No Appetite Suppression

NotNba

Explorer
Joined
May 17, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Kuwait
Hey everyone, I wanted to get your thoughts on something.

A woman I'm very close with cannot feel any appetite suppression whatsoever, which strikes me as odd.

I weigh more than double what she does, and 2mg of reta knocked me flat (a couple of months on, I'm at 7mg)

What she has run:

Tirz (made it to 12.5mg/wk)

Reta (titrated slowly to 8mg/wk) on its own, no tirz, and she still never felt even a trace of suppression.

Reta + Cagri (8mg reta alongside .3, .6, 1.2mg of cagri) and again nothing, though at .6mg of cagri she did get 2 days of suppression (very mild) before it dropped off quickly.

We even did 3 weeks stepping 8mg -> 10 mg -> 12mg of reta, just to see whether 12mg would change anything.

It made no difference, and she also doesn't fill up any faster.

I'm genuinely searching for something that will help her appetite problem; nothing works for suppression and she feels ravenously hungry constantly. After she hit her goal weight (naturally), she began looking for appetite suppression so she wouldn't binge her way back up. That's when we started Tirz, Reta & Cagri, but it all feels like pouring a bottle of water into the ocean.

I realize everyone responds differently, but has anyone dealt with something like this and come out the other side? Or maybe figured out what the root cause was?

We are 100% certain what we are taking is actually as labeled (verified by sending our own vials to jano) but at this point I'm very close to throwing in the towel for her.

Just surprising because cagri turned me into a zombie and reta completely nuked my suppression.

Just waiting for the holiday over in china to be over to try out Elora and other than that I have nothing left in my arsenal of both peptides or knowledge to help her.

Incase it makes a difference - 30, F, 55kg, 160cm, Active.
 
Fwiw, a certain percentage of people simply don't respond to glps. Sadly, it looks like she's also a non responder when it comes to amalyin agonists, ie cagri. Elora could be worth a shot for her, though the odds are she won't respond to it either. New weight loss meds are definitely in the pipeline, and they probably work through different pathways, so with any luck one of them will do more for her
 
I take a low dose of Reta, 1mg, along with a low dose of Tirz, 2mg.

After 4 weeks I moved up to 2 mg of Reta and noticed nothing, so I added some Tirz and the effect hit me right away. For 3 month now, my dose has stayed the same.

One thing I can share: my normal way of eating is very low carbs (no sugar, no bread, no rice and no alcohol). The past 3 weeks I was on holidays and I let the diet slide : bread - pasta - rice and wine. The food noise, which had been at zero, became huge. At one point I was thinking about raising my dose once the holidays were over.

A few days ago I went back to my low carb diet and the food noise returned to zero.
 
Once I reached the higher doses, beginning at 8mg, the effect disappeared for me, and the same thing happened to my wife. It seems likely that we had built up a tolerance to the Reta. Even so, we couldn't eat a lot and would feel full quickly.
 
NotNba said:

Hey everyone, I wanted to get your thoughts on something.

A woman I'm very close with cannot feel any appetite suppression whatsoever, which strikes me as odd.

I weigh more than double what she does, and 2mg of reta knocked me flat (a couple of months on, I'm at 7mg)

What she has run:

Tirz (made it to 12.5mg/wk)

Reta (titrated slowly to 8mg/wk) on its own, no tirz, and she still never felt even a trace of suppression.

Reta + Cagri (8mg reta alongside .3, .6, 1.2mg of cagri) and again nothing, though at .6mg of cagri she did get 2 days of suppression (very mild) before it dropped off quickly.

We even did 3 weeks stepping 8mg -> 10 mg -> 12mg of reta, just to see whether 12mg would change anything.

It made no difference, and she also doesn't fill up any faster.

I'm genuinely searching for something that will help her appetite problem; nothing works for suppression and she feels ravenously hungry constantly. After she hit her goal weight (naturally), she began looking for appetite suppression so she wouldn't binge her way back up. That's when we started Tirz, Reta & Cagri, but it all feels like pouring a bottle of water into the ocean.

I realize everyone responds differently, but has anyone dealt with something like this and come out the other side? Or maybe figured out what the root cause was?

We are 100% certain what we are taking is actually as labeled (verified by sending our own vials to jano) but at this point I'm very close to throwing in the towel for her.

Just surprising because cagri turned me into a zombie and reta completely nuked my suppression.

Just waiting for the holiday over in china to be over to try out Elora and other than that I have nothing left in my arsenal of both peptides or knowledge to help her.

Incase it makes a difference - 30, F, 55kg, 160cm, Active.
Even if she isn't feeling appetite suppression, is she at least bingeing less? Is she regaining less weight than she normally would? With reta's glucagon component in particular, a GLP can still block weight gain even when appetite doesn't appear to be suppressed.
 
Back
Top