Dexterloki
Explorer
Hey everyone, 43 year old male. I've been using tirzepatide since Feb 2025. Originally I climbed to 7.5mg and the weight was melting off. I began at 270, and by July I had gotten down to 210.
A colonoscopy was scheduled for July. The requirement was that I pause for 2 weeks. Scheduling problems meant the pause stretched to 3 weeks. When I resumed the meds, the food noise returned. I wound up moving to 10mg with no result, then 12mg. I wasn't putting weight on, but I wasn't taking any off either. Sadly, at those doses my RHR climbed pretty dramatically, which kept me from titrating to the max.
In the end the dr recommended another 2 week pause to verify if the tirzepatide was behind my rising HR. And of course, once I stopped, the HR dropped. After coming off I began putting some weight back on, so I returned to my 12mg dose. Yet again it feels like the shot I'm taking is water.
Following labs, dr put me on TRT, which ramped up water retention and hunger. From a low of 193 I'm now back at 210. It's incredibly frustrating. Coming off the meds means gaining even more, staying on them means barely any benefit.
Has anyone else dealt with this? Any advice? I'm at the gym 6 days a week, trying to make the most of the TRT. I'm thinking about making the switch to Reta even though I've heard appetite suppression is worse on it, but I suppose with tirz I'm getting none at all.
Also, before switching to Reta, I was thinking about stacking a bit of cargilintide to try and rein in appetite.
Let me know what you guys think!
A colonoscopy was scheduled for July. The requirement was that I pause for 2 weeks. Scheduling problems meant the pause stretched to 3 weeks. When I resumed the meds, the food noise returned. I wound up moving to 10mg with no result, then 12mg. I wasn't putting weight on, but I wasn't taking any off either. Sadly, at those doses my RHR climbed pretty dramatically, which kept me from titrating to the max.
In the end the dr recommended another 2 week pause to verify if the tirzepatide was behind my rising HR. And of course, once I stopped, the HR dropped. After coming off I began putting some weight back on, so I returned to my 12mg dose. Yet again it feels like the shot I'm taking is water.
Following labs, dr put me on TRT, which ramped up water retention and hunger. From a low of 193 I'm now back at 210. It's incredibly frustrating. Coming off the meds means gaining even more, staying on them means barely any benefit.
Has anyone else dealt with this? Any advice? I'm at the gym 6 days a week, trying to make the most of the TRT. I'm thinking about making the switch to Reta even though I've heard appetite suppression is worse on it, but I suppose with tirz I'm getting none at all.
Also, before switching to Reta, I was thinking about stacking a bit of cargilintide to try and rein in appetite.
Let me know what you guys think!