New member from the UK, previously on MJ, now looking at Reta

Cornholio

Explorer
Joined
Sep 5, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Hi all,

Last year I spent 6 months on official MJ and it worked well. Then the price hikes came in December and I stopped. Over roughly a year, every pound I'd lost came back.

Last night I took my first Reta shot at 2mg. I can't say I've noticed anything yet - from what I recall, the morning after my very first MJ injection I actually had to remind myself to eat. That said, I'm treating this as a marathon rather than a sprint, and I really want to avoid repeating my MJ mistakes. Mainly that meant leaning on the

jabs to shed weight while never bringing exercise into my routine or building healthy habits that would stick after coming off. I'd assumed I could remain on MJ indefinitely, but the rising prices killed that idea.

EDITED_

Cheers for reading my TED Talk.
 
Welcome Cornhole.

Hearing how Reta works out for you should be interesting. It's been in my routine for a year now and the results have been very effective. No other peptides have ever been part of my routine. What was your experience with MJ like? Did your hunger pangs get muted and did you feel full all the time? By asking people who have tried them, I am trying to learn the real world difference with semaglutide, terzepatide and retatrutide. Knowing the pros and cons, or whether they are all pretty much the same, would be helpful.
 
Worthy88 said:

Welcome Cornhole.

Hearing how Reta works out for you should be interesting. It's been in my routine for a year now and the results have been very effective. No other peptides have ever been part of my routine. What was your experience with MJ like? Did your hunger pangs get muted and did you feel full all the time? By asking people who have tried them, I am trying to learn the real world difference with semaglutide, terzepatide and retatrutide. Knowing the pros and cons, or whether they are all pretty much the same, would be helpful.
Starting the day after my very first injection, MJ completely wiped out my appetite. I moved up through the doses quite fast, and the pounds came off quickly. Looking back, a slower approach would have served me better, along with adding some weight training and running so the loss would stick. That's the approach I intend to follow with reta.
 
Worthy88 said:

Based on your own experience with the two of them, does Reta come across any differently compared to how MJ felt?
I'm only at the very beginning with reta - Saturday was my first injection, and it's clearly doing something. Appetite suppression shows up on reta too, though there's one subtle distinction: MJ shut my hunger down completely, to the point that on day 2 of MJ I had to remind myself to eat, whereas on reta it's more like sure, I notice some hunger, but I'm not bothered about delaying food - I can hold off until lunch, until dinner, and so on.

A direct head-to-head comparison isn't really possible though. For one, I've had just a single reta jab, and for another, MJ was my introduction to GLP meds, so everything was unfamiliar back then. What reta has definitely done is remove that "I have to eat right now" sensation - since Saturday, when I took my first dose, I haven't gone near the snack cupboard even once. My shifts are long and I haven't needed to buy any additional food beyond what I bring along, so it's already cutting my costs.

One worry I had was that switching from a high MJ dose to reta would mean the starting reta dose wouldn't do anything, but that doesn't appear to be how it's playing out - though it could also be down to the fact that it's been close to a year since I last used GLP meds.
 
Hello and thanks for the welcome! I've also used a bit of mounjaro before, but it didn't really sit well with me, and it's expensive to keep going when a pen runs 200+. I'm hoping Reta will let me give this another shot...
 
flabbyguy said:

Hello and thanks for the welcome! I've also used a bit of mounjaro before, but it didn't really sit well with me, and it's expensive to keep going when a pen runs 200+. I'm hoping Reta will let me give this another shot...
Yeah, those price increases hit hard, but looking back it may have worked out for the best, since it led me here - if I'd stayed on MJ I doubt I'd have gone searching for anything.
 
Same situation here — MJ is getting too pricey for me, so my plan is to move over to Tirzepatide since the cost ends up lower. Plenty of folks I know are on Reta, but after a recent heart scare I'm not willing to push my luck, given what I've read about Reta raising heart rate.
 
Back
Top