New here — hello from Michigan

Carguy123

Explorer
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
The reason I signed up is that my recent research has felt like one big loop with no progress. Quick facts about me: 34 years old, male, 5’10”, 252 pounds right now. Roughly 5 years back I was at 305 pounds, and the weight came off gradually until roughly 12 months ago, when I hit a plateau around 250.

My sleep seems to give me nothing back, if that makes any sense. I’ve been napping a lot and still wake up exhausted. The other day I even dozed off inside a movie theater.

My doctor prescribed tirz, but with no health insurance the cost ran over 300 a month. I used it 1 time and spent a week with diarrhea, so I quit. Someone told me the dose was simply off, so I might give it another shot.

He refuses to even test me for trt therapy, saying I’m too young. I’m thinking about a stack of Reta plus hgh and trt.
 
Welcome! Before you begin stacking, I would give tirz another shot at a reduced dose to check whether you can handle it, and then work your way upward. Check around for cheaper options through telehealth/compounding pharmacies and grey market sources. Allow your body a few months to get used to GLP1s. After that, you may have a clearer sense of whether an extra GLP is needed.

hgh and trt aren't areas I know much about, but other members here do. My suggestion is to read through everything on the front page and forums. Doing that will help you get familiar with people who share your interests. For the specific terms you're curious about, the search bar comes in handy. Best of luck!
 
Hi everyone, there’s a ton of material on this site, plus I’ve gotten into a few discords and whats app groups. Lots of folks here know their stuff and share firsthand stories about what helped them and what didn’t. For me, I went with the Reta route because it looked like the best fit. I’m roughly 3 weeks in and have lost 15 pounds. I also began walking and eating right, which is really pushing me toward better life choices.
 
Glad you made it. That research rabbit hole really does pull you in. What's the first thing you're hoping to nail down?
 
AngieHolmes said:

Welcome! Before you begin stacking, I would give tirz another shot at a reduced dose to check whether you can handle it, and then work your way upward. Check around for cheaper options through telehealth/compounding pharmacies and grey market sources. Allow your body a few months to get used to GLP1s. After that, you may have a clearer sense of whether an extra GLP is needed.

hgh and trt aren't areas I know much about, but other members here do. My suggestion is to read through everything on the front page and forums. Doing that will help you get familiar with people who share your interests. For the specific terms you're curious about, the search bar comes in handy. Best of luck!
Great, I appreciate the tip.
 
Yoyo405 said:

Hi everyone, there’s a ton of material on this site, plus I’ve gotten into a few discords and whats app groups. Lots of folks here know their stuff and share firsthand stories about what helped them and what didn’t. For me, I went with the Reta route because it looked like the best fit. I’m roughly 3 weeks in and have lost 15 pounds. I also began walking and eating right, which is really pushing me toward better life choices.
Before picking another glp, I want to look into it further — though this round I might go with Reta rather than tirz. So far, all I've come across regarding Reta has been positive. That's awesome — dropping 5 pounds weekly is incredible.
 
PepBoss1 said:

Glad you made it. That research rabbit hole really does pull you in. What's the first thing you're hoping to nail down?
Getting Reta online isn't much of a hassle for me, so that's likely where I'll begin — or I might just use up the tirz that's still sitting in my fridge. Which one do you think I should go with first? Just so you have the details: my tirz is compounded with niacinamide (2mg) at 17/2 mg/ml, and for my first and only shot I was instructed to draw 25 units. 3 days after injecting, the vomiting started and diarrhea lasted a week. These days I've got ptsd from tirz, but I'd consider giving it another shot if somebody can help me work out a safe number of units to draw.
 
Dose calculators such as https://cellgenic.com/peptide-calculator/ let you express things in absolute values (for example, 17mg / 2ml) rather than units, since units aren't standardized. Your solution is somewhat atypical; usually it's a round figure such as 20mg/3ml. In any event, for you 25 units equaled 2 mg. That was too much in your case.

