Order Arrived With COA That Doesn't Match – Vendor Sent a New One From Another Lab, How Would You Handle It?

DjJoshua

Explorer
Joined
Jan 11, 2026
Messages
345
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
Hi all, I chose "Item X" (5mg) from a vendor holding USA warehouse stock and paid a premium for quicker delivery. Here's what showed up:

The cap color on the vial didn't match the one in the original COA they'd sent me (that COA lined up with 10mg).

The label on the plastic box read 5mg, matching my order.

Yet the original COA was plainly for 10mg.

When I asked the vendor, they said: "It's all good, that's what you ordered." After that they provided a brand-new COA issued by a completely different lab AND under an entirely different company name, saying it now corresponds to what I got. I understand that when stock runs low, vendors may pull from whichever batch is on hand, and mix-ups do occur in this space. I've always sent my peptides for third-party testing regardless (and yes, at times I'll do a tiny test dose while waiting on results)

So I'm asking the group: should I simply ship this vial out for my own independent third-party testing to confirm purity/quantity, and let it go if everything checks out? Or does the COA swap amount to a red flag, meaning I should steer clear of this vendor from now on? Anyone else run into COA changes or label discrepancies like this? What did you do about it? Any advice or shared experiences would help as I try to stay safe and smart with this stuff.

Thanks!
 
Oh no way. Send me that vendor in a dm, I refuse to get involved with anything like that and I'll block them and never buy from them again.

They should have apologized, and sent you the right vials (color caps and everything) plus the current coa. Just absolutely not, that's terrible man I'm sorry.
 
I'd want to know the name too. That kind of thing wouldn't sit right with me.
 
I'll share the details through a private message; I don't want to call them out in public.
 
DjJoshua said:

Hi all, I chose "Item X" (5mg) from a vendor holding USA warehouse stock and paid a premium for quicker delivery. Here's what showed up:

The cap color on the vial didn't match the one in the original COA they'd sent me (that COA lined up with 10mg).

The label on the plastic box read 5mg, matching my order.

Yet the original COA was plainly for 10mg.

When I asked the vendor, they said: "It's all good, that's what you ordered." After that they provided a brand-new COA issued by a completely different lab AND under an entirely different company name, saying it now corresponds to what I got. I understand that when stock runs low, vendors may pull from whichever batch is on hand, and mix-ups do occur in this space. I've always sent my peptides for third-party testing regardless (and yes, at times I'll do a tiny test dose while waiting on results)

So I'm asking the group: should I simply ship this vial out for my own independent third-party testing to confirm purity/quantity, and let it go if everything checks out? Or does the COA swap amount to a red flag, meaning I should steer clear of this vendor from now on? Anyone else run into COA changes or label discrepancies like this? What did you do about it? Any advice or shared experiences would help as I try to stay safe and smart with this stuff.

Thanks!
Mind sharing who the vendor is?

There is no way this is acceptable — 1000000% not ok.
 
DjJoshua said:

Hi all, I chose "Item X" (5mg) from a vendor holding USA warehouse stock and paid a premium for quicker delivery. Here's what showed up:

The cap color on the vial didn't match the one in the original COA they'd sent me (that COA lined up with 10mg).

The label on the plastic box read 5mg, matching my order.

Yet the original COA was plainly for 10mg.

When I asked the vendor, they said: "It's all good, that's what you ordered." After that they provided a brand-new COA issued by a completely different lab AND under an entirely different company name, saying it now corresponds to what I got. I understand that when stock runs low, vendors may pull from whichever batch is on hand, and mix-ups do occur in this space. I've always sent my peptides for third-party testing regardless (and yes, at times I'll do a tiny test dose while waiting on results)

So I'm asking the group: should I simply ship this vial out for my own independent third-party testing to confirm purity/quantity, and let it go if everything checks out? Or does the COA swap amount to a red flag, meaning I should steer clear of this vendor from now on? Anyone else run into COA changes or label discrepancies like this? What did you do about it? Any advice or shared experiences would help as I try to stay safe and smart with this stuff.

Thanks!

I'd ask for either a resend or a refund. A refund would be my first choice.
 
MeedzMoar said:

Poor DJ is going to be pm'ing all night long!
If it helps a little, I'll make some coffee. Tonight I'm hitting the books for my private pilot license, so I'm awake anyway. On top of that, I'm browsing planes for sale — the small kind — and the more pounds I drop thanks to GLP's, the more passengers I can fit in my aircraft, haha....
 
⚠️Vendor Name Removed for Shilling⚠️ supplied a COA for NAD+ that listed PGB on it. I wasn't overly concerned, since my assumption has always been that ⚠️Vendor Name Removed for Shilling⚠️ likely sources kits from Uther and PGB, then resells them individually at a markup — which, to be fair, doesn't bother me. Still, labeling that as "good practice" isn't something I'd do.
 
randompersonrandom said:

⚠️Vendor Name Removed for Shilling⚠️ supplied a COA for NAD+ that listed PGB on it. I wasn't overly concerned, since my assumption has always been that ⚠️Vendor Name Removed for Shilling⚠️ likely sources kits from Uther and PGB, then resells them individually at a markup — which, to be fair, doesn't bother me. Still, labeling that as "good practice" isn't something I'd do.
Fair enough, I'm probably reading too much into this. Take the situation where the vial ends up 21% above the target or short of it — how would I work out my dose then? I get it too, given where these products come from. Nearly all of my 3rd party testing has come back really GOOD. and overfilled on top of that lol..
 
