Now Y'all Have Messed Up Protein Powder

Brb, gotta panic buy and stockpile lol

89f44f68f24476db2b2eb797142113044a33f2495039af1fe8e77ff2e813526a.gif


Joking aside, I came across something saying airlines were (that is, before prices shot back up) raking in bigger profits from spending less on fuel, since a lot of Americans dropped weight with GLPs.
 
unclebuff702 said:

Brb, gotta panic buy and stockpile lol

View attachment 11438

Joking aside, I came across something saying airlines were (that is, before prices shot back up) raking in bigger profits from spending less on fuel, since a lot of Americans dropped weight with GLPs.

AllCourtTENNIS said:

I'm going to put in an order for 25lb right away so that this shortage never catches me off guard.
Hold on, hold on — everybody just stay calm and MOVE ASIDE SO I CAN STOCKPILE IN A FRENZY!
 

Attachments

  • 89f44f68f24476db2b2eb797142113044a33f2495039af1fe8e77ff2e813526a.gif
    89f44f68f24476db2b2eb797142113044a33f2495039af1fe8e77ff2e813526a.gif
    324.3 KB · Views: 8
Yep, guess it's time to swing by Costco for that giant welfare-size bag of protein...actually, better make it 2 welfare bags of protein.
 
Whey protein is old news — I hit up 3 different shops today, Costco among them, and cottage cheese was completely wiped out everywhere. Apparently cottage cheese is "having a moment" thanks to the GLP-driven push for protein. Not my cottage cheese!!!! Noooooooooo
 
I figure there are other factors at play too — fewer farmers around, less farmland, fewer cattle, ha. Farmers are up against a lot these days: government, data centres, the economy, international trade problems, fertilizer availability, screw worms, and so on. And if the media wants to point the finger at glp, then sure, that's probably playing a part as well.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Yep, guess it's time to swing by Costco for that giant welfare-size bag of protein...actually, better make it 2 welfare bags of protein.
Honestly, I might actually need to hoard some Premier Protein ready-to-drink shakes. Those are the only brand I can stand mixed into my iced coffee, and the hot season here in SoCal hasn't even properly started!
 
spanky2026 said:

Whey protein is old news — I hit up 3 different shops today, Costco among them, and cottage cheese was completely wiped out everywhere. Apparently cottage cheese is "having a moment" thanks to the GLP-driven push for protein. Not my cottage cheese!!!! Noooooooooo

Ugh. Cottage cheese was the first thing they took over. So what comes after this? Could it be my plain Greek yogurt with 2% fat?
 
ThatNextGril said:

Mr. Blonde said:

Yep, guess it's time to swing by Costco for that giant welfare-size bag of protein...actually, better make it 2 welfare bags of protein.
Honestly, I might actually need to hoard some Premier Protein ready-to-drink shakes. Those are the only brand I can stand mixed into my iced coffee, and the hot season here in SoCal hasn't even properly started!
Take a look at Dpsnutrition.net

They carry a huge range of supplements — protein, creatine, vitamins, that sort of thing — and there are constantly deals running.

Roughly 90% of my protein powders, vitamins, eaas, and similar items come from there
 
ThatNextGril said:

spanky2026 said:

Whey protein is old news — I hit up 3 different shops today, Costco among them, and cottage cheese was completely wiped out everywhere. Apparently cottage cheese is "having a moment" thanks to the GLP-driven push for protein. Not my cottage cheese!!!! Noooooooooo

Ugh. Cottage cheese was the first thing they took over. So what comes after this? Could it be my plain Greek yogurt with 2% fat?

Nope, nope, nope — I did NOT just find out my go-to Icelandic... WHAT?! screwworm in cattle? They're coming after my protein. Gotta lock my protein down. It's mine, all MINE, and nobody else is getting it!

321d9516413ece7e6e6bf3214a2d90c3ef40e2da8e267733a27827a82243011b.webp
 
sheilarae74 said:

Will protein powder group buys start popping up now? 🤣
I mean…in one of my groups, I actually saw a buy for extra virgin olive oil. 😂
 
spanky2026 said:

Whey protein is old news — I hit up 3 different shops today, Costco among them, and cottage cheese was completely wiped out everywhere. Apparently cottage cheese is "having a moment" thanks to the GLP-driven push for protein. Not my cottage cheese!!!! Noooooooooo
No worries, you're welcome to take my servings.🤢
 
Earlier this year, supermarkets in Australia went months with low fat high protein yoghurt and cottage cheese missing from shelves. The cause seemed tied to TikTok clips where people made a cheesecake-like thing by putting biscuits into it.
 
spanky2026 said:

Whey protein is old news — I hit up 3 different shops today, Costco among them, and cottage cheese was completely wiped out everywhere. Apparently cottage cheese is "having a moment" thanks to the GLP-driven push for protein. Not my cottage cheese!!!! Noooooooooo
Cut it out! Across two separate Costco runs I picked up a container of cottage cheese, and later I noticed the identical size being sold at two grocery stores as well. The huge format has reached those places now too.

For me it goes into the dogs' bowls. Someone who lifts would gladly make a meal of it 🤣 the mix tends to be rice, meat, fish, sardines, eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt in some combination
 
5byfive said:

@Grogu and those protein Doritos of theirs? That was the final straw. Nice things are impossible around here.

Whey protein shortage looms as use of weight-loss drugs fuels global demand

Honestly, the sheer scale of what GLPs are shaking up everywhere is kind of insane. Everyone's talking about AI, but GLPs are delivering real-world effects on a comparable level.
Instead, grab a huge carton of eggs. At Costco I pick up 2 packs of 60.

Costco carries solid, clean protein options as well. No artificial sweeteners, no artificial colors, no fillers for me. My preference is roughly 3-4 ingredients: whey, stevia, and whatever the flavor is.

A month back, Costco had 4lbs of Ascent marked down to $38. Levels protein is another one that regularly gets discounted there. TikTok is a good place to catch Levels at strong prices too. Transparent Labs remains the top choice, though it costs more.

Supply of the quality stuff doesn't look broken to me. It's the processed food that's tricking people into believing the junk they've eaten for years is suddenly good for them.
 
There's a sale going on over at muscleandstrength as well. Take a careful look and you'll see they're running 2 for x price deals on the BSN Syntha 6 & Edge options, plus the Allmax + others

​#-
 
GimmePep said:

5byfive said:

@Grogu and those protein Doritos of theirs? That was the final straw. Nice things are impossible around here.

Whey protein shortage looms as use of weight-loss drugs fuels global demand

Honestly, the sheer scale of what GLPs are shaking up everywhere is kind of insane. Everyone's talking about AI, but GLPs are delivering real-world effects on a comparable level.
Instead, grab a huge carton of eggs. At Costco I pick up 2 packs of 60.

Costco carries solid, clean protein options as well. No artificial sweeteners, no artificial colors, no fillers for me. My preference is roughly 3-4 ingredients: whey, stevia, and whatever the flavor is.

A month back, Costco had 4lbs of Ascent marked down to $38. Levels protein is another one that regularly gets discounted there. TikTok is a good place to catch Levels at strong prices too. Transparent Labs remains the top choice, though it costs more.

Supply of the quality stuff doesn't look broken to me. It's the processed food that's tricking people into believing the junk they've eaten for years is suddenly good for them.
Yesterday at Costco, I'm pretty sure the Ascent set me back $60 🙄😬
 
Back
Top