New member intro: water infrastructure background

alexm89

Explorer
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Atlanta, Georgia
Alex here, 34, based in Tucson. For roughly 10 years I've been with Tucson Water, working on demand forecasting and infrastructure planning.

A coworker brought up semaglutide, which got me reading into how quality control actually gets done in practice. The further I went, the more it looked like how water systems ran before backflow prevention was standardized: plenty of opinions, no independent testing, and the folks making recommendations stood to gain from the result.

Chemistry isn't my field. My lens is systems and failure modes. What interests me most is how people figure out what they're actually getting — what testing demonstrates versus what's merely asserted. If there are older threads covering assay methods, COAs, or interpreting lab reports, I'd prefer to begin there instead of repeating questions that already have answers.
 
Welcome! The lab testing section contains some quite interesting information. Posting isn't allowed for you there, but it's worth a read.
 
7.62fmj said:

Welcome! The lab testing section contains some quite interesting information. Posting isn't allowed for you there, but it's worth a read.
Thanks for the heads up, that's useful. I'll begin with that section.
 
Back
Top