New to GH: 1st timer asks LR3 or HGH?

BrandedBateman

Explorer
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
wisconsin
RETA has been my compound for 4 weeks now and the slow results are really enjoyable. What I keep seeing though is a lot of igf 1 lr3 and hgh and cjc/ipa no dac. hwowever maxamizing muscle gains as much as possible is the goal and I am super new to growth hormone relaseing peptides, so which would be better is what I am curious about. Plenty of people say igf1 lr3 is good and hgh, but my own research on them is still to come, so your guys opinion would be welcome along with any tips. and for some context I am 5'9 177-180lbs and 18
 
BrandedBateman said:

RETA has been my compound for 4 weeks now and the slow results are really enjoyable. What I keep seeing though is a lot of igf 1 lr3 and hgh and cjc/ipa no dac. hwowever maxamizing muscle gains as much as possible is the goal and I am super new to growth hormone relaseing peptides, so which would be better is what I am curious about. Plenty of people say igf1 lr3 is good and hgh, but my own research on them is still to come, so your guys opinion would be welcome along with any tips. and for some context I am 5'9 177-180lbs and 18
 
BrandedBateman said:

RETA has been my compound for 4 weeks now and the slow results are really enjoyable. What I keep seeing though is a lot of igf 1 lr3 and hgh and cjc/ipa no dac. hwowever maxamizing muscle gains as much as possible is the goal and I am super new to growth hormone relaseing peptides, so which would be better is what I am curious about. Plenty of people say igf1 lr3 is good and hgh, but my own research on them is still to come, so your guys opinion would be welcome along with any tips. and for some context I am 5'9 177-180lbs and 18

The absolute best thing would be to grow up. At 18 you are well outside your depth.
 
woundcarping said:

BrandedBateman said:

RETA has been my compound for 4 weeks now and the slow results are really enjoyable. What I keep seeing though is a lot of igf 1 lr3 and hgh and cjc/ipa no dac. hwowever maxamizing muscle gains as much as possible is the goal and I am super new to growth hormone relaseing peptides, so which would be better is what I am curious about. Plenty of people say igf1 lr3 is good and hgh, but my own research on them is still to come, so your guys opinion would be welcome along with any tips. and for some context I am 5'9 177-180lbs and 18

The absolute best thing would be to grow up. At 18 you are well outside your depth.
lol, very true - though natural production is not something I am really worried about, since growing will be finished soon anyway
 
BrandedBateman said:

woundcarping said:

BrandedBateman said:

RETA has been my compound for 4 weeks now and the slow results are really enjoyable. What I keep seeing though is a lot of igf 1 lr3 and hgh and cjc/ipa no dac. hwowever maxamizing muscle gains as much as possible is the goal and I am super new to growth hormone relaseing peptides, so which would be better is what I am curious about. Plenty of people say igf1 lr3 is good and hgh, but my own research on them is still to come, so your guys opinion would be welcome along with any tips. and for some context I am 5'9 177-180lbs and 18

The absolute best thing would be to grow up. At 18 you are well outside your depth.
lol, very true - though natural production is not something I am really worried about, since growing will be finished soon anyway
Bloods come first and foremost.. baseline igf/z, plus your A1C, and know your bg/fbg. Young as you are, secretagogues should work just fine. Experience matters a great deal before you mess with any of it.. being in tune with your body, your workouts and your nutrition. Quick instant gratification does not exist here. At your age, nutrition and gym consistency with progressive overloading give you the most. 25-30 is the age where I would start looking into anything exogenous.
 
BrandedBateman said:

woundcarping said:

BrandedBateman said:

RETA has been my compound for 4 weeks now and the slow results are really enjoyable. What I keep seeing though is a lot of igf 1 lr3 and hgh and cjc/ipa no dac. hwowever maxamizing muscle gains as much as possible is the goal and I am super new to growth hormone relaseing peptides, so which would be better is what I am curious about. Plenty of people say igf1 lr3 is good and hgh, but my own research on them is still to come, so your guys opinion would be welcome along with any tips. and for some context I am 5'9 177-180lbs and 18

The absolute best thing would be to grow up. At 18 you are well outside your depth.
lol, very true - though natural production is not something I am really worried about, since growing will be finished soon anyway
Without testing your IGF-1 levels (and hormones) before, during and after, you are simply guessing in the dark. What is normal versus abnormal stays unknown, and the only read on what is working comes from feelz, which are notoriously fickle.
 