DjJoshua said:

randompersonrandom said:

⚠️Vendor Name Removed for Shilling⚠️ supplied a COA for NAD+ that listed PGB on it. I wasn't overly concerned, since my assumption has always been that ⚠️Vendor Name Removed for Shilling⚠️ likely sources kits from Uther and PGB, then resells them individually at a markup — which, to be fair, doesn't bother me. Still, labeling that as "good practice" isn't something I'd do.
Fair enough, I'm probably reading too much into this. Take the situation where the vial ends up 21% above the target or short of it — how would I work out my dose then? I get it too, given where these products come from. Nearly all of my 3rd party testing has come back really GOOD. and overfilled on top of that lol..
Yeah, my feelings keep shifting on this. Sure, being more cautious would've been smarter. But honestly, I wasn't exactly in a "super careful" mindset back then; the only reason I went with ⚠️Vendor Name Removed for Shilling⚠️ is that @Calm Logic or another online buddy gave them a thumbs-up, plus their site looked tidy and straightforward, and I realize those aren't exactly rock-solid reasons for me shrugging and saying "eh, it's fine." 😀

(For whatever it's worth, my experience with G.A. was completely okay)
 
DjJoshua said:

MeedzMoar said:

Poor DJ is going to be pm'ing all night long!
If it helps a little, I'll make some coffee. Tonight I'm hitting the books for my private pilot license, so I'm awake anyway. On top of that, I'm browsing planes for sale — the small kind — and the more pounds I drop thanks to GLP's, the more passengers I can fit in my aircraft, haha....

Nice work on the pilot's license!

Plenty of folks seem thrilled when a vial comes overfilled. A +/- 5% variance is fine. Beyond that, I'd call it poor manufacturing, personally.
 
MeedzMoar said:

DjJoshua said:

MeedzMoar said:

Poor DJ is going to be pm'ing all night long!
If it helps a little, I'll make some coffee. Tonight I'm hitting the books for my private pilot license, so I'm awake anyway. On top of that, I'm browsing planes for sale — the small kind — and the more pounds I drop thanks to GLP's, the more passengers I can fit in my aircraft, haha....

Nice work on the pilot's license!

Plenty of folks seem thrilled when a vial comes overfilled. A +/- 5% variance is fine. Beyond that, I'd call it poor manufacturing, personally.
As long as the amount is clear to me, extra fill is a plus in my book. Who turns down free product? Sure, some folks here will complain no matter what
 
A vendor outside this community pulled the same switch on me. The cap was nothing like what I expected... and their response was basically "it's fine." To be sure, I went ahead and shipped a vial off for testing, and the result came back clean. Still, I'm leaning toward buying from someone else going forward.
 
Honestly, I am struggling to see where the vendor messed up, aside from the initial mistake of sending the wrong COA. Suppose you had been shown the 10mg COA before placing your order, and you went ahead and bought the 5mg kit anyway — how could the vendor possibly predict ahead of time that this would bother you? After all, the majority of buyers simply want to see something showing that any testing is being done at all. And if matching the COA to your order was such a priority, why didn't you ask for the COA that corresponded to your 5mg order before you placed it? If they had provided the 5mg kit's COA ahead of your purchase, would that have satisfied you? If yes, then what difference does it make that it arrived after the 5mg kit? Or maybe I am just not following the situation correctly? Is the issue simply that the second COA listed a different company name? Should you have the money to test the batch, that would resolve things, though it is a costly route to obtain 50mg of verified compound X.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Honestly, I am struggling to see where the vendor messed up, aside from the initial mistake of sending the wrong COA. Suppose you had been shown the 10mg COA before placing your order, and you went ahead and bought the 5mg kit anyway — how could the vendor possibly predict ahead of time that this would bother you? After all, the majority of buyers simply want to see something showing that any testing is being done at all. And if matching the COA to your order was such a priority, why didn't you ask for the COA that corresponded to your 5mg order before you placed it? If they had provided the 5mg kit's COA ahead of your purchase, would that have satisfied you? If yes, then what difference does it make that it arrived after the 5mg kit? Or maybe I am just not following the situation correctly? Is the issue simply that the second COA listed a different company name? Should you have the money to test the batch, that would resolve things, though it is a costly route to obtain 50mg of verified compound X.
For me, the initial mix-up with the COA (10 mg rather than 5 mg) isn't the biggest deal—that kind of error seems fairly routine. What really stands out as a warning sign is the sequence that followed:

They brushed off your worry ("it's all good").

After that, they produced a fresh COA from a totally different lab/company, saying it now lines up.

