New member: keeping the weight off at goal

svob

Explorer
Joined
Sep 1, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
London
Hi everyone - I'm new here. To introduce myself: over the past year I used Tirzepatide to reach my goal weight. I've been able to reduce from 10mg mounjaro down to roughly 6.5mg and I'm holding steady, but any further reduction brings weight back on. My feeling is that I'll need this for life now. The problem is that maintaining through online pharmacies costs a fortune, so I'm hoping to find less expensive alternatives.
 
Glad to have you! I'm in the same boat as a newcomer. This place is full of folks who really know their stuff and have been through it.
 
That's pretty much my situation. Wegovy has been part of my routine for years, but lately some pounds have crept back on, and that's even at the max dose. On top of that, my health insurance appears ready to drop me, so I'm considering a change to Tirz or Reta

There was a previous time I lost Wegovy coverage, and the pounds returned really fast. I'm fairly certain GLP-1s will be something I use for life
 
svob said:

Hi everyone - I'm new here. To introduce myself: over the past year I used Tirzepatide to reach my goal weight. I've been able to reduce from 10mg mounjaro down to roughly 6.5mg and I'm holding steady, but any further reduction brings weight back on. My feeling is that I'll need this for life now. The problem is that maintaining through online pharmacies costs a fortune, so I'm hoping to find less expensive alternatives.
Nice work hitting your goal weight! Hopefully by looking around and getting to know people on here, you'll come across a cheaper option.
 
svob said:

Hi everyone - I'm new here. To introduce myself: over the past year I used Tirzepatide to reach my goal weight. I've been able to reduce from 10mg mounjaro down to roughly 6.5mg and I'm holding steady, but any further reduction brings weight back on. My feeling is that I'll need this for life now. The problem is that maintaining through online pharmacies costs a fortune, so I'm hoping to find less expensive alternatives.
I wish you luck in discovering improved options. &) tracking down sources via these forums could work out less expensive, though I can't say for certain since I'm also a newcomer.
 
Nice work on what you've achieved so far. The keeping-it-off phase is a challenge for plenty of folks, particularly once a reduced dose begins to bring the number back up. Wishing you a setup that works for you, and that this group teaches you plenty.
 
Maintenance went smoothly for roughly 2 years and I stayed at my target, but lately it has turned into more of a fight. Since spring I have put on 8 pounds. Over the past few months I moved my dose up from 10mg to 15mg, and my weight has leveled out once more, yet those 8 pounds will not come off.
 
A recent study showed that a taper protocol worked well: people moved to dosing the same amount they had been maintaining on, but only every other week. As I recall, they kept that up for a year. After that, you might reduce further to dosing every third week.

If every other week dosing gave you trouble, another option is cagrilintide during the off weeks. Its action is as an amylin antagonist, not on GLP-1.
 
Back
Top