No progress for 3 months

DomTirz

Explorer
Joined
Dec 10, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Hi everyone, I started Tirz in august 2025 and have dropped 42 pounds so far (male, 53 years old, SW 230, CW 186, GW 175). Right now I'm on 8mg Tirz plus 2mg survo, and I work out 3-4 times weekly (weights and cardio). Since april I haven't moved, and even though I'm near my GW it's proving really tough to get there. Any advice would be welcome.
 
How long have you been on 8mg, and what are your side effects like? Why introduce survo rather than simply raising the tirz? If you can handle it, the most straightforward option is to bump up your dose.
 
fatjacked said:

How long have you been on 8mg, and what are your side effects like? Why introduce survo rather than simply raising the tirz? If you can handle it, the most straightforward option is to bump up your dose.
I appreciate it — I've been at 8mg since December and haven't had any side effects. When I gave 10mg a shot, it was too intense, so I dropped back down to 7.5-8mg. The reason I introduced survo was to target the glucagon component.
 
DomTirz said:

Hi everyone, I started Tirz in august 2025 and have dropped 42 pounds so far (male, 53 years old, SW 230, CW 186, GW 175). Right now I'm on 8mg Tirz plus 2mg survo, and I work out 3-4 times weekly (weights and cardio). Since april I haven't moved, and even though I'm near my GW it's proving really tough to get there. Any advice would be welcome.
Here's the approach I took once I hit a plateau — it worked in my case. I'm not familiar with what survo does. My routine: at 05:00 AM I inject a 350mcg Ipa+CJC-1295 No Dac stack (I start work at 05:30 A.M.), then I don't consume anything until 12:00 A.M. Hunger shows up somewhere between 09 and 10:00 AM, and I simply push through it. Eventually it fades. During that window the stack begins drawing energy from the last few pounds of belly fat I have left, which supports the muscles. I'm still dropping weight gradually while on a maintenance dose of 2mg/week Tirz plus the 350mcg ipa+cjc stack taken daily.

Previously I had been dividing the stack into 2 injections and eating small meals on a regular schedule. At some point all progress came to a halt. I didn't raise the dose, though — I only altered my habits.
 
There's still lots of headroom to raise your tirz. If 10 was too strong, go with 9. A plateau lasting that long is a clear sign you should bump the dose.
 
DomTirz said:

Hi everyone, I started Tirz in august 2025 and have dropped 42 pounds so far (male, 53 years old, SW 230, CW 186, GW 175). Right now I'm on 8mg Tirz plus 2mg survo, and I work out 3-4 times weekly (weights and cardio). Since april I haven't moved, and even though I'm near my GW it's proving really tough to get there. Any advice would be welcome.

Something worth remembering: the last stretch of pounds as you close in on your goal is harder to shed for biological reasons. This isn't about discipline or hitting the gym — it's how the body works. Human physiology is remarkable, and while our knowledge is extensive, it isn't complete.

If I had to name the main culprits, I'd point to metabolic adaptation along with falling leptin levels. Each of those pushes the body toward holding onto stored fat. Likely a leftover from hunter/gatherer times, when carrying fat got us through periods of famine.

One option is bumping up protein while sticking with your resistance training. That combination tends to be an effective way to "convince" your body you're not starving to death. Diet breaks or refeeds get mentioned by some as helpful too. In case that's new to you, it means eating at maintenance calories for a couple of weeks.

If you want a peptide to help things along, an amylin agonist (i.e., cagri or elora) could be worth adding, since those act on different pathways, and in rat studies, elora used adjunctively led to continued weight loss.

Good luck! I'm in the same exact spot. 8 more pounds to go 😡
 
Grogu said:


Keep in mind that the final pounds approaching goal weight are biologically more difficult to lose. It's not a matter of will power or working out, it's physiological. Our bodies are amazing things that we know a lot about, but not everything.

The biggest factors I would think are metabolic adaptation and leptin decline. Both of these are factors that would try to preserve fat mass. Probably from our hunter/gatherer days, when fat protected us in times of famine.

You might consider more protein and continuing with your resistance training. Those are usually good ways to "convince" your body your not starving to death. Some people say diet breaks or refeeds are helpful. If you're not familiar, that's when you eat at maintenance calories for a couple of weeks.

