Oprah Winfrey Plans to Stay on GLP-1s Long-Term Following 20-Pound Regain During a Year-Long Break

It feels like a bit of arrogance to battle weight your entire life, reach your target, and assume you can simply walk away from the GLP-1. These days she’s running her own taper, stretching the interval between shots to 10-14 days. In my view, maintenance works better when you either widen the dosing schedule, lower the dose gradually, or do both. Go up slowly while you’re in weight loss mode, then take a comparable path when tapering down. Still, I respect her a great deal for saying openly that she uses a GLP-1, and then owning the mistake and what she took away from it.
 
GLP-1s should be viewed by people the same way they view insulin or medications for high blood pressure. If you require them, then you require them permanently.

The issue is that the majority of humans do not wish to rely on something for their entire life. Because I make my living in medicine, that never posed a problem for me. I got that from the start.

Cost is the other factor, and it should likely come first. A lot of people taking GLPs are charged Pharmaceutical Cartel rates for them. Some still find it costly even when insurance covers part. Think about spending $500 each month out of pocket, forever, just to keep your weight and health under control. For plenty of people who need these drugs, it's unpossible.

If people were able to get their GLPs the same way we do, compliance would not be an issue at all.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Why should anyone pay attention to Oprah or any famous person
Hearing about Oprah and glp was what pushed me to finally check it out for myself. These meds have my gratitude.
 
From the start, I understood that GLP medication would be a lifelong thing for me. Once I experienced what it felt like to feel well on them, the contrast with how awful I had actually been feeling hit me hard. Going back to that miserable state by stopping is something I can’t picture.
 
Sidney said:

It feels like a bit of arrogance to battle weight your entire life, reach your target, and assume you can simply walk away from the GLP-1. These days she’s running her own taper, stretching the interval between shots to 10-14 days. In my view, maintenance works better when you either widen the dosing schedule, lower the dose gradually, or do both. Go up slowly while you’re in weight loss mode, then take a comparable path when tapering down. Still, I respect her a great deal for saying openly that she uses a GLP-1, and then owning the mistake and what she took away from it.
That flowchart is great!
 
A gradual step-down before stopping, paired with things that naturally support GLP—fiber, herbs, and so on—looks like it would work better. What I’d really like to understand is what causes GLP to drop in the first place. Could it be antibiotics? Anesthesia? Shifts in hormones? Psychiatric medications? Some shared factor has to exist. Or maybe the explanation is as plain as: sugar adds fat and simultaneously turns off GLP production?? The large drug companies likely have the answer, but they aren’t telling!!
 
Back
Top