Skidude said:
moodymama76 said:
About 20 years back, I recall reading a piece discussing the problem of what to do with the whey left over from making yogurt.
And now we're facing a whey shortage? Indeed, it's gotten to where I'll just purchase actual food instead. I enjoyed how easy protein drinks were, but with what they cost now, they can hold onto them. More left for the rest of you
I don't have these daily, but Sam's sells them for a little over $2 apiece, and I look at it as covering both my protein and my milk. On top of that, they've got extra vitamins and minerals added, which is a nice plus.
View attachment 11441
It's frustrating how every new food fad jacks up the price of stuff that used to be affordable...
Keto/Atkins wiped out any savings on Wings
and skirt steak, man, that used to be so cheap, and now it's trendy enough that half the time it's pricier than other steaks.
I stick to eggs and chicken breast for my protein, though I'm not bulking; I really feel for the body builders who have to shell out today's meat prices just to get their 200 grams+ a day