NYT piece on a telehealth company

onewalker

Explorer
Joined
Feb 1, 2026
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
Sweden
Has anyone gone through it? Because of my lowly standing here, I can't share a link or even hint at it in a roundabout way, but this business has been around for under 2 years and brings in 3 million USD daily. It's operated by a single man along with his sibling.
 
Found it...the piece without the NYT paywall



14d3657cfd3da5ed9d31ee5c07ccc789e4f5ac9faabcd3ea7a018416d5546124.png




MEDVi caught the eye of the New York Times - and the FDA had already sent its warning to the firm calling itself the fastest growing company in history. - Drug Discovery and Development



Drug Discovery and Development reports on the strategy and technology behind pharma research, development and drug formulation.

98810a47f8a23123a452184a04452035e635cdb48564906f281c9acc190bc0df.webp



www.drugdiscoverytrends.com
 
Is there anyone outside pharma and the regulators who actually cares? Speaking as somebody buying on the grey market, I know I don't. And who even knows what goes into the supplements people pick up on amazon.
 
Which aspect caught your attention? Was it the fraudulent AI physician/advertising angle, or the bit about them seemingly raking in huge profits as the consumer-facing intermediary—drawing in the patient, sending them over to prescribers, and setting up access to medication that they neither manufacture nor sell on their own?

And if they're relying on fake doctors in their promotional materials, that raises a question: are the 24/7 support physicians actual people, or just a sophisticated AI agent?
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

Found it...the piece without the NYT paywall



View attachment 10630



MEDVi caught the eye of the New York Times - and the FDA had already sent its warning to the firm calling itself the fastest growing company in history. - Drug Discovery and Development



Drug Discovery and Development reports on the strategy and technology behind pharma research, development and drug formulation.

View attachment 10631


www.drugdiscoverytrends.com
I appreciate that you shared this outstanding piece without a paywall. What the article described matched what I went through personally with that same company. After seeing an ad on Facebook, I signed up with Medvi, a telehealth service, and paid $499/month for my first 4 months of compounded Tirzepatide, until I moved to DIY compounding. As a healthcare provider myself, it became clear to me that the people I dealt with at the CareValidate Telehealth platform had neither medical training nor licensing. They did not know about GLP-2 tutorial material that is easily found online in other places. Replies to my questions typically arrived by email as simple copy-and-paste restatements of what I had sent, probably produced by AI. Each month, following our scheduled phone consultations, one of the D.O. physicians mentioned in the article issued my telehealth prescriptions. Wanting to get the most out of what I spent, I downplayed my side effects so that my dose increases would stay on the fastest possible schedule. I feel fortunate that my health held up, that I located a grey market seller of lypholized vials, and that I ultimately ended up here. Many thanks to our Gonkulator, Moderators, and Specialists, and to all the contributors who have been so generous in sharing their views and experiences.
 

Attachments

  • 14d3657cfd3da5ed9d31ee5c07ccc789e4f5ac9faabcd3ea7a018416d5546124.png
    14d3657cfd3da5ed9d31ee5c07ccc789e4f5ac9faabcd3ea7a018416d5546124.png
    628.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 98810a47f8a23123a452184a04452035e635cdb48564906f281c9acc190bc0df.webp
    98810a47f8a23123a452184a04452035e635cdb48564906f281c9acc190bc0df.webp
    206 bytes · Views: 3
I looked at MedVi’s site earlier today. On the weight loss page that is fraudulent, there is still an image showing a round pill labeled NOVO beside a square bottle labeled “WEGOVY [semaglutide] Rx only.” The fact that MedVi so openly ignores Novo Nordisk‘s intellectual property makes me think the FDA may only care about shielding pharmaceutical companies based in the US.
 
Back
Top