Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I was prescribed Omeprazole previously. Within several weeks, though, the dose I needed went down. Eventually, after a number of months, I quit it entirely. The reason someone takes it probably makes a difference. My doctor mentioned that stopping can trigger rebound acid production at first. In practice, I ended up taking it only as needed, plus Rennie chewable antacid tablets. These days it has been at least 3 months since I last used either (following a 60lb loss). Even so, when I did need them, tirz didn't make them any less effective.rodrom82 said:
Because of acid reflux problems, I take omeprazole.
Can I keep taking it? Also, might it help with the acid problems that Triz can cause?
Reta is what I take, and when needed I turn to Omeprazole or Pantoprazole (these were given to me for acid reflux stemming from a gastric sleeve operation done many years earlier).rodrom82 said:
Because of acid reflux problems, I take omeprazole.
Can I keep taking it? Also, might it help with the acid problems that Triz can cause?
They pair up quite nicely, in fact. Many folks get concerned about using specific acid-reflux medications over the long haul, but speaking from my own experience, the harm that reflux itself can inflict on your system is probably far greater than any long-term impact from omeprazole.rodrom82 said:
Because of acid reflux problems, I take omeprazole.
Can I keep taking it? Also, might it help with the acid problems that Triz can cause?
CranberryRocker said:
I was prescribed Omeprazole previously. Within several weeks, though, the dose I needed went down. Eventually, after a number of months, I quit it entirely. The reason someone takes it probably makes a difference. My doctor mentioned that stopping can trigger rebound acid production at first. In practice, I ended up taking it only as needed, plus Rennie chewable antacid tablets. These days it has been at least 3 months since I last used either (following a 60lb loss). Even so, when I did need them, tirz didn't make them any less effective.rodrom82 said:
Because of acid reflux problems, I take omeprazole.
Can I keep taking it? Also, might it help with the acid problems that Triz can cause?
Week 1 of TRiz for me.CranberryRocker said:
I was prescribed Omeprazole previously. Within several weeks, though, the dose I needed went down. Eventually, after a number of months, I quit it entirely. The reason someone takes it probably makes a difference. My doctor mentioned that stopping can trigger rebound acid production at first. In practice, I ended up taking it only as needed, plus Rennie chewable antacid tablets. These days it has been at least 3 months since I last used either (following a 60lb loss). Even so, when I did need them, tirz didn't make them any less effective.rodrom82 said:
Because of acid reflux problems, I take omeprazole.
Can I keep taking it? Also, might it help with the acid problems that Triz can cause?
Gr33dyOctopus said:
They pair up quite nicely, in fact. Many folks get concerned about using specific acid-reflux medications over the long haul, but speaking from my own experience, the harm that reflux itself can inflict on your system is probably far greater than any long-term impact from omeprazole.rodrom82 said:
Because of acid reflux problems, I take omeprazole.
Can I keep taking it? Also, might it help with the acid problems that Triz can cause?
Consider reducing how much you eat at each sitting — go with smaller servings. What I found was that even though I wasn't as hungry and felt full sooner, I kept piling my plate the same way I used to back when I was overweight. That's a habit that fades over time. Using smaller dishes helps, and so on.rodrom82 said:
Since acid reflux is something I deal with, omeprazole is part of my routine.
Can I keep taking it? And might it help offset some of the acid problems that come with Triz?
My meals have included salads, soups, Wey shakes, smoked fish, smoked chicken, Pearl couscous, light yogurt dressing, buratta, stragiatelly, cottage chease, 1 slice of full grain bread per day, and poke bowl with no mayo. I'm careful with seasoning, and everything is freshly prepared.
Fruits too, obviously, plus low fat greek yogurt that's high in Proteine, and granola that has no sugar and is gluten free.
I can't figure out what might be triggering the acid issues.
Iron gets depleted too, from what I've experienced. Don't ask me how I found that out, hahaturlian said:
My gastroenterologist prescribed omeprazole for me, and she's aware that I've been on Semaglutide too. The sole issue she raised was whether I'd get sufficient B12.
There do appear to be certain risks that emerge over a longer horizon. As Gemini AI puts it:wheymaster1 said:
When I began tirz a year ago, I took esomeprazole, but after 1 month I quit since I no longer needed it. My reflux disappeared. Yours will disappear too. You’ll figure out how to consume smaller portions and choose foods that are kinder to the stomach (less fats, and heavy sauces ). Even so, there’s no danger in continuing omeprazole long term.
In my first 12 months of GLP-1 treatment on Victoza, a big bottle of Sriracha would last me about 3 months, and I added cayenne pepper since the heat wasn't strong enough. A bottle of Tabasco was gone within 14 days, so I quit using it...Skidude said:
Omeprazole has been part of my routine for years.
A couple of times I tried to stop, but the acid returned, so my Doc advised me to keep taking it.
Because food lingers longer in the digestive tract with GLP1s, acid reflux tends to show up as a common side effect.
Like others here, I'd say that when your diet is restricted, you have to keep an eye on all Vit/Nutrients and add supplements to match.
I wish I could quit.. But spicy food is my weakness, and Thai peppers, Serrano peppers, and Jalapenos give me low calorie plus high VitC.
A nice Salad with avocado and fresh salsa is worth trying- only good fat, low cal, and tasty.. but I need my Prilosec or I'll regret it![]()