Boxer5 said:
catsjourney217 said:
AngieHolmes said:
catsjourney217 said:
Hi everyone! I just received an Endometriosis diagnosis, and after going through a huge amount of material here plus reddit, youtube, etc... it hit me that KPV and Reta could be what helps me live without pain. Food noise has always been something I struggle with, and I had a bed. Eating intuitively let me drop some weight, though I gained part of it back. I can't wait to read more about your journeys! Tomorrow I start reta, and I couldn't be more excited. The more I learn about this, the more convinced I am that this is IT!!!
Hey! Should reta not deliver the food noise relief you're after, tirz could be worth a shot — it carries the stronger reputation on that front. Plenty of people with BED have done well on it. Wishing you the best ~
I really appreciate the suggestion!! One thing I’m wondering about, though. Since I spend a lot of time at the gym, I’ve come across claims that reta is less muscle-wasting than tirz. Does that hold up?? Losing my gains is a big worry for me!!
Glad you've joined us here.
When Tirz and Reta are used, there's a built-in chance of losing lean muscle along with fat. That said, based on what I've seen, hitting your protein target (for me, 0.8g for every pound I weigh each day) and sticking with your training plan makes muscle loss less likely, so the weight you drop tends to be fat.
As @AngieHolmes mentioned, Tirz is well known for quieting food noise. Since Reta combines GLP, GIP, and Glucagon, I've discovered that layering in Tirz with a split dose helps quite a bit, because you can adjust the food noise side separately through Tirz (which is GLP and GIP only). The Glucagon part is great for speeding up BMR, but a number of people I've assisted end up feeling hungry, and that's when we look at whether to add Tirz.
Wishing you the best on your journey!!
