cactus_enthousiast
Explorer
Hi all,
About a month into tirzepatide and the scale is already moving a bit, which gives me some hope. The problem is that I'm completely unable to do sport or any kind of physical exercise. Myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME/CFS) plus postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) mean I have basically zero exercise tolerance. This is a recent development and it really suck. Sports used to be a huge part of my life (weightlifting, cycling, running, skating, skiing, swimming)…
So I'm curious whether anyone else here deals with these same diagnoses, or whether any kinesiologists or other professionals might weigh in. When exercise isn't an option, how do you stay as healthy as you can on a GLP-1, particularly with regard to keeping muscle mass?
I realize that dropping weight is important for my long-term quality of life, but it's genuinely tough when you can hardly do anything physical.
I'd really appreciate hearing any experiences or advice. Thanks!
About a month into tirzepatide and the scale is already moving a bit, which gives me some hope. The problem is that I'm completely unable to do sport or any kind of physical exercise. Myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME/CFS) plus postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) mean I have basically zero exercise tolerance. This is a recent development and it really suck. Sports used to be a huge part of my life (weightlifting, cycling, running, skating, skiing, swimming)…
So I'm curious whether anyone else here deals with these same diagnoses, or whether any kinesiologists or other professionals might weigh in. When exercise isn't an option, how do you stay as healthy as you can on a GLP-1, particularly with regard to keeping muscle mass?
I realize that dropping weight is important for my long-term quality of life, but it's genuinely tough when you can hardly do anything physical.
I'd really appreciate hearing any experiences or advice. Thanks!