New member from Texas saying hello

Elilin1117

Explorer
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
OKLAHOMA
Hi everyone, I'm just getting started and learning how this research process works. I'm a 41-year-old male, carrying extra weight, and I train jujitsu 3 times per week. I want to look into options that can support me as I work toward better health and feeling improved.
 
Elilin1117 said:

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started and learning how this research process works. I'm a 41-year-old male, carrying extra weight, and I train jujitsu 3 times per week. I want to look into options that can support me as I work toward better health and feeling improved.
Howdy! If you haven't already gone down this path, you're standing right at the entrance to a seriously deep rabbit hole lol.

Is weight-loss your only focus, or are there other goals or conditions you're dealing with? Besides jujitsu, are you doing any resistance training? Chances are you'll get asked about your diet a lot too.

Since you're active and want to keep glycogen stores up for training, folks will likely push Reta. My advice: research thoroughly before you buy anything, and look for independent testing results. And don't sleep on plain old Tirzepitide either. It's quite a bit cheaper and, in my opinion, easier to source at good quality.

Whatever you end up with, begin at a low dose and titrate up gradually. Don't let those "I lost 10 lb in 5 days!" posts get you down. No matter what the scale shows, hold onto as much muscle as you can.
 
Elilin1117 said:

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started and learning how this research process works. I'm a 41-year-old male, carrying extra weight, and I train jujitsu 3 times per week. I want to look into options that can support me as I work toward better health and feeling improved.
glad to have you here, a few years back I competed in a fair amount of Jujitsu tournaments
 
rch02474 said:

Elilin1117 said:

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started and learning how this research process works. I'm a 41-year-old male, carrying extra weight, and I train jujitsu 3 times per week. I want to look into options that can support me as I work toward better health and feeling improved.
Howdy! If you haven't already gone down this path, you're standing right at the entrance to a seriously deep rabbit hole lol.

Is weight-loss your only focus, or are there other goals or conditions you're dealing with? Besides jujitsu, are you doing any resistance training? Chances are you'll get asked about your diet a lot too.

Since you're active and want to keep glycogen stores up for training, folks will likely push Reta. My advice: research thoroughly before you buy anything, and look for independent testing results. And don't sleep on plain old Tirzepitide either. It's quite a bit cheaper and, in my opinion, easier to source at good quality.

Whatever you end up with, begin at a low dose and titrate up gradually. Don't let those "I lost 10 lb in 5 days!" posts get you down. No matter what the scale shows, hold onto as much muscle as you can.
Appreciate it — I’ve been checking out Reta, though I’ve already spent a couple months on keto and the results have been pretty solid. From what I’m seeing, Reta supposedly requires carbs, but I haven’t made up my mind on that. Really enjoying what I’ve found on this site so far.
 
Elilin1117 said:

rch02474 said:

Elilin1117 said:

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started and learning how this research process works. I'm a 41-year-old male, carrying extra weight, and I train jujitsu 3 times per week. I want to look into options that can support me as I work toward better health and feeling improved.
Howdy! If you haven't already gone down this path, you're standing right at the entrance to a seriously deep rabbit hole lol.

Is weight-loss your only focus, or are there other goals or conditions you're dealing with? Besides jujitsu, are you doing any resistance training? Chances are you'll get asked about your diet a lot too.

Since you're active and want to keep glycogen stores up for training, folks will likely push Reta. My advice: research thoroughly before you buy anything, and look for independent testing results. And don't sleep on plain old Tirzepitide either. It's quite a bit cheaper and, in my opinion, easier to source at good quality.

Whatever you end up with, begin at a low dose and titrate up gradually. Don't let those "I lost 10 lb in 5 days!" posts get you down. No matter what the scale shows, hold onto as much muscle as you can.
Appreciate it — I’ve been checking out Reta, though I’ve already spent a couple months on keto and the results have been pretty solid. From what I’m seeing, Reta supposedly requires carbs, but I haven’t made up my mind on that. Really enjoying what I’ve found on this site so far.
The idea that "reta needs carbs" doesn't sit well with me at all, though I can see a case where pairing a ketogenic diet with a glucagon receptor agonist wouldn't be ideal in certain scenarios. The safer route, in my view, is to begin with tirz. It costs less, and from what little I've seen, locating a good-quality kit appears simpler.

At relatively low doses, SS-31 and MOTS-C have given my energy levels a boost. What's also notable is that my ketone readings appear to improve with them. Normally, even with very few carbs, my ketones would sit quite low (0.5-1 mmol/L). While on Tirz, I'm near 2ish. When taking SS-31 and MOTS-C, I'm usually in the 3s. On days I use MOTS-C, my energy is clearly higher.
 
Hello & Welcome! For the past 6 weeks I've been taking reta, and I'm down 20+lbs. I started at 253lbs, and now I've finally reached 231. As for activity, I take regular walks with my family around the park, roughly an hour each time. I do meal prep, and because reta reduces appetite and helps you feel full sooner, I've found that 120g of rice/quinoa/pasta paired with 140g of chicken/ground turkey gives me a low kcal (450 - 500) meal containing nearly 50g of protein. I include 85g of broccoli for fiber. By fitting in 3 - 4 meals, I hit a protein target of 150-200g of protein; this has worked really well and I don't feel like im starving myself. been on this journey and I am finally heading in the right direction and have full control. Reta also controlled my food noise I no longer think about my next meal or making mulitple trips to fridge. Ive had a horrible relationship with food till I started reta. Wishing you all the success !!
 
Elilin1117 said:

rch02474 said:

Elilin1117 said:

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started and learning how this research process works. I'm a 41-year-old male, carrying extra weight, and I train jujitsu 3 times per week. I want to look into options that can support me as I work toward better health and feeling improved.
Howdy! If you haven't already gone down this path, you're standing right at the entrance to a seriously deep rabbit hole lol.

Is weight-loss your only focus, or are there other goals or conditions you're dealing with? Besides jujitsu, are you doing any resistance training? Chances are you'll get asked about your diet a lot too.

Since you're active and want to keep glycogen stores up for training, folks will likely push Reta. My advice: research thoroughly before you buy anything, and look for independent testing results. And don't sleep on plain old Tirzepitide either. It's quite a bit cheaper and, in my opinion, easier to source at good quality.

Whatever you end up with, begin at a low dose and titrate up gradually. Don't let those "I lost 10 lb in 5 days!" posts get you down. No matter what the scale shows, hold onto as much muscle as you can.
Appreciate it — I’ve been checking out Reta, though I’ve already spent a couple months on keto and the results have been pretty solid. From what I’m seeing, Reta supposedly requires carbs, but I haven’t made up my mind on that. Really enjoying what I’ve found on this site so far.
Everyone reacts to diets in their own way, I get that. Back when I was fasting, exercising, and avoiding carbs, things went smoothly for me. How many months into Reta I was, I honestly can't say, but it became clear my body lacked fuel, so carbs had to come back in. I didn't do anything extreme like a carb load—just upped my carb intake—and now I feel more even-keeled and regular. Those carbs you consume will definitely get burned through by your body.
 
Back
Top