HouseCat said:
I’ve got nothing better to do at the moment, so I’ll take a shot at this. By the way, everyone who posted before me knows their stuff. These are all kind folks who just want to help you out. (Fair warning: a few people around here are VERY direct and won’t sugarcoat anything LOL!)
1. Trying to keep converting mg to mL back and forth just tangled me up, so I’m leaving that part alone. Around here, most folks reach for 1mL/100 unit or 0.3mL/30 unit insulin syringes, 29 to 32g, for GLP-1s. If the Luer locks are already in your hands, though, hang onto them. Pinching the skin sometimes makes the needle slide in without getting bent. For reconning, I use 5mL and 10mL syringe barrels (the 10mL ones for high BAC volume peps that I divide into 2 3mL pen cartridges), with 1.5” and 5/8” needles, and I don’t go bigger than 25 gauge so the self-seal top doesn’t get torn up. I’m a easy bruiser, yet with 6-7 pins daily I typically see just a dot of blood 1-2x per week. That’s about the same frequency as when I get acupuncture—1 tiny dot of blood in 1 spot out of 20 needles. Trying better needles might be worth it. BD & Easy Touch are dependable brands (others exist too; use the search function to find more).
2. Tirz that’s been reconned handles 1 freeze/thaw cycle well—it’s the “cockroach of peptides.” BAC remains stable for up to 120 days. A few people push it past that. Micro dosing tirz is definitely a thing, though usually for maintenance or when someone has very little to lose. The typical low-dose starting point is 2.5mg.
3. Storing the kit in Tupperware and putting it in the freezer is fine. Add a desiccant pouch or two, though. I found out that even a hydrapeak can get frost inside. With an auto-defrost freezer, if you want to be extra careful, put your tirz in a thermos/hydrapeak/foam cooler or similar to avoid temp swings—but for the powder it’s not really necessary. For reconned, I’d use a thermos since you don’t want more than 1 freeze/thaw cycle, and these little vials thaw very fast.
4. Look at my #1
5. If this is going to your wife, get some filters. Not that you aren’t worth filtering, but when you’re giving it to someone else, extra caution is good practice. Search Biologix on here…their 13mm PES 0.22micron filters are high quality and also the best price for sterile filters.
You’ve already figured out that reconning/injecting in practice is a whole different ballgame from theory! Read around here quite a bit for good tips and also failure stories (I overpressurized a MOTS-C recon… @Skidude and others helped me figure out my mistake —we all make them!)