No progress for 3 months

In my own experience handling side effects, what helped at the start was taking the new weekly dose and dividing it into 2, spaced evenly across the week. From what I've seen, this lowers how high those peaks get, and those peaks are essentially what causes the side effects for me.
 
Sasquatch said:

DomTirz said:

Hi everyone, I started Tirz in august 2025 and have dropped 42 pounds so far (male, 53 years old, SW 230, CW 186, GW 175). Right now I'm on 8mg Tirz plus 2mg survo, and I work out 3-4 times weekly (weights and cardio). Since april I haven't moved, and even though I'm near my GW it's proving really tough to get there. Any advice would be welcome.
Speaking as a RS who's on 20mg each week and had been stuck indefinitely:

Give your calorie consumption a hard look. Your system adjusts, and it does so quite effectively. I dropped 60lbs. until I hit the point where my calories were balanced. At first the weight came off with almost no effort, and then it stopped.

The phrase wasn't mine originally: "you can't work out of a bad diet." I don't do workouts. I pick up a shovel, a rake, or a chainsaw instead. Either way, go over your intake again and again. After that, try cutting down your portions to see what happens. That's what did it for me.
I'll certainly keep that in mind. That said, I did drop 3.5 lbs over the last week — maybe it's from moving up to 9mg, the 2mg survo, plus working out and watching what I eat. Weekends are always tough (dinner and wine, but we've still got to enjoy life lol)
 
Grogu said:


Keep in mind that the final pounds approaching goal weight are biologically more difficult to lose. It's not a matter of will power or working out, it's physiological. Our bodies are amazing things that we know a lot about, but not everything.

The biggest factors I would think are metabolic adaptation and leptin decline. Both of these are factors that would try to preserve fat mass. Probably from our hunter/gatherer days, when fat protected us in times of famine.

You might consider more protein and continuing with your resistance training. Those are usually good ways to "convince" your body your not starving to death. Some people say diet breaks or refeeds are helpful. If you're not familiar, that's when you eat at maintenance calories for a couple of weeks.

If looking for a peptide assist, you might consider adding an amylin agonist (i.e., cagri or elora) as those work on different pathways and in rat studies showed that adding elora adjunctively resulted in continued weight loss.

Good luck! I'm in the same exact spot. 8 more pounds to go 😡

Click to expand...
That's really helpful, thanks. 👍 I'm in a pretty similar situation — roughly 5 or 6 lbs away from my target.
 
Grogu said:


Keep in mind that the final pounds approaching goal weight are biologically more difficult to lose. It's not a matter of will power or working out, it's physiological. Our bodies are amazing things that we know a lot about, but not everything.

Good luck! I'm in the same exact spot. 8 more pounds to go 😡

Click to expand...
That's my situation too — 5lbs left. Before, I was dropping about 1.5-2lbs each week. These days it's only 0.2lbs, and this week I gained .2. Strange. This is Reta.
 
Back
Top