Newbie Basics

UKMrX

Explorer
Joined
Jun 16, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Mixing it up itself isn't a problem for me, but I've got a few things I'd like cleared up if anyone with more experience can chime in?

My plan for a first purchase is: 10mg combined with 2ml BAC, which should yield 5 shots of 2mg each (measured as 40 units on a 1 ml syringe).

These might be silly questions, but I want to be sure.

  1. Since my syringe only holds 1ml, is it fine to add the water in 2 separate 1ml portions using the same syringe? Or is a larger syringe necessary to do it in one go?
  2. As for the leftover 1ml of BAC water, am I right in assuming it just gets discarded? Is there any point saving it for a future vial?
  3. Does the mixed vial need to be kept standing up in the fridge, or can it be laid on its side?

That covers everything for now.

Thanks
 
For me it comes down partly to what you prefer, but I aim for 20 units as a solid injection volume. With your numbers, that means adding 1ml of water to a 10mg vial. That works out nicely since your recon syringe holds 1ml. I usually pull slightly more than needed, say 103 units of actual water, because a bit gets lost in dead space when you draw doses out. If you don't account for that, your final dose comes up short. It's not exact, just repeatable. Perfect dose accuracy isn't realistic anyway, since vial contents themselves vary by +/- 15% of the product mass.

I've come across folks who transfer water during a recon using several pulls from a syringe. I wouldn't choose that approach myself, for a few reasons, mainly because 1ml is plenty for your situation.

Seems like your BAC is generic and unlabeled. Quality BAC can be kept for future use. With unlabeled BAC, though, if you're able to source more down the road, I'd discard whatever is left. Next time, see if you can get Hospira BAC or something comparable.

Vial orientation inside my fridge has never been something I bother with.
 
yeah, agreeing with bing. Don't put in more water, keeping the bac or not, it's not important. ok to lay down.
 
IMHO, the simplest approach with Reta is 1ml/10mg. This makes the math straightforward: 10 units equals 1mg, 20 units equals 2mg, 30 units equals 3mg, and so on.
 
Grab some luer lock syringes in 3ml and 5ml sizes, along with 1.5" luer lock needles and a few 1/2" luer lock needles. Filtering will require these no matter what. Now go read up more, kids, and check out a couple of YT videos.
 
BNLFL said:

Grab some luer lock syringes in 3ml and 5ml sizes, along with 1.5" luer lock needles and a few 1/2" luer lock needles. Filtering will require these no matter what. Now go read up more, kids, and check out a couple of YT videos.
You explain things well—nearly on par with our dearly missed Smiter!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

Grab some luer lock syringes in 3ml and 5ml sizes, along with 1.5" luer lock needles and a few 1/2" luer lock needles. Filtering will require these no matter what. Now go read up more, kids, and check out a couple of YT videos.
You explain things well—nearly on par with our dearly missed Smiter!
Oh wow, I really appreciate that, buddy.





68d6cdbfdecd11c32949b7319eee96c8ae916384f0fd8ecf6159f62d3564698b.gif
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

BNLFL said:

Grab some luer lock syringes in 3ml and 5ml sizes, along with 1.5" luer lock needles and a few 1/2" luer lock needles. Filtering will require these no matter what. Now go read up more, kids, and check out a couple of YT videos.
You explain things well—nearly on par with our dearly missed Smiter!
Whatever tips Smiter gave out, you can track them down by asking a chatbot that's been laced with a splash of meth.
 
UKMrX said:

Mixing it up itself isn't a problem for me, but I've got a few things I'd like cleared up if anyone with more experience can chime in?

My plan for a first purchase is: 10mg combined with 2ml BAC, which should yield 5 shots of 2mg each (measured as 40 units on a 1 ml syringe).

These might be silly questions, but I want to be sure.

  1. Since my syringe only holds 1ml, is it fine to add the water in 2 separate 1ml portions using the same syringe? Or is a larger syringe necessary to do it in one go?
  2. As for the leftover 1ml of BAC water, am I right in assuming it just gets discarded? Is there any point saving it for a future vial?
  3. Does the mixed vial need to be kept standing up in the fridge, or can it be laid on its side?

That covers everything for now.

Thanks
1. yes, a 3ml is actually less accurate by comparison

2. save it for the following recon. That leaves 2ml in the next BAC vial, enough for one more recon.

Note: 1.5ml (5x0.30ml) is another option for reconstituting.

3. think about the septum as a source of contamination: bacteria get in each time a needle goes through it (pseudomonas from air, staph from your skin, plenty of things from your breath if no mask is worn).

Don't give them an easy path in by letting the septum stay in touch with the solution. So after recon, always keep it upright.
 
Back
Top