Nexaph Buffered NAD+ Vial Stoppers Not Sealing Properly?

tendency

Explorer
Joined
Oct 21, 2025
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest, USA
I just received a 10 pack of Nex 500 buffered NAD+ and it seems like the vacuum is gone. When I reconstitute, the diluent isn't getting pulled in. Could that mean the stopper seal has a problem? Is it still safe to use?

EDIT: I should have mentioned this earlier: Google AI tells me to assume sterility is lost and to throw it out (get a replacement), so I'm thinking about reaching out to the vendor and sending it back.
 
I've never really bought into the idea that whether a vial holds vacuum makes much difference, if any, to the sterility or safety of what's inside.

Anyone who's been at this for a few years knows that vacuum is a fairly new thing. I've talked with several folks who know the lyophilization process well, and by and large they agree that vacuum, while frequently the preferred outcome, doesn't decisively prove anything (one example: the filling equipment simply not having vacuum switched on when the final seal was made), provided everything was sterile at the moment of sealing.

Speaking for myself, it wouldn't bother me.
 
Thanks - good thing I looked here before anything else. I have to admit, after reconstituting and filtering, I've done 3 injections, and it worked the way I wanted with no side effects. So I'll stick with it 🙂
 
Back
Top