Newbie needs help with the basics

colg8r

Explorer
Joined
Mar 8, 2026
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
South America
To keep it brief, I spent a year looking things up online, and I was all set to start in January and March, but sudden work trips came up and threw off my plans. At last, things are stable enough for me to begin today.

A few beginner questions — the bac water I got comes in 3ml vials, so my goal is to pull all of it to reconstitute a vial of my research peptide. The insulin syringes I have are those tiny ones with short, thin needles… what is the simplest method to draw up every bit of the bac water? I assume a bigger syringe would work better for that step?

I’ll hit the same issue at the other end when I’m trying to use up a mixed vial and need to get the last few drops out. What’s your approach for that?

I managed to get it done (for the most part) this first time, and I won’t have to empty this initial vial since it will “expire” before I’ve titrated up, but the later vials will need to be emptied.

Thanks ahead of time! I feel really lucky to have come across this forum and community!
 
Hey!

Pick up some bigger luer lock syringes, similar to this one... A lower gauge number means a thicker needle, which makes moving liquids a lot faster. These are NOT meant for pinning lol—just use them to transfer your liquids. 🙂





0b015e8b5d28de74cc934ee089076ddd6ddeef613d6be0e915d35edaa540ccd9.webp
 
Stace_wow said:

Hey!

Pick up some bigger luer lock syringes, similar to this one... A lower gauge number means a thicker needle, which makes moving liquids a lot faster. These are NOT meant for pinning lol—just use them to transfer your liquids. 🙂





View attachment 10548
Appreciate it! As for the final bits of liquid—how do you get those into a pin?
 
colg8r said:

To keep it brief, I spent a year looking things up online, and I was all set to start in January and March, but sudden work trips came up and threw off my plans. At last, things are stable enough for me to begin today.

A few beginner questions — the bac water I got comes in 3ml vials, so my goal is to pull all of it to reconstitute a vial of my research peptide. The insulin syringes I have are those tiny ones with short, thin needles… what is the simplest method to draw up every bit of the bac water? I assume a bigger syringe would work better for that step?

I’ll hit the same issue at the other end when I’m trying to use up a mixed vial and need to get the last few drops out. What’s your approach for that?

I managed to get it done (for the most part) this first time, and I won’t have to empty this initial vial since it will “expire” before I’ve titrated up, but the later vials will need to be emptied.

Thanks ahead of time! I feel really lucky to have come across this forum and community!
For this and several other reasons, pens are what I usually suggest (they're more hygienic, more convenient, produce less waste, and avoid air-bubbles, among other things). That said, another option is to put your pin noodle in just at the surface and turn the vial upside-down, which lets you draw out that final dose.
 
colg8r said:

Stace_wow said:

Hey!

Pick up some bigger luer lock syringes, similar to this one... A lower gauge number means a thicker needle, which makes moving liquids a lot faster. These are NOT meant for pinning lol—just use them to transfer your liquids. 🙂





View attachment 10548
Appreciate it! As for the final bits of liquid—how do you get those into a pin?
I flip my vial upside down, and every now and then I'll angle it. While drawing back on the plunger, I also draw the needle out of the vial VERY SLOWLY lol Occasionally a drop remains....Air tends to get sucked in, but I still get all my pep....I flick the air toward the top of the syringe, then with the syringe aimed upward I expel the air.
 
colg8r said:

Stace_wow said:

Hey!

Pick up some bigger luer lock syringes, similar to this one... A lower gauge number means a thicker needle, which makes moving liquids a lot faster. These are NOT meant for pinning lol—just use them to transfer your liquids. 🙂





View attachment 10548
Appreciate it! As for the final bits of liquid—how do you get those into a pin?
Verify that your 3ml syringe shows the right amount, since the BAC vials aren’t filled exactly. It’s fine to invert the BAC vial—the cap has a slit, which lets you watch the needle tip’s position.
 
N Sharp said:

colg8r said:

To keep it brief, I spent a year looking things up online, and I was all set to start in January and March, but sudden work trips came up and threw off my plans. At last, things are stable enough for me to begin today.

A few beginner questions — the bac water I got comes in 3ml vials, so my goal is to pull all of it to reconstitute a vial of my research peptide. The insulin syringes I have are those tiny ones with short, thin needles… what is the simplest method to draw up every bit of the bac water? I assume a bigger syringe would work better for that step?

I’ll hit the same issue at the other end when I’m trying to use up a mixed vial and need to get the last few drops out. What’s your approach for that?

I managed to get it done (for the most part) this first time, and I won’t have to empty this initial vial since it will “expire” before I’ve titrated up, but the later vials will need to be emptied.

Thanks ahead of time! I feel really lucky to have come across this forum and community!
For this and several other reasons, pens are what I usually suggest (they're more hygienic, more convenient, produce less waste, and avoid air-bubbles, among other things). That said, another option is to put your pin noodle in just at the surface and turn the vial upside-down, which lets you draw out that final dose.
I'll be straight with you - I just about managed to work this out! Filling pens feels like a daunting task. Perhaps it's not as hard as it looks? I've yet to come across a solid step-by-step tutorial - could you point me to one?
 
colg8r said:

N Sharp said:

colg8r said:

To keep it brief, I spent a year looking things up online, and I was all set to start in January and March, but sudden work trips came up and threw off my plans. At last, things are stable enough for me to begin today.

A few beginner questions — the bac water I got comes in 3ml vials, so my goal is to pull all of it to reconstitute a vial of my research peptide. The insulin syringes I have are those tiny ones with short, thin needles… what is the simplest method to draw up every bit of the bac water? I assume a bigger syringe would work better for that step?

