Only reply if your food noise and hunger dropped after 3mg

elepe

Explorer
Joined
May 28, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Calexico CA
Only respond if 3mg is when your food noise and hunger finally started to ease. I'm looking for your personal stories and some hope :/ I switched over from mounjaro 3.75 weekly; during my mounjaro stretch the doses were .25mg / .5 / .5 / 1mg of reta, then I stopped that entirely and moved to 2mg of reta. The first 2 weeks were amazing, no food noise and no hunger, but last week and this week I've been dealing with cravings and hunger. This week I took 3mg on Friday and I've still been hungry with cravings, though eating does make them fade. Will this get better? Has anyone gone through something similar and then ended up with strong suppression? I don't want to stack anything else on top yet, I want to let the medication work on its own.
 
My schedule has been 3 weeks on 2mg (taken as 1mg split doses), followed by 1 week on 3mg (taken as 1.5mg split doses), and this past Wednesday I moved up to 4mg (split into 2mg doses, Wednesday and Saturday—last night). Throughout the entire time, food noise has been essentially absent, hunger has stayed low, and I haven't had any side effects. Some people report increased hunger when their dose goes up, but my understanding is that this settles down. It might be worth waiting another week to see whether it fades. For me, though, I would stay at 3mg.
 
elepe said:

Only respond if 3mg is when your food noise and hunger finally started to ease. I'm looking for your personal stories and some hope :/ I switched over from mounjaro 3.75 weekly; during my mounjaro stretch the doses were .25mg / .5 / .5 / 1mg of reta, then I stopped that entirely and moved to 2mg of reta. The first 2 weeks were amazing, no food noise and no hunger, but last week and this week I've been dealing with cravings and hunger. This week I took 3mg on Friday and I've still been hungry with cravings, though eating does make them fade. Will this get better? Has anyone gone through something similar and then ended up with strong suppression? I don't want to stack anything else on top yet, I want to let the medication work on its own.
What you're asking is quite narrow, while the underlying situation is more complicated...Why did you choose to stop tirzepatide?...Are you aware that during the 2 weeks following your last tirz dose, it was probably still active in your body and could have been helping to quiet the noise...Did you get the reta tested?...

I use both reta and tirz as split doses, and in my case tirz does a better job of keeping food noise down, so if that's the main thing you're after, what's the reason for changing?..
 
elepe said:

Only respond if 3mg is when your food noise and hunger finally started to ease. I'm looking for your personal stories and some hope :/ I switched over from mounjaro 3.75 weekly; during my mounjaro stretch the doses were .25mg / .5 / .5 / 1mg of reta, then I stopped that entirely and moved to 2mg of reta. The first 2 weeks were amazing, no food noise and no hunger, but last week and this week I've been dealing with cravings and hunger. This week I took 3mg on Friday and I've still been hungry with cravings, though eating does make them fade. Will this get better? Has anyone gone through something similar and then ended up with strong suppression? I don't want to stack anything else on top yet, I want to let the medication work on its own.

Absolutely — bumping Reta up means both the noise and the hunger go down.

If you've got weight to lose, a dose of .25mg-1mg won't do much at all.

Stacking Reta with additional GLP from Sema or Tirz is pretty standard in these parts too. I've gone up to 20mg/weekly of Reta alongside .25mg of Sema.

Hunger itself isn't terrible; the food noise is what gets irritating (and that's a different thing from hunger). You still need to eat, and eating isn't a problem. When you take a dose that actually works, Reta remains statistically the top weight loss peptide by a wide margin.
 
Even at 10mg, that never happened for me, and it still hasn't on the 6mg dose I use for maintenance.

woundcarping said:

elepe said:

Only respond if 3mg is when your food noise and hunger finally started to ease. I'm looking for your personal stories and some hope :/ I switched over from mounjaro 3.75 weekly; during my mounjaro stretch the doses were .25mg / .5 / .5 / 1mg of reta, then I stopped that entirely and moved to 2mg of reta. The first 2 weeks were amazing, no food noise and no hunger, but last week and this week I've been dealing with cravings and hunger. This week I took 3mg on Friday and I've still been hungry with cravings, though eating does make them fade. Will this get better? Has anyone gone through something similar and then ended up with strong suppression? I don't want to stack anything else on top yet, I want to let the medication work on its own.

Absolutely — bumping Reta up means both the noise and the hunger go down.

If you've got weight to lose, a dose of .25mg-1mg won't do much at all.

Stacking Reta with additional GLP from Sema or Tirz is pretty standard in these parts too. I've gone up to 20mg/weekly of Reta alongside .25mg of Sema.

Hunger itself isn't terrible; the food noise is what gets irritating (and that's a different thing from hunger). You still need to eat, and eating isn't a problem. When you take a dose that actually works, Reta remains statistically the top weight loss peptide by a wide margin.
That's accurate.
 
