New to this

ahhamunster

Explorer
Joined
Dec 17, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Madison, Wisconsin
I’m a newcomer to the grey market. When a supplier provides Janoshik test reports for the batch I want… does that suffice? Or would I still need to have my own batch tested? I’d rather err on the side of caution, but I’m wondering what everyone else does
 
ahhamunster said:

I’m a newcomer to the grey market. When a supplier provides Janoshik test reports for the batch I want… does that suffice? Or would I still need to have my own batch tested? I’d rather err on the side of caution, but I’m wondering what everyone else does
So really, the main thing to figure out is: what level of trust can you place in the report they provide?

Is that report actually tied to the same batch, or has the vendor simply slapped the same batch number on it?

Maybe they ran tests on other vials that turned out worse, and that's exactly why those results never saw the light of day?

And when it comes down to it, how much real quality control exists from one vial to the next during production?

My thinking is to treat the vendor's reports as a reasonable place to start, then either arrange my own testing or, as I'm planning, at least join in group testing.

Even with all that, short of testing every last vial, you can never be 100% certain — but you have to draw the line somewhere.
 
My approach varies by who I'm buying from. When a vendor is well-known and plenty of individuals and communities are putting their batches through testing, I feel much more at ease if I see numerous results shared. Still, the real deciding factor is your own risk tolerance weighed against how much you're prepared to pay. These days I hardly ever send anything off for testing on my own, since it's both a hassle and costly.
 
For my part, I simply grab it and go for it. I let my body handle the filtering.

Still, each person has their own tolerance for risk.
 
I strongly support 3rd party testing. With most vendors, the issue for me is that they'll test a single batch and then ship you product from a different one. That exact scenario actually occurred in a group test I'm involved in right now.
 
How much risk you're willing to take is what decides this. I'm okay with a lot of risk, so testing isn't something I do. Even if the vendor lacks a COA for the exact pep I'm taking, I still skip it. My method is the "feelz" test. Errors do occur, though not often. Think about how grocery store food occasionally gets salmonella contamination. I don't test every item I purchase, and the producers don't either, not until enough people become ill.
 
How much risk you're willing to take plays a big role here. For me, a vendor's COA only carries weight when I've seen several third-party group tests from that same vendor, all pointing to consistent, trustworthy, and positive outcomes.
 
Back
Top