I’ll hit the same issue at the other end when I’m trying to use up a mixed vial and need to get the last few drops out. What’s your approach for that?

I managed to get it done (for the most part) this first time, and I won’t have to empty this initial vial since it will “expire” before I’ve titrated up, but the later vials will need to be emptied.

Thanks ahead of time! I feel really lucky to have come across this forum and community!
For this and several other reasons, pens are what I usually suggest (they're more hygienic, more convenient, produce less waste, and avoid air-bubbles, among other things). That said, another option is to put your pin noodle in just at the surface and turn the vial upside-down, which lets you draw out that final dose.
I'll be straight with you - I just about managed to work this out! Filling pens feels like a daunting task. Perhaps it's not as hard as it looks? I've yet to come across a solid step-by-step tutorial - could you point me to one?
When you're running it through a filter, putting together a pen works the same way as moving liquid from the original vial into a fresh sterile vial. The only difference is that the filtered liquid goes into the cartridge instead of that new vial.
 
colg8r said:

N Sharp said:

colg8r said:

To keep it brief, I spent a year looking things up online, and I was all set to start in January and March, but sudden work trips came up and threw off my plans. At last, things are stable enough for me to begin today.

A few beginner questions — the bac water I got comes in 3ml vials, so my goal is to pull all of it to reconstitute a vial of my research peptide. The insulin syringes I have are those tiny ones with short, thin needles… what is the simplest method to draw up every bit of the bac water? I assume a bigger syringe would work better for that step?

I’ll hit the same issue at the other end when I’m trying to use up a mixed vial and need to get the last few drops out. What’s your approach for that?

I managed to get it done (for the most part) this first time, and I won’t have to empty this initial vial since it will “expire” before I’ve titrated up, but the later vials will need to be emptied.

Thanks ahead of time! I feel really lucky to have come across this forum and community!
For this and several other reasons, pens are what I usually suggest (they're more hygienic, more convenient, produce less waste, and avoid air-bubbles, among other things). That said, another option is to put your pin noodle in just at the surface and turn the vial upside-down, which lets you draw out that final dose.
I'll be straight with you - I just about managed to work this out! Filling pens feels like a daunting task. Perhaps it's not as hard as it looks? I've yet to come across a solid step-by-step tutorial - could you point me to one?
You'll pick it up faster than you'd expect. This guide should help: https://peptidecritic.com/tutorials

It also appears they're putting their YouTube videos back up over on Rumble: https://rumble.com/user/PeptideCritic/videos
 
timebomb85 said:

The bigger needles are worth it. For moving research chemicals around, 1.5 inch works well.
When you're running it through a filter, pulling the mixed Peptide out becomes much simpler.

@colg8r Pens aren't my thing—I'd rather use insulin syringes, for example East Touch 31G 8mm. You mentioned your BAC comes in a 3ml vial, right? Which compound are you working with—Reta, Tirz, or something else? My advice is to read a lot more first, since this community already covers every one of those questions.
 
colg8r said:

To keep it brief, I spent a year looking things up online, and I was all set to start in January and March, but sudden work trips came up and threw off my plans. At last, things are stable enough for me to begin today.

A few beginner questions — the bac water I got comes in 3ml vials, so my goal is to pull all of it to reconstitute a vial of my research peptide. The insulin syringes I have are those tiny ones with short, thin needles… what is the simplest method to draw up every bit of the bac water? I assume a bigger syringe would work better for that step?

I’ll hit the same issue at the other end when I’m trying to use up a mixed vial and need to get the last few drops out. What’s your approach for that?

I managed to get it done (for the most part) this first time, and I won’t have to empty this initial vial since it will “expire” before I’ve titrated up, but the later vials will need to be emptied.

Thanks ahead of time! I feel really lucky to have come across this forum and community!
For my own use, I go with the 25g 1 1/2 — that length reaches all the way down into the vial, so I can pull out as much as possible from what's left. I also use luer lock syringes.
 
It might be wise to toss that bac water out and spend more time learning. Folks here will "help " you, but at this piont they're just enabling you. I don't want to come off as harsh, but you're heading down a slippery slope without the knowledge to stay standing.
 
BNLFL said:

timebomb85 said:

The bigger needles are worth it. For moving research chemicals around, 1.5 inch works well.
When you're running it through a filter, pulling the mixed Peptide out becomes much simpler.

@colg8r Pens aren't my thing—I'd rather use insulin syringes, for example East Touch 31G 8mm. You mentioned your BAC comes in a 3ml vial, right? Which compound are you working with—Reta, Tirz, or something else? My advice is to read a lot more first, since this community already covers every one of those questions.
What you're saying is accurate!
 
Optimistic3 said:

colg8r said:

To keep it brief, I spent a year looking things up online, and I was all set to start in January and March, but sudden work trips came up and threw off my plans. At last, things are stable enough for me to begin today.

A few beginner questions — the bac water I got comes in 3ml vials, so my goal is to pull all of it to reconstitute a vial of my research peptide. The insulin syringes I have are those tiny ones with short, thin needles… what is the simplest method to draw up every bit of the bac water? I assume a bigger syringe would work better for that step?

I’ll hit the same issue at the other end when I’m trying to use up a mixed vial and need to get the last few drops out. What’s your approach for that?

I managed to get it done (for the most part) this first time, and I won’t have to empty this initial vial since it will “expire” before I’ve titrated up, but the later vials will need to be emptied.

Thanks ahead of time! I feel really lucky to have come across this forum and community!
For my own use, I go with the 25g 1 1/2 — that length reaches all the way down into the vial, so I can pull out as much as possible from what's left. I also use luer lock syringes.
I run the same configuration. Luer locks also simplify the filtering process.
 
Back
Top