New here, ready to soak up knowledge (and I've run out of gum)

SailorGuy

Explorer
Joined
Aug 24, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
HouTX
Hey everyone,

At 58, I just walked away from a high-pressure, extremely sedentary IT career. Standing 6' 2" and weighing 282lbs with the classic Dilbert physique, it hit me that if retirement was going to be enjoyable, my whole way of living had to change. For years, stress eating was my love language, and even after the stress disappeared, food noise kept screaming inside my head. A few buddies kept telling me to look into GLP1s, but I brushed it off as hype. Then my son in law let slip that he was micro-dosing Tirz, so I decided to test the waters. About 5 months ago I joined a telehealth outfit that works with a US compounding pharmacy and began titrating up on Tirz.

Honestly, wow. The way it quiets food noise and lets me eat with intention, without any sense of missing out, has left me stunned. I've attempted "eating right" more times than I can count, but the cravings for unhealthy stuff in ridiculous amounts never quit, whether it's carbs, sugar, fat, or alcohol, it's always overboard. Tirz wiped out that fixation, and now I'm hungry for more knowledge.

I've been digging into Tirz and other peptides through Google and Reddit, but as everyone here knows, the internet is a bad neighborhood. These days half the posts on Facebook and Insta push cheap GLPs and USA made research peptides from sites whose IANA registration dates are from last month. SO. MANY. SCAMMERS.

That's why I'm here, hunting for solid info from actual humans.

Right now I'm down 40lbs in 5 months, with a first target of 220, though I'll reassess how I feel once I'm there. Tirz isn't the only change I've made. I'm back in the gym doing light strength training to remind my muscles and tendons what they're for, plus walking 2-5 miles daily to build cardio and hold onto muscle mass. I've managed to ditch my BP meds and my sleep apnea has basically vanished. My cholesterol numbers had the Doc ready to prescribe statins, but my July labs came back in normal range after 2 years of out-of-range LDL and HDL.

And if you caught the "They Live" nod in the subject line, I'm hoping you all have the glasses so I can see the truth 🙂
 
SailorGuy said:

Hey everyone,

At 58, I just walked away from a high-pressure, extremely sedentary IT career. Standing 6' 2" and weighing 282lbs with the classic Dilbert physique, it hit me that if retirement was going to be enjoyable, my whole way of living had to change. For years, stress eating was my love language, and even after the stress disappeared, food noise kept screaming inside my head. A few buddies kept telling me to look into GLP1s, but I brushed it off as hype. Then my son in law let slip that he was micro-dosing Tirz, so I decided to test the waters. About 5 months ago I joined a telehealth outfit that works with a US compounding pharmacy and began titrating up on Tirz.

Honestly, wow. The way it quiets food noise and lets me eat with intention, without any sense of missing out, has left me stunned. I've attempted "eating right" more times than I can count, but the cravings for unhealthy stuff in ridiculous amounts never quit, whether it's carbs, sugar, fat, or alcohol, it's always overboard. Tirz wiped out that fixation, and now I'm hungry for more knowledge.

I've been digging into Tirz and other peptides through Google and Reddit, but as everyone here knows, the internet is a bad neighborhood. These days half the posts on Facebook and Insta push cheap GLPs and USA made research peptides from sites whose IANA registration dates are from last month. SO. MANY. SCAMMERS.

That's why I'm here, hunting for solid info from actual humans.

Right now I'm down 40lbs in 5 months, with a first target of 220, though I'll reassess how I feel once I'm there. Tirz isn't the only change I've made. I'm back in the gym doing light strength training to remind my muscles and tendons what they're for, plus walking 2-5 miles daily to build cardio and hold onto muscle mass. I've managed to ditch my BP meds and my sleep apnea has basically vanished. My cholesterol numbers had the Doc ready to prescribe statins, but my July labs came back in normal range after 2 years of out-of-range LDL and HDL.

And if you caught the "They Live" nod in the subject line, I'm hoping you all have the glasses so I can see the truth 🙂
Wow, major props for turning your life around like that! It's great that tirz has been able to smooth out some of the journey for you. I'm not sure anyone in this community holds all the answers, but if such a person exists, I hope you cross paths with them : )
 
Brave Monique said:

Honestly, I think you’re great, and I really hope you find whatever you’re after here 😉
Appreciate it! No complaints so far.

AngieHolmes said:

SailorGuy said:

Hey everyone,

At 58, I just walked away from a high-pressure, extremely sedentary IT career. Standing 6' 2" and weighing 282lbs with the classic Dilbert physique, it hit me that if retirement was going to be enjoyable, my whole way of living had to change. For years, stress eating was my love language, and even after the stress disappeared, food noise kept screaming inside my head. A few buddies kept telling me to look into GLP1s, but I brushed it off as hype. Then my son in law let slip that he was micro-dosing Tirz, so I decided to test the waters. About 5 months ago I joined a telehealth outfit that works with a US compounding pharmacy and began titrating up on Tirz.

Honestly, wow. The way it quiets food noise and lets me eat with intention, without any sense of missing out, has left me stunned. I've attempted "eating right" more times than I can count, but the cravings for unhealthy stuff in ridiculous amounts never quit, whether it's carbs, sugar, fat, or alcohol, it's always overboard. Tirz wiped out that fixation, and now I'm hungry for more knowledge.

I've been digging into Tirz and other peptides through Google and Reddit, but as everyone here knows, the internet is a bad neighborhood. These days half the posts on Facebook and Insta push cheap GLPs and USA made research peptides from sites whose IANA registration dates are from last month. SO. MANY. SCAMMERS.

That's why I'm here, hunting for solid info from actual humans.

Right now I'm down 40lbs in 5 months, with a first target of 220, though I'll reassess how I feel once I'm there. Tirz isn't the only change I've made. I'm back in the gym doing light strength training to remind my muscles and tendons what they're for, plus walking 2-5 miles daily to build cardio and hold onto muscle mass. I've managed to ditch my BP meds and my sleep apnea has basically vanished. My cholesterol numbers had the Doc ready to prescribe statins, but my July labs came back in normal range after 2 years of out-of-range LDL and HDL.

And if you caught the "They Live" nod in the subject line, I'm hoping you all have the glasses so I can see the truth 🙂
Wow, major props for turning your life around like that! It's great that tirz has been able to smooth out some of the journey for you. I'm not sure anyone in this community holds all the answers, but if such a person exists, I hope you cross paths with them : )
Thank you! Those changes were overdue. Looking back, it's wild how much "fear of change" kept me stuck for years. My spouse was the one who finally got me to do the trust fall, and honestly it's been a life-altering shift in the best possible way.

I've been hanging around forums since the BBS days, back when you had to know the phone number to dial in, lol. Sure, you run into a wide range of opinions and you've got to sort the wheat from the chaff yourself, but by and large they're full of actual people, and the AI BOTs and shill farms tend to get modded out fast, which is kind of like e-tirz for post noise if ya know what I mean 🙂

Reddit is solid for digging into certain topics, but it's so massive and covers so many subjects that the moderation is heavy and the rules block talking about things I can pick up in a spot like this. So maybe it isn't "The Truth", but it beats what I had before I showed up here, so thanks to everyone!
 
It's great that your spouse is such a good influence on you, and even better that you're open to it! The phrase e-tirz is perfect—it really captures it. Wishing you more and more wonderful things ahead.
 
Back
Top