I've been using reta for 17 months now, and I've lost 125lbs. Based on the charts, I'm in the overweight category and would need to drop 5 more lbs to reach the normal range. But this week, they shifted the criteria. The updated guideline says BMI is just one factor in the assessment;
1. normal weight: BMI 18.5- <25
2. Overweight: BMI 25 - <30 and a waist to height (inches) of <0.5
3. Obese: BMI >30 or BMI 25 - <30 with WHtR <0.5 and any other medical condition such as hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, Lung disease, kidney disease, heart disease and depression.
My BMI is 25.2, WHtR = .21, and I have hypertension. I went from being slightly overweight to obese again. So sad.
1. normal weight: BMI 18.5- <25
2. Overweight: BMI 25 - <30 and a waist to height (inches) of <0.5
3. Obese: BMI >30 or BMI 25 - <30 with WHtR <0.5 and any other medical condition such as hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, Lung disease, kidney disease, heart disease and depression.
My BMI is 25.2, WHtR = .21, and I have hypertension. I went from being slightly overweight to obese again. So sad.