself. Check what USPS shows for the tracking status, though. If it says parcel pending, that means USPS hasn’t received it yet. 1 of my packages only just made it through customs in china (Hong Kong), and the other one is still listed as being in customs more than a week later. I reached out to the vendor, and he said he’d ship a replacement, and if the original one eventually arrives, I can keep that too. Vendors differ from one another, but they do want to give good service.
 
This should be shipping from a USA warehouse they operate, so I don't think customs is involved. From what I can see, USPS did get the package from the vendor — it was shipped and scanned a couple of times — but since then there's been zero movement and no fresh updates on the estimated arrival.
 
Vash said:

What’s stopping you from giving usps a ring?

a5bfe349ba70d1770623524d48ef7635f6915e48c3fc772d19b34fdf6fde38e8.gif
 
Wow, that's such a brilliant thought. I really don't know how that didn't cross my mind. Oh wait, that's right — the package isn't coming from me, I'm only the one receiving it, so USPS basically told me to get lost. Still, smart suggestion.
 
Unless you have information that I don't, if they're supposed to hand over details to me, I could try ringing another office. But whenever I call, they want the sender's details, and once I explained I'm only the person receiving it, that was it.
 
When a package addressed to me went missing before, I phoned in with the tracking number and a trace got started. Inside was just a small BAC shipment. They provided a case link too, so updates were accessible to me. Within 2 days they located it, and it showed up 1 day after that. Why you're being given the run around, I can't say.
 
mdec85 said:

Thanks for the assistance, I'll ring another number to check whether they can assist, I appreciate you all, even those higher up lol
Get in touch with the Post office in your area. They can direct you to the proper channel for starting a trace.
 
Once my package sat at the local warehouse for a full week without any movement, so I rang the USPS national number. Nothing came back after 3 business days, so I phoned a second time. That's when a consumer affairs officer got in touch, and the package showed up a few days afterward.

My suggestion: reach out to USPS customer service and file a service request. If 3 business days pass with no reply, call once more — at that point they ought to be able to escalate it. Good luck!
 
mdec85 said:

Unless you have information that I don't, if they're supposed to hand over details to me, I could try ringing another office. But whenever I call, they want the sender's details, and once I explained I'm only the person receiving it, that was it.
When it comes to USPS, the sender's sole "edge" over the recipient is being able to start a refund claim for postage and any insurance on a lost or damaged package. As for tracking and tracing, the recipient holds the same right to open an inquiry and trace as the sender does. So either the person you talked to was clueless, or you posed the wrong question.
 
My message to them went like this: "I'm the recipient of a package, said package was supposed to be delivered 3 days ago here's the tracking number Can you please help me figure out what's going on" Not sure whether that can be phrased in other ways, but those were my words lol

I'll ring them up once more and let you all know how it goes
 
USPS pulling this kind of thing seems to be a recurring theme, and it's always a bad feeling! For me it happened with an international passport application — the envelope contained every one of my documents. Seeing it parked in Jamaica Queens for roughly a week had me on edge, since anyone who got their hands on that envelope could have taken my identity; it had everything. About 7 days later it finally arrived, and the relief was huge. Fingers crossed your package turns up before long
 
bamagirl26 said:

USPS pulling this kind of thing seems to be a recurring theme, and it's always a bad feeling! For me it happened with an international passport application — the envelope contained every one of my documents. Seeing it parked in Jamaica Queens for roughly a week had me on edge, since anyone who got their hands on that envelope could have taken my identity; it had everything. About 7 days later it finally arrived, and the relief was huge. Fingers crossed your package turns up before long
Thanks so much!
 
A local warehouse might still need up to 2 weeks. I suspect they were out of stock, though it should arrive in another 3 or 4 days.
 
It looks like USPS has basically stopped bothering to scan or update a lot of packages these days. Over my last 2 purchases from US warehouses, plus another 2 parcels of different kinds, the tracking sat at "Shipping Label created" and "Accepted by USPS" and then went completely silent right up until it reached my local USPS several days to a week afterward. Just last week I had a Reta order that showed USPS Oregon had accepted it with a delivery estimate of "by July 31st", and after that there was NOTHING — zero movement updates the whole way — until it abruptly appeared as "Out for Delivery" to me yesterday.

Apparently that's just how they operate now. So a delay that looks like something's wrong probably isn't worth worrying about; chances are they simply aren't updating anything anymore.
 
Once I registered for "|informed delivery", I realized it gave me a lot more details and did so more quickly compared to checking vendor tracking.

5f630a7ea01f217aa7de753a6490776468dc4515f40ae35b33b764329ab4e8e7.webp
 
Skidude said:

Once I registered for "|informed delivery", I realized it gave me a lot more details and did so more quickly compared to checking vendor tracking.

View attachment 9861
I've been using informed delivery for a long time. With Amazon shipments, though, I frequently need to check the Amazon website just to find out where my package really is! Most of the time, USPS Informed Delivery only tells me that it was received.
 
Back
Top