BrandedBateman said:

woundcarping said:

BrandedBateman said:

RETA has been my compound for 4 weeks now and the slow results are really enjoyable. What I keep seeing though is a lot of igf 1 lr3 and hgh and cjc/ipa no dac. hwowever maxamizing muscle gains as much as possible is the goal and I am super new to growth hormone relaseing peptides, so which would be better is what I am curious about. Plenty of people say igf1 lr3 is good and hgh, but my own research on them is still to come, so your guys opinion would be welcome along with any tips. and for some context I am 5'9 177-180lbs and 18

The absolute best thing would be to grow up. At 18 you are well outside your depth.
lol, very true - though natural production is not something I am really worried about, since growing will be finished soon anyway
My suspicion is that after doing a lot more research you may hold very different views than now, or you may zero in on a debatable aspect of it. Not yet though, because out of all the compounds, HGH has no long term effect on natural production at all. Reproduction in your body kicks back in around 24-48 hours after stopping. Next comes the dose that would matter for an 18 year old, and whether that dose is one you would want to take. Then there is your bfp, and the reason it matters so much. Knowing the meaningful questions takes a lot of research first.
 
In my opinion IGF1-LR3 is pure hype with barely any real payoff. Reconstituting it is a pain in the ass, and the injections have to be IM into muscles that were just trained, inside a certain window. A simple thing gets needlessly overcomplicated. Want to know whether something really builds muscle or shreds fat? Ask yourself whether IFBB pros bother with it. If they do not, it is probably doing very little. Those guys will risk anything and jump through any hoop if a compound actually works. There is a reason none of them run or discuss IGF1-LR3. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

As for the secretagogues, at your age they are probably unnecessary, though using them probably does little harm. Manipulating hormones always carries risks, and that goes double at such a young age. My suggestion is to get your diet, gym routine and recovery 100% locked in first, before peptide therapies or exogenous hormones are considered. How fast you can recomp and blow up once everything is dialed in will amaze you.
 
BrandedBateman said:

RETA has been my compound for 4 weeks now and the slow results are really enjoyable. What I keep seeing though is a lot of igf 1 lr3 and hgh and cjc/ipa no dac. hwowever maxamizing muscle gains as much as possible is the goal and I am super new to growth hormone relaseing peptides, so which would be better is what I am curious about. Plenty of people say igf1 lr3 is good and hgh, but my own research on them is still to come, so your guys opinion would be welcome along with any tips. and for some context I am 5'9 177-180lbs and 18
My own experience with cjc w IPA has been good. Sleeping very well and waking up rested. The stack I last ran

Testosterone

Tirzepatide

CJC1295 with IPA, no DAC
 
Tbagger said:

In my opinion IGF1-LR3 is pure hype with barely any real payoff. Reconstituting it is a pain in the ass, and the injections have to be IM into muscles that were just trained, inside a certain window. A simple thing gets needlessly overcomplicated. Want to know whether something really builds muscle or shreds fat? Ask yourself whether IFBB pros bother with it. If they do not, it is probably doing very little. Those guys will risk anything and jump through any hoop if a compound actually works. There is a reason none of them run or discuss IGF1-LR3. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

As for the secretagogues, at your age they are probably unnecessary, though using them probably does little harm. Manipulating hormones always carries risks, and that goes double at such a young age. My suggestion is to get your diet, gym routine and recovery 100% locked in first, before peptide therapies or exogenous hormones are considered. How fast you can recomp and blow up once everything is dialed in will amaze you.
Thanks for the advice - what I am after is something that gets me higher than where I already am, which obviously means gear, but hioping on is not happening until I look good natural.
 
Back
Top