Newcomer Seeking Guidance on GLP and Peptides

Bornbazine

Explorer
Joined
Aug 20, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
United states
Hello everyone, I'm a 34-year-old male, 6'1" tall, weighing 235 lbs with roughly 25% body fat.

My workout routine consists of 3-4 sessions weekly, though it varies due to caring for my 1.5-year-old child and a busy career. I also accumulate 15-20k steps daily.

My nutrition is solid, but portion sizes might need some tweaking.

Recent bloodwork showed my testosterone at 220 total and 46 free. My doctor prescribed TRT, but I'm hesitant to begin since my wife and I are planning for another baby.

I'm healing from meniscus surgery performed today, and I'm considering starting KLOW and SS-31. KLOW would aid tissue repair, while SS-31 targets mitochondrial recovery before I embark on this path.

After completing those and determining how to manage TRT (given potential fertility concerns), I plan to begin TRT alone for 8 weeks to allow my system to adjust. Following that, I'll start a 12-week RETA cycle, and at week 6 of that, introduce a TESA cycle.
 
Hello. TRT is something I'm still unsure about too. I figure that losing weight may bring back part of my natural level, and then I'll make up my mind. Best of luck
 
Amino74 said:

Hello. TRT is something I'm still unsure about too. I figure that losing weight may bring back part of my natural level, and then I'll make up my mind. Best of luck
I went back and forth on this too. Diet and exercise do boost testosterone, sure. But I already lift and my meals are pretty clean, so I question how much extra benefit there is. My guess is it would be pretty small. To be clear, clean for me doesn’t equal flawless—what we cook is solid. The problem is portion size: I keep eating past full because hunger never really goes away.
 
Bornbazine said:

Amino74 said:

Hello. TRT is something I'm still unsure about too. I figure that losing weight may bring back part of my natural level, and then I'll make up my mind. Best of luck
I went back and forth on this too. Diet and exercise do boost testosterone, sure. But I already lift and my meals are pretty clean, so I question how much extra benefit there is. My guess is it would be pretty small. To be clear, clean for me doesn’t equal flawless—what we cook is solid. The problem is portion size: I keep eating past full because hunger never really goes away.
I'm in the same boat. My hope is that dropping weight will boost testosterone, especially if obesity was the reason it was low, and I'm also hoping reta will provide extra help with insulin resistance.
 
Bornbazine said:

Hello everyone, I'm a 34-year-old male, 6'1" tall, weighing 235 lbs with roughly 25% body fat.

My workout routine consists of 3-4 sessions weekly, though it varies due to caring for my 1.5-year-old child and a busy career. I also accumulate 15-20k steps daily.

My nutrition is solid, but portion sizes might need some tweaking.

Recent bloodwork showed my testosterone at 220 total and 46 free. My doctor prescribed TRT, but I'm hesitant to begin since my wife and I are planning for another baby.

I'm healing from meniscus surgery performed today, and I'm considering starting KLOW and SS-31. KLOW would aid tissue repair, while SS-31 targets mitochondrial recovery before I embark on this path.

After completing those and determining how to manage TRT (given potential fertility concerns), I plan to begin TRT alone for 8 weeks to allow my system to adjust. Following that, I'll start a 12-week RETA cycle, and at week 6 of that, introduce a TESA cycle.

It's unusual for me to come across someone mapping out a reta cycle ahead of time — typically folks start low, ramp up until it's working, drop most of the weight, then ease back down and settle on a maintenance dose so they don't rebound. I'm really interested in how a 12-week run followed by a stop turns out for you, so definitely keep us in the loop : )
 
A few years back I began TRT, and it made a huge difference. I get bloodwork done regularly and my doctor goes over it, and at this point I'm also exploring other peptides.
 
Keep everything in the proper areas.

Intros belong here only

Introduce Yourself​#-introduce-yourselfThis serves as the welcome space for members who are new.

Before you start posting, go through every thread in the Announcements area and

the New Member Posting Guide.

🚫 NO SOURCE DISCUSSION!

🚫 NO NAMING SOURCES!

🚫 NO SOURCES PERIOD!

🚫 NO QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

❌ ZERO TOLERANCE

✅ INTRODUCTIONS & WELCOMES ONLY! 🧑‍🤝‍🧑🤝
 
Back
Top