Given your situation, I'd drop to 1mg (12.5 units) or perhaps lower (.5mg, 6.25) so a bad reaction becomes less likely. If you aren't feeling strong effects, that's good! It means your dose is tolerable. Remain at that level for 4 doses / weeks, and afterward, if it's tolerated, increase to .75 if the effects you're after (such as food noise / appetite suppression, weight loss) aren't showing up.

Getting this fundamental math straight matters a lot, because it lets you speak a language others understand -- meaning mg instead of units. Your path will be smoother and less likely to lead to an OD. Best of luck!
 
Bloodwork is where you begin. Ideally you already have a complete workup done, since that is the first thing you have to know. There is simply a firm requirement: bloodwork comes before any conversation about GLP-1 or HRT for everyone.
 
AngieHolmes said:

Dose calculators such as https://cellgenic.com/peptide-calculator/ let you express things in absolute values (for example, 17mg / 2ml) rather than units, since units aren't standardized. Your solution is somewhat atypical; usually it's a round figure such as 20mg/3ml. In any event, for you 25 units equaled 2 mg. That was too much in your case.

Given your situation, I'd drop to 1mg (12.5 units) or perhaps lower (.5mg, 6.25) so a bad reaction becomes less likely. If you aren't feeling strong effects, that's good! It means your dose is tolerable. Remain at that level for 4 doses / weeks, and afterward, if it's tolerated, increase to .75 if the effects you're after (such as food noise / appetite suppression, weight loss) aren't showing up.

Getting this fundamental math straight matters a lot, because it lets you speak a language others understand -- meaning mg instead of units. Your path will be smoother and less likely to lead to an OD. Best of luck!
Got it, I really appreciate you sharing that. This morning I went ahead with 10 units. Fingers crossed.
 
Just A Cat said:

Bloodwork is where you begin. Ideally you already have a complete workup done, since that is the first thing you have to know. There is simply a firm requirement: bloodwork comes before any conversation about GLP-1 or HRT for everyone.
I went and got bloodwork done recently, however my doctor refused to check my trt. He only ran tests for vitamins and similar things, and vitamin d turned out to be the only deficiency. So now I'm taking a vitamin d pill. Does anyone have ideas about where or how I could get complete bloodwork done without spending too much?
 
Carguy123 said:

Just A Cat said:

Bloodwork is where you begin. Ideally you already have a complete workup done, since that is the first thing you have to know. There is simply a firm requirement: bloodwork comes before any conversation about GLP-1 or HRT for everyone.
I went and got bloodwork done recently, however my doctor refused to check my trt. He only ran tests for vitamins and similar things, and vitamin d turned out to be the only deficiency. So now I'm taking a vitamin d pill. Does anyone have ideas about where or how I could get complete bloodwork done without spending too much?
When it comes to labwork, goodlabs.com is my go-to, and I've had a great experience with them.
 
I gave tirz a try for 2 weeks at a reduced dose, but as of today my girlfriend and I have both switched over to Reta. My starting dose was 1.2mg, while my girlfriend — who is 5’ tall and weighs 128 pounds — began at .6mg. Does anyone have tips for reducing side effects? Is there anything we ought to avoid? Are there any vitamins or supplements we should be taking?
 
Do you work out on a consistent basis? Once I started lifting weights and going for walks, my results along with my mental and physical well-being got much better.
 
snowir said:

Do you work out on a consistent basis? Once I started lifting weights and going for walks, my results along with my mental and physical well-being got much better.
Right now I get in a workout roughly 2-3 times per week. I'm with you — on the days I train, I notice a big difference in how I feel.
 
Carguy123 said:

I gave tirz a try for 2 weeks at a reduced dose, but as of today my girlfriend and I have both switched over to Reta. My starting dose was 1.2mg, while my girlfriend — who is 5’ tall and weighs 128 pounds — began at .6mg. Does anyone have tips for reducing side effects? Is there anything we ought to avoid? Are there any vitamins or supplements we should be taking?
Avoid anything fried or greasy. Keep your fluid intake up. Watch how your body reacts and let that guide you. The roughest side effects for me showed up on reta 4mg, though I continue using it, only reduced. When that initial dose doesn't sit right, the early phase can involve plenty of trial and error. "Start low and go slow" is a good mantra ; )
 
Back
Top