Odd Question: Is Anyone Else Dealing With More Frequent Colds While on Tirz or Reta?

Thee Oohwee

Explorer
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone. This is my first time posting beyond my Intro, and it's a lengthy one, so get ready, buttercups.

I'm among those unlucky people who, after getting bronchitis as a kid in the Ohio Valley, end up with it at least 1 time every year, usually triggered by shifts in the weather or bad allergies. Normally it's nothing major - I'll feel off for a few days, have brain fog, way too much mucus, an irritating cough, etc. you know how it goes. It clears up on its own in roughly a week.

When I began Tirz in October of last year, I had just recovered from a chest cold. About a month in, that chest cold returned. And every time I'd get over it, it would come back within 5 or 6 days. For the first time ever, I was dealing with chronic bronchitis. All together it lasted 6 weeks. I was absolutely miserable.

I kept in regular touch with my doctor's office, going in often to rule out pneumonia, etc. I also had a concern that it might be tied in some way to the Zepbound (insurance was covering it at that point). They told me it was simply a bad relapse cycle in my body and that I'd eventually get past it. And I did.

Then, about 3 weeks ago, I started Reta. Right now I'm pinning 4mg Reta on Friday, then 7.5mg Tirz on Monday, with plans to titrate Reta up while either keeping Tirz the same or lowering it to 5-6mg. Anyway, roughly a week and a half after my first Reta pin, I came down with a chest cold. It might just be a coincidence - SoCal weather is wildly unpredictable and there's a ton of pollen and smog in the air.

I was just curious whether anyone else has experienced similar reactions with any of the GLP1 peps?
 
If your immune system was already weakened going in (mine certainly was, following sepsis), then shedding pounds along with possibly reduced nutrient intake might well contribute to recurring bouts.

Because of immune problems, I take a daily lineup of supplements: a multivitamin, magnesium glicinate, B vitamins and D.

RS also went through a cycle of Thymosin Alpha 1, MOTS-c and NAD+, and that combination appeared to boost energy and an overall sense of wellness quite a bit.

Early in my GLP journey I picked up 1 nasty virus, and nothing since adding the research stack and staying consistent with the supplements.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

If your immune system was already weakened going in (mine certainly was, following sepsis), then shedding pounds along with possibly reduced nutrient intake might well contribute to recurring bouts.

Because of immune problems, I take a daily lineup of supplements: a multivitamin, magnesium glicinate, B vitamins and D.

RS also went through a cycle of Thymosin Alpha 1, MOTS-c and NAD+, and that combination appeared to boost energy and an overall sense of wellness quite a bit.

Early in my GLP journey I picked up 1 nasty virus, and nothing since adding the research stack and staying consistent with the supplements.
I appreciate you passing this along. You're right—my immune system is compromised. Since it usually behaves, I tend to overlook that. And it completely slipped my mind that eating in a caloric deficit also shifts my nutrition. I've begun taking a men's daily multivitamin, and I'm back to calcium plus vitamin D every day. That stack sounds very appealing to me. I've been seeing a ton about the SS-31, Mots-C, and NAD+ cycle. I'm tempted to try it…
 
Yesterday, I had a conversation with my Son. Looking back at the past 10 months on Tirz, I haven't been ill at all. Apart from a few stomach issues probably triggered by my dosing experiments.
 
Today marks 1 year since I started terz. During that whole stretch, I haven't come down with anything. 🤔
 
Last year my doctor showed some mild worry over my cholesterol numbers, though blood work I had done roughly 3 weeks back came out fine. Not a single cold, nothing at all. One strange detail: my left thumb hurt badly enough that gripping a glass, a can, anything like that was difficult. I assumed it was arthritis, yet these days it has nearly vanished. All of this while on Reta.
 
Honestly, my experience has been the reverse. Every cold and flu season used to bring me down at least 4-5 times. After starting tirz, I haven’t come down with anything at all.
 
Getting sick isn't really a frequent thing for me. Honestly, since starting tirzepatide, I've actually had fewer illnesses. The main reason is probably that my health in general is far improved compared to when I carried a lot more weight.

Glutathione seems to play a significant role for me as well. There have been times I'd wake up sensing a sickness might be starting, then I'd take a shot of glutathione and within an hour I'm fine.
 
TacoLifter420 said:

Getting sick isn't really a frequent thing for me. Honestly, since starting tirzepatide, I've actually had fewer illnesses. The main reason is probably that my health in general is far improved compared to when I carried a lot more weight.

Glutathione seems to play a significant role for me as well. There have been times I'd wake up sensing a sickness might be starting, then I'd take a shot of glutathione and within an hour I'm fine.
What's your daily glutathione dosage in mg?
 
SolidChick said:

TacoLifter420 said:

Getting sick isn't really a frequent thing for me. Honestly, since starting tirzepatide, I've actually had fewer illnesses. The main reason is probably that my health in general is far improved compared to when I carried a lot more weight.

