ORD shipments: anyone else stuck waiting?

oldrunnerguy

Explorer
Joined
Feb 2, 2026
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Across multiple Telegram groups, I keep seeing reports of big holdups for orders shipped from CN. The problem seems concentrated on packages routed through ORD. People say their shipments reach Chicago, then the tracking shows "Clearance processing completed- Import" — which the LLM's take to mean customs is done — and after that there is nothing but silence, with lots of those packages stuck since early May. Meanwhile, I've come across plenty of posts where people happily report receiving CN orders through NY and CA without any trouble. So what's going on with Chicago?
 
My shipment finally showed up, but it spent nearly 3 weeks held up at US Customs in Chicago.

Apart from that delay, delivery was fast and all items came through without any damage.
 
I have an order that's been sitting at "Delivered to local carrier" status since 5/5. It got to customs and cleared on 5/4, which only took around 10 hours. Hoping for the best.

This is order number 4 for me. The first 3 all showed up roughly 12 days after I paid. I sent payment for this one in mid-April.
 
I'm in Texas, and my package also made it through customs in Chicago. I placed the order at the end of April.
 
pepstacker said:

I'm in Texas, and my package also made it through customs in Chicago. I placed the order at the end of April.
Once yours cleared Chicago, how many days passed before it started moving again?
 
Mine is still parked in Chicago right now, from what I can see. After clearing customs on 5/8/26, there has been zero movement. Here's what Emmy from ERP wrote:

"All packages detained in Chicago are already in reshipment process. Contact your sales rep to rearrange your order. Don't worry, all your issues will be sorted out."

Louise chimed in, explaining that a 20-day wait is required before a reship can be initiated. I plan to follow up with Louise again on 5/29. The saga continues.
 
I used USPS for one that went through STL. It never arrived. They sent another one via FedEx out of Buffalo, NY. That one hasn't shown up either....At this point I'd say it's fair to assume I won't be using that supplier again.
 
My package made it through customs in Chicago in just a few hours, though that was at the start of April.

bdcaa41ef9ef32d63197a8260b9d68aea42786cb6f31c0dac01f627f86cb934d.webp
 
Thanks for the heads up — guess I'll put my large order on pause. No way I want my package parked at Chicago customs for 3 weeks. For the time being, I'm only going with US Warehouses 🙏🏼
 
My situation matches what everyone else is going through. The tracking claims it "completed" import customs, but after that it vanished. There has been 0 movement since mid-April. When I reached out to the vendor, they told me their side showed it being pulled back for a second customs inspection (I'm not sure whether they can really see that kind of thing), but they've now decided to treat mine as gone/seized, so they're reshipping it.
 
Bsqueezin said:

My situation matches what everyone else is going through. The tracking claims it "completed" import customs, but after that it vanished. There has been 0 movement since mid-April. When I reached out to the vendor, they told me their side showed it being pulled back for a second customs inspection (I'm not sure whether they can really see that kind of thing), but they've now decided to treat mine as gone/seized, so they're reshipping it.
Should you have placed an order with ERP and require a re-ship, the claim is that a re-ship now runs 50% of what you originally paid, while a refund option gives back 30% of your payment. What a crock.
 
Back
Top