New member from the UK saying hello

bigbaldy

Explorer
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
United Kingdom
Hello 🙂

My weight loss journey began over 3 years ago, back when I weighed 217kg (I'm aware those are scary figures). The moment that shook me into action was a diagnosis of severe Sleep Apnoea, along with being issued a CPAP machine. That led me to drop roughly 57kg, reaching 160kg, at which point I put some back on and hit a plateau. Then I went on Mounjaro via a private UK prescription, and across a year I got down to 130kg while titrating up to 15mg (the maximum dose). For several months my weight barely budged, and I couldn't justify the cost (more than ÂŁ300 each month). Obviously I've had to completely rework my lifestyle and eating patterns to lose close to 90kg in total (though by now I've regained at least 10kg). I do weight training 4 times per week, plus cardio as many as 3 times per week. I've been off the Tirz since June this year and my appetite has been a struggle, which I guess was to be expected.

I gave Reta a go, obtained from a UK reseller online, but I took just 0.5mg one time and spent a few days afterwards feeling very anxious and jittery, with none of the appetite or hunger suppression I was expecting (even at that tiny dose), so I haven't touched it again. I'd really like to restart Tirz, but through conventional online (UK) pharmacies the price feels like extortion. Since I work in health care, reconstitution and calculations are no issue (and I still have a decent supply of insulin syringes from when I began Reta). I never thought of myself as an anxious type, but that reta experience has put me off trying any more risky pins!

Edit: I should have mentioned that once I dropped below 150kg I was Un-Diagnosed (if that's even a thing) from the Sleep Apnoea! For reference, I'm 6ft 1in tall, Male, in my mid-late 30s and fairly broad 🙂
 
Back
Top