If looking for a peptide assist, you might consider adding an amylin agonist (i.e., cagri or elora) as those work on different pathways and in rat studies showed that adding elora adjunctively resulted in continued weight loss.

Good luck! I'm in the same exact spot. 8 more pounds to go 😡

Click to expand...
Appreciate it, Groku — Cagri is going in the mix.
 
DomTirz said:


Thanks Groku, will add Cagri

Click to expand...

Best of luck! With Cagri, a small amount is plenty, so begin with a low dose and increase gradually. I began at .5mg and in hindsight should have begun at .25mg. I’m in week 6 and remain at .5mg.
 
Grogu said:


Good luck! When adding Cagri a little goes a long ways, so you want to start low and slow. I started at .5mg and probably should have started at .25mg. I’m on week 6 and still at .5mg.

Click to expand...
Thanks, I truly value your advice as this will be my first time
 
Whenever a stall has hit me on Tirz, my approach has been to bump the dose by 2,5, and this typically comes after 8 weeks at the same level. That pattern holds most often with the lower doses, while at higher ones like 8+ I stretch the interval out longer. Right now I'm on 10 and plan to stay there for as long as I can before moving up to 12,5. Weighing myself every other day is something I've quit doing, since things are all over the place at the moment, but with muscle being built, holding steady at my current weight rather than adding pounds counts as a win. Only a small amount remains before I reach my GW. I hope my journey helps yours in some way.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

Whenever a stall has hit me on Tirz, my approach has been to bump the dose by 2,5, and this typically comes after 8 weeks at the same level. That pattern holds most often with the lower doses, while at higher ones like 8+ I stretch the interval out longer. Right now I'm on 10 and plan to stay there for as long as I can before moving up to 12,5. Weighing myself every other day is something I've quit doing, since things are all over the place at the moment, but with muscle being built, holding steady at my current weight rather than adding pounds counts as a win. Only a small amount remains before I reach my GW. I hope my journey helps yours in some way.

Overall, this is solid guidance. A lot of folks hit a plateau before they ever reach the maximum doses the FDA has approved, and moving the dose upward is often the most reliable way through that plateau. That said, the OP mentioned that 10mg brought on side effects that were uncomfortable. We don't know how much time has passed since they pinned that 10mg, but giving it another shot is likely worth considering.
 
Grogu said:


This is generally very good advice. So many people are stalling at less than max FDA approved doses and the most effective way to get past the stall can be to titrate up the dose. But the OP said that when going up to 10mg they had uncomfortable side effects. It’s unclear how long ago they pinned 10mg, but it’s probably worth trying again.

Click to expand...
At 10 mg I did experience an irritating side effect that hadn't shown up at lower doses: diarrhea. It hit precisely 2 days after the injection. The first episode was quite severe and lasted 2-3 days; with the 2nd dose it was milder, and by now it has faded completely. My guess is that it will return once I raise the dose to 12.5, though at least this time I'll know what to expect. Besides, nothing forces me to jump straight to 12.5 — a gradual increase is an option.
 
Grogu said:


This is generally very good advice. So many people are stalling at less than max FDA approved doses and the most effective way to get past the stall can be to titrate up the dose. But the OP said that when going up to 10mg they had uncomfortable side effects. It’s unclear how long ago they pinned 10mg, but it’s probably worth trying again.

Click to expand...

That matches my view too. As a weight loss agent, cagri doesn't bring that much power, and my guess is you'd get further early on by pushing the tirz dose upward first, all the way to 15mg/week.

Having had side effects at 10mg previously shouldn't stop you from giving it another go. There's a solid chance your system has adapted to tirz by now, so even 15 should treat you fine. That's my own approach too: 15mg tirz plus 2.5mg survo each 5-6days. The results for me have been amazing.

The survo part exists because reta gave me pronounced itching and a rash, so I switched over to survo, which suits me well. Tirz remains my core tool for keeping appetite in check. The survo mainly targets visceral fat, which is clearly the harder kind to shift.

So I'd delay cagri, at minimum until you've attempted raising tirz again. It isn't very potent, and with tirz pricing the way it is, it isn't cost efficient either. At least that's my route, and it's working very well.
 
