Rdg1970
Explorer
Sounds like those thermal labels were meant for a different printer.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
You have to order those straight from Niimbot. Be sure to pick white or a colored option. Clear ones won't show up against dark caps. I purchased 3 rolls for myself, and they perform well.ghreid said:
Is anyone familiar with a D110 round top label that would work?
That's right.joearimathea said:
My d11 is something I really like. From what I understand, though, only labels made by nimbot can be used. Is that right?
ghreid said:
Is anyone familiar with a D110 round top label that would work?
I looked into this a bit. From what I found, color laser toner is supposed to be smudge-proof, and you can use waterproof label sheets with it. I'm not sure I want to buy a new printer just yet, though. Another option might be inkjet printing and then covering it with a layer of scotch tape.IronCircuit said:
Rdg1970 said:
I've seen mentions of folks purchasing specialized printers and such, but you can just get Avery labels. They're available in 8.5”*11” sheets that work with a standard printer. After that, you can use their software to create your label designs and print them using a printer you already have. My initial attempt, nothing elaborate.Whiynot20026 said:
Wifey is interested in buying a Nimbot. Any Nimbot experts here who can recommend which model to choose, plus what label dimensions work for 3ML and 5 ML vials.
Thank you,
Bill
https://www.avery.ca/88508-94204-gl...IihLmXHik8TthE2CcjSFuPdxGgb8FkPsaAjMfEALw_wcB
skeptick said:
randompersonrandom said:
You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.
Hate to be a downer, but check this out:
NIIMBOT D110 Bluetooth Label Maker with Tape Portable Thermal Label Printer#-niimbot-d110-bluetooth-label-maker-with-tape-portable-thermal-label-printerView attachment 10265
NIIMBOT-Official-Store
(784)
98.7% positive
Seller's other itemsSeller's other items
Message
US $8.99 EBAY, brand new, free shipping. Almost got me too—I can't resist a bargain.
skeptick said:
randompersonrandom said:
You absolute fuckers. For an entire year I managed to avoid buying a niimbot — one I have zero need for, since I'm on my own and my thermoses are already labeled just fine. Then you got me on an evening when I was worn out and mildly bored, and now one is arriving on friday.
Hate to be a downer, but check this out:
NIIMBOT D110 Bluetooth Label Maker with Tape Portable Thermal Label Printer#-niimbot-d110-bluetooth-label-maker-with-tape-portable-thermal-label-printerView attachment 10265
NIIMBOT-Official-Store
(784)
98.7% positive
Seller's other itemsSeller's other items
Message
US $8.99 EBAY, brand new, free shipping. Almost got me too—I can't resist a bargain.
Since I have an HP inkjet printer, I figured I'd give this approach a shot. After printing the labels, though, the ink came off with just a swipe.
The D110 often drops below $10 during Amazon sales. I own 3 of them.Whiynot20026 said:
Is there a lower-cost model that can produce labels for vials? I don’t need anything for vial tops.
Bill
On Ebay, you can find a Niimbot M2 Open Box for 50.00. It includes White and Holographic labels. This is seen as a top-tier choice for making vial labels, even for 3ml vials. A more budget-friendly alternative is the D11. There's a massive gap in features between these two, despite only a roughly 20-dollar price difference.Whiynot20026 said:
Wifey is interested in buying a Nimbot. Any Nimbot experts here who can recommend which model to choose, plus what label dimensions work for 3ML and 5 ML vials.
Thank you,
Bill
If your priority is spending less, the d11 delivers good value. But for those who'd rather explore more options and let their creativity run a bit freer, putting in some extra money for the m2 is what I'd recommend.maayws said:
Is the Niimbot D11 a worthwhile purchase?
Appreciate the recommendation! I’ll check out the two of them for sure. Right now I’m just weighing which option suits me best.PeptideGeeeeek said:
If your priority is spending less, the d11 delivers good value. But for those who'd rather explore more options and let their creativity run a bit freer, putting in some extra money for the m2 is what I'd recommend.maayws said:
Is the Niimbot D11 a worthwhile purchase?
maayws said:
Is the Niimbot D11 a worthwhile purchase?
Yesterday my $9 printer showed up from the jungle website. I watched a 3 minute video, and then I could make labels for every one of my vials. Insanely simple. Once I pulled my vials out of the freezer to mark them, I had to wipe them down before applying the sticker because of condensation. For $9, it's fantastic.maayws said:
Is the Niimbot D11 a worthwhile purchase?
I've never understood this. Unless labeling is part of your work, a $10 pack of labels ought to last for years. My guess is the machine's battery will die well before I use up all my labels.SeaGypsy said:
A lot of people choose the phomomo m110 or m108, since that way you aren't stuck using their labels (Niimbot printers will only work with Niimbot labels)
Mine is great. The label size I use is 15x30mm. My preference leans toward the smaller ones since they let me view more of the vial's contents. That way, I can check for floaties or anything that ought not to be present.maayws said:
Is the Niimbot D11 a worthwhile purchase?
Since I've already accumulated more than 300 vials, the labels needed for vials, caps, and updating pen labels quickly accumulate. And it's not just peptides—most people find many other uses for them. I use mine to create wire labels while rewiring the boat. Others use them to stay organized. There are plenty of applications for a label maker if you consider it.neo6488 said:
I've never understood this. Unless labeling is part of your work, a $10 pack of labels ought to last for years. My guess is the machine's battery will die well before I use up all my labels.SeaGypsy said:
A lot of people choose the phomomo m110 or m108, since that way you aren't stuck using their labels (Niimbot printers will only work with Niimbot labels)