Glutathione seems to play a significant role for me as well. There have been times I'd wake up sensing a sickness might be starting, then I'd take a shot of glutathione and within an hour I'm fine.
What's your daily glutathione dosage in mg?
My routine is 200mg on alternating days. If it happens to be a day off and I sense an illness starting, I'll take an additional 200mg.
 
I can't really say much yet since I haven't used it for very long. Still, I haven't caught any colds or gotten sick since I began. That said, I'm interested to find out what happens as time goes on.
 
chewonmysac said:

The Tirz nose drip happens to me. That's my sign it's doing its job.

7e662f1d6d5d34072fa22da9c935cda34782937975170a81c3537c85ad1dabe3.gif
 
This might not be tied to the medication at all. Less food intake or weight loss on its own can influence how the immune system works, and any combination of those factors could play a role. Then again, it may simply be chance — occasionally you pick up more viruses, or ones that stick with you longer. The studies did not point to this being a concern, and I have not come across other users reporting it, so it is unlikely to be widespread. My best guess would lean toward coincidence or poor luck, but during winter, vitamin D seems sensible, and a multivitamin makes sense too if your diet is not rich in nutritious foods.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting beyond my Intro, and it's a lengthy one, so get ready, buttercups.

I'm among those unlucky people who, after getting bronchitis as a kid in the Ohio Valley, end up with it at least 1 time every year, usually triggered by shifts in the weather or bad allergies. Normally it's nothing major - I'll feel off for a few days, have brain fog, way too much mucus, an irritating cough, etc. you know how it goes. It clears up on its own in roughly a week.

When I began Tirz in October of last year, I had just recovered from a chest cold. About a month in, that chest cold returned. And every time I'd get over it, it would come back within 5 or 6 days. For the first time ever, I was dealing with chronic bronchitis. All together it lasted 6 weeks. I was absolutely miserable.

I kept in regular touch with my doctor's office, going in often to rule out pneumonia, etc. I also had a concern that it might be tied in some way to the Zepbound (insurance was covering it at that point). They told me it was simply a bad relapse cycle in my body and that I'd eventually get past it. And I did.

Then, about 3 weeks ago, I started Reta. Right now I'm pinning 4mg Reta on Friday, then 7.5mg Tirz on Monday, with plans to titrate Reta up while either keeping Tirz the same or lowering it to 5-6mg. Anyway, roughly a week and a half after my first Reta pin, I came down with a chest cold. It might just be a coincidence - SoCal weather is wildly unpredictable and there's a ton of pollen and smog in the air.

I was just curious whether anyone else has experienced similar reactions with any of the GLP1 peps?
Has TA-1 or thymulin been something you've given a shot?
 
I haven’t had any colds, actually fewer than usual. But I’m constantly cold, literally freezing, and I get chills at night too before I fall asleep.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Thee Oohwee said:

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting beyond my Intro, and it's a lengthy one, so get ready, buttercups.

I'm among those unlucky people who, after getting bronchitis as a kid in the Ohio Valley, end up with it at least 1 time every year, usually triggered by shifts in the weather or bad allergies. Normally it's nothing major - I'll feel off for a few days, have brain fog, way too much mucus, an irritating cough, etc. you know how it goes. It clears up on its own in roughly a week.

When I began Tirz in October of last year, I had just recovered from a chest cold. About a month in, that chest cold returned. And every time I'd get over it, it would come back within 5 or 6 days. For the first time ever, I was dealing with chronic bronchitis. All together it lasted 6 weeks. I was absolutely miserable.

I kept in regular touch with my doctor's office, going in often to rule out pneumonia, etc. I also had a concern that it might be tied in some way to the Zepbound (insurance was covering it at that point). They told me it was simply a bad relapse cycle in my body and that I'd eventually get past it. And I did.

Then, about 3 weeks ago, I started Reta. Right now I'm pinning 4mg Reta on Friday, then 7.5mg Tirz on Monday, with plans to titrate Reta up while either keeping Tirz the same or lowering it to 5-6mg. Anyway, roughly a week and a half after my first Reta pin, I came down with a chest cold. It might just be a coincidence - SoCal weather is wildly unpredictable and there's a ton of pollen and smog in the air.

I was just curious whether anyone else has experienced similar reactions with any of the GLP1 peps?
Has TA-1 or thymulin been something you've given a shot?
Nope, that hasn't happened to me. I'll check those out.
 
DazDillinger said:

I haven’t had any colds, actually fewer than usual. But I’m constantly cold, literally freezing, and I get chills at night too before I fall asleep.
Same here! Still, I’m glad to accept the deal of being more prone to chills. Before, I’d be walking around with sweat just dripping down my face and scalp. Honestly, it was kind of embarrassing. That no longer occurs unless I’m working out, and even then it’s less intense.
 
Right now I'm getting over my first sinus infection in 2 years. Honestly, I believe my immune system has gotten much better, thanks to Tirz.
 
Back
Top