Devilseye said:


I would agree with this. Cagri is not that potent a weight loss tool and I think you’ll have more initial success by titrating up the tirz first going up to 15mg/week.

The fact you had side effects before at 10mg shouldnt deter you from trying again. Good chance your body is more used to tirz now and youll be fine even at 15. Thats what i am doing as well: 15mg tirz and 2.5mg survo every 5-6days. Its done wonders for me.

The survo component is because i developped significant itching on reta and had a rash so i substituted for survo which works fine. My mainstay for appetite control is still tirz. The survo is more for visceral fat loss which is notably tougher to get rid off.

I would hold off on cagri then at least before trying to increase tirz again. Its not that potent and not cost efficient either given tirz pricing. At least thats what im doing and it works great.

Click to expand...
Appreciate it
 
DomTirz said:

Hi everyone, I started Tirz in august 2025 and have dropped 42 pounds so far (male, 53 years old, SW 230, CW 186, GW 175). Right now I'm on 8mg Tirz plus 2mg survo, and I work out 3-4 times weekly (weights and cardio). Since april I haven't moved, and even though I'm near my GW it's proving really tough to get there. Any advice would be welcome.
Speaking as a RS who's on 20mg each week and had been stuck indefinitely:

Give your calorie consumption a hard look. Your system adjusts, and it does so quite effectively. I dropped 60lbs. until I hit the point where my calories were balanced. At first the weight came off with almost no effort, and then it stopped.

The phrase wasn't mine originally: "you can't work out of a bad diet." I don't do workouts. I pick up a shovel, a rake, or a chainsaw instead. Either way, go over your intake again and again. After that, try cutting down your portions to see what happens. That's what did it for me.
 
Devilseye said:


I would hold off on cagri then at least before trying to increase tirz again. Its not that potent and not cost efficient either given tirz pricing. At least thats what im doing and it works great.

Click to expand...

I'm with you on this. Before bringing cagri into the mix, OP really ought to push the tirz dose higher.

That said, I don't know which cagri you're using, but the one I have is both strong and inexpensive. Mine work out to roughly $12 per vial at 10mg. There's no scenario where I'd go through that much in a single month. Honestly, I'd probably sleep straight through the whole month 😂 or go days without eating anything...
 
Sasquatch said:

DomTirz said:

Hi everyone, I started Tirz in august 2025 and have dropped 42 pounds so far (male, 53 years old, SW 230, CW 186, GW 175). Right now I'm on 8mg Tirz plus 2mg survo, and I work out 3-4 times weekly (weights and cardio). Since april I haven't moved, and even though I'm near my GW it's proving really tough to get there. Any advice would be welcome.
Speaking as a RS who's on 20mg each week and had been stuck indefinitely:

Give your calorie consumption a hard look. Your system adjusts, and it does so quite effectively. I dropped 60lbs. until I hit the point where my calories were balanced. At first the weight came off with almost no effort, and then it stopped.

The phrase wasn't mine originally: "you can't work out of a bad diet." I don't do workouts. I pick up a shovel, a rake, or a chainsaw instead. Either way, go over your intake again and again. After that, try cutting down your portions to see what happens. That's what did it for me.

That's exactly right. When it comes to losing weight, the fundamental rule is that you have to burn more calories than you take in. And because measuring calories burned accurately isn't possible, your best bet is to estimate what you're eating and ensure that estimate puts you in a deficit.

Counting calories is a pain, but if you skip it (even just for a short period) then you're basically flying blind about your intake and what an actual portion looks like. The upside is that these meds make it fairly easy to eat at a deficit. Still, I'm 100% with @Sasquatch — no amount of exercise or training can outrun a bad diet.
 
Grogu said:


Agreed. OP should definitely titrate up on the tirz first before adding cagri.

But I'm not sure what cagri you're taking, but the cagri I'm taking is potent and cheap. My kits are about $12 a vial for 10mg. I can't ever see using that much in a month. I think I'd be asleep the entire month 😂 or not eat anything for days...

Click to expand...
Same...I picked up a few kits at roughly $140 each from a warehouse in the US...they arrived within a few days. My reason for buying was simply to stash them in the 'might come in handy later' box. To me they're a tirz/reta assist for pushing past a plateau, should I ever reach one...I also grabbed a few sema kits for the very same purpose...
 
Back
Top