For me, reta has never fully silenced food noise, though my appetite is clearly reduced. Things seemed to improve once I hit about 6mg. I’m at 9mgs right now. That said, responses vary from person to person.
 
My partner just made this same change, so I’m curious about what others have gone through. At the start they saw positive results, then it seemed like things leveled off, though it hasn’t been very long and the doses remain fairly low.
 
i realize you're asking for input only from folks on 3mg, but i'll toss in my two cents anyway. i went through a pretty similar rough patch. my starting dose was .5mg reta, and honestly it was a total game fucking changer. fast forward 6 weeks and it quit on me. the food noise came right back. so i moved my dose up.

at 1mg, still no help. i hung around there for two weeks, bumped to 1.5mg, and got nothing either. as of now i've switched to 1.75 every 5 days rather than 7, and that seems to be working a whole lot better.
 
elepe said:

Only respond if 3mg is when your food noise and hunger finally started to ease. I'm looking for your personal stories and some hope :/ I switched over from mounjaro 3.75 weekly; during my mounjaro stretch the doses were .25mg / .5 / .5 / 1mg of reta, then I stopped that entirely and moved to 2mg of reta. The first 2 weeks were amazing, no food noise and no hunger, but last week and this week I've been dealing with cravings and hunger. This week I took 3mg on Friday and I've still been hungry with cravings, though eating does make them fade. Will this get better? Has anyone gone through something similar and then ended up with strong suppression? I don't want to stack anything else on top yet, I want to let the medication work on its own.
Feeling hungry and experiencing food noise aren't the same. For me, hunger still shows up now and then, yet the food noise has mostly disappeared. Once I begin a meal, I realize I'm filling up way quicker than I used to.

One more thing worth keeping in mind: the medication needs 4+ weeks before it fully saturates your system. So if you've only been on a dose for 2 weeks, there's no way to tell yet whether that dose works for you. I stayed at 2.0 mg for 6 weeks and only moved up when the weight loss stalled. After that I remained at 3.0 mg for 6 weeks, and right now I'm in my 4th week at 4.0 mg with no plans to go higher until my weight loss stalls again.

That said, everyone responds differently. My wife didn't notice Reta's effects until she reached 3.0mg. Keep in mind she has been and still is at 15.0mg of Tirz stacked with the Reta. She is currently on 4.0mg and the weight loss is finally starting to be consistent.
 
odd how the same effect can feel like a gift or a problem. for me, it has eased my anxiety 100%. it also lowered my urge to masturbate. but oddly enough, when i’m with my girl my sex drive is still through the roof.
 
betterathalo said:

odd how the same effect can feel like a gift or a problem. for me, it has eased my anxiety 100%. it also lowered my urge to masturbate. but oddly enough, when i’m with my girl my sex drive is still through the roof.
In my opinion, what you're describing sounds like what a heterosexual man would experience.
 
I agree with the others in this thread. What's the rush to move from tirz to reta? For many people, tirz does a much better job of keeping hunger in check. You have to give these meds time. It seems like you should pump the brakes. Has your heart rate gone up?
 
betterathalo said:

i realize you're asking for input only from folks on 3mg, but i'll toss in my two cents anyway. i went through a pretty similar rough patch. my starting dose was .5mg reta, and honestly it was a total game fucking changer. fast forward 6 weeks and it quit on me. the food noise came right back. so i moved my dose up.

at 1mg, still no help. i hung around there for two weeks, bumped to 1.5mg, and got nothing either. as of now i've switched to 1.75 every 5 days rather than 7, and that seems to be working a whole lot better.
You've already given yourself the answer. Bumping the dose by .25 accomplishes absolutely nothing.
 
BNLFL said:

betterathalo said:

i realize you're asking for input only from folks on 3mg, but i'll toss in my two cents anyway. i went through a pretty similar rough patch. my starting dose was .5mg reta, and honestly it was a total game fucking changer. fast forward 6 weeks and it quit on me. the food noise came right back. so i moved my dose up.

at 1mg, still no help. i hung around there for two weeks, bumped to 1.5mg, and got nothing either. as of now i've switched to 1.75 every 5 days rather than 7, and that seems to be working a whole lot better.
You've already given yourself the answer. Bumping the dose by .25 accomplishes absolutely nothing.
to be honest, i simply used up whatever remained in my vial, and i held off on opening the next one since a fresh batch is on its way that i want to try out. so my next pin will be 2mg. even so, today i'm feeling a lot better compared to yesterday.

i was wondering whether the fact that it was only 1 week at 1.5mg, plus this second dose, could work better? and also moving up to 1.75mg with dosing every 5 days rather than seven. i was hoping that doing all of it together would be a help.
 
Quick update: this week went smoother and I dropped 1lb. On Friday I took my 2nd 3mg injection. When I wrote that post, I was going through a rough stretch and freaked out. 😛
 
Back
Top