To me, that pattern resembles a cover-up move (often seen with grey-market peptides): changing the documents afterward rather than owning up to a discrepancy or giving the proper batch-specific COA from the start. Had they shown the second (different-lab) COA before I placed my order and it seemed credible, most folks wouldn't have had a problem. The switch after shipping plus the denial is what makes it look shady. That's all. And perhaps I'm blowing it out of proportion. That's why I'm asking
 
DjJoshua said:

lessthanhalf said:

Honestly, I am struggling to see where the vendor messed up, aside from the initial mistake of sending the wrong COA. Suppose you had been shown the 10mg COA before placing your order, and you went ahead and bought the 5mg kit anyway — how could the vendor possibly predict ahead of time that this would bother you? After all, the majority of buyers simply want to see something showing that any testing is being done at all. And if matching the COA to your order was such a priority, why didn't you ask for the COA that corresponded to your 5mg order before you placed it? If they had provided the 5mg kit's COA ahead of your purchase, would that have satisfied you? If yes, then what difference does it make that it arrived after the 5mg kit? Or maybe I am just not following the situation correctly? Is the issue simply that the second COA listed a different company name? Should you have the money to test the batch, that would resolve things, though it is a costly route to obtain 50mg of verified compound X.
For me, the initial mix-up with the COA (10 mg rather than 5 mg) isn't the biggest deal—that kind of error seems fairly routine. What really stands out as a warning sign is the sequence that followed:

They brushed off your worry ("it's all good").

After that, they produced a fresh COA from a totally different lab/company, saying it now lines up.

To me, that pattern resembles a cover-up move (often seen with grey-market peptides): changing the documents afterward rather than owning up to a discrepancy or giving the proper batch-specific COA from the start. Had they shown the second (different-lab) COA before I placed my order and it seemed credible, most folks wouldn't have had a problem. The switch after shipping plus the denial is what makes it look shady. That's all. And perhaps I'm blowing it out of proportion. That's why I'm asking
If you just buy from Binh, CoA issues never come up.......

69f78c4acd4a4f9b6840d10182695b1a0449dfc88820bc5c0ab4230e59368d45.gif
 
That logic tracks. My read is that they truly have no concern — from their viewpoint everything is acceptable, and testing exists only to keep buyers content. I figure they treat this like a quick-profit venture that happens to sit in a legal gray area, not like healthcare supply where a wrong peptide in a vial or a wrong dose is an absolute never-event. Oddly, it seems to function pretty well; at least around here, reports of someone receiving the wrong compound or a badly off dose are rare. A few of the non GLP peptides could be closer to placebo, so a mix-up might slip by unnoticed, but a GLP dosed 50% too high or a completely different GLP would usually be clear — or worse, receiving insulin rather than semaglutide and landing in intensive care, which I came across in a paper not long ago. Finding a vendor that appears to genuinely prioritize testing and tying tests to specific batches would be ideal, but those are hard to locate.

None of this matters much if you can afford to test everything yourself, which remains by far the safest route, or if you are sufficiently organized to get into a group test. Yet plenty of people, myself included, lack the money to spend and are not that organized, so we simply accept the 1 in a 1000 or 1 in 10000 chance of a serious labeling or contamination mistake.
 
DjJoshua said:

Hi all, I chose "Item X" (5mg) from a vendor holding USA warehouse stock and paid a premium for quicker delivery. Here's what showed up:

The cap color on the vial didn't match the one in the original COA they'd sent me (that COA lined up with 10mg).

The label on the plastic box read 5mg, matching my order.

Yet the original COA was plainly for 10mg.

When I asked the vendor, they said: "It's all good, that's what you ordered." After that they provided a brand-new COA issued by a completely different lab AND under an entirely different company name, saying it now corresponds to what I got. I understand that when stock runs low, vendors may pull from whichever batch is on hand, and mix-ups do occur in this space. I've always sent my peptides for third-party testing regardless (and yes, at times I'll do a tiny test dose while waiting on results)

So I'm asking the group: should I simply ship this vial out for my own independent third-party testing to confirm purity/quantity, and let it go if everything checks out? Or does the COA swap amount to a red flag, meaning I should steer clear of this vendor from now on? Anyone else run into COA changes or label discrepancies like this? What did you do about it? Any advice or shared experiences would help as I try to stay safe and smart with this stuff.

Thanks!
If your purchase wasn't based on a specific independent third-party test that verified the mass and purity of the "batch" you believed you were getting at checkout, then in my view this is a whole lot of fuss over very little.

Stock rotates. It's not realistic to expect sales reps to have 5000 vials from "batch a" parked on their desk, watching for the moment the final vial goes out the door, then instantly rewriting every ad and post and halting orders before switching over to "batch b".

Making buying choices purely off vendor-provided tests isn't a smart move.

Honestly, I'd trust a vendor more if they sent a different "batch" with different test results than if they just told the production line workers to keep slapping on the same color cap so buyers stay happily unaware that it's a different "batch".
 
Back
Top