MoppingTheRain
Explorer
Howdy gang,
I'm a 55-year-old guy, 6'2", and I'm finally crawling out of a stretch of being almost completely sedentary that lasted an embarrassingly long time — multiple decades, in fact — along with a similarly long run as a semi-pro recreational eater. The highest number I ever caught on the scale was 297, though I figure that just means I never happened to weigh myself on the days I crossed 300. My PCP pushed me toward tirzepatide, but I put it off for a while on account of a lifelong needle phobia. Eventually I gave in, and thank God for the absolutely brilliant crew at Lily who came up with the autoinjector! These days I handle my own injections, and only four months ago that would have been unthinkable. I'm now down ~45lbs (roughly 45 to go), my eating habits have changed (big one: being able to tell the difference between wanting a dopamine hit and actually being hungry), and I'm getting exercise playing volleyball with friends from work. I even paid for a gym membership, which I haven't used yet, but it won't go to waste. Tirz has done a great job for me, but reta interests me because of the increased fat burning. Doc is 100% in favor of me trying it. Peptides for metabolism, muscle growth, and healing / recovery interest me a lot too, and doc is also on board with me trying them if I want to. Super glad to have a doc who thinks outside the box and treats me like a grown up.
Thanks for having me, looking forward to good conversations and learning more.
Cheers!
I'm a 55-year-old guy, 6'2", and I'm finally crawling out of a stretch of being almost completely sedentary that lasted an embarrassingly long time — multiple decades, in fact — along with a similarly long run as a semi-pro recreational eater. The highest number I ever caught on the scale was 297, though I figure that just means I never happened to weigh myself on the days I crossed 300. My PCP pushed me toward tirzepatide, but I put it off for a while on account of a lifelong needle phobia. Eventually I gave in, and thank God for the absolutely brilliant crew at Lily who came up with the autoinjector! These days I handle my own injections, and only four months ago that would have been unthinkable. I'm now down ~45lbs (roughly 45 to go), my eating habits have changed (big one: being able to tell the difference between wanting a dopamine hit and actually being hungry), and I'm getting exercise playing volleyball with friends from work. I even paid for a gym membership, which I haven't used yet, but it won't go to waste. Tirz has done a great job for me, but reta interests me because of the increased fat burning. Doc is 100% in favor of me trying it. Peptides for metabolism, muscle growth, and healing / recovery interest me a lot too, and doc is also on board with me trying them if I want to. Super glad to have a doc who thinks outside the box and treats me like a grown up.
Thanks for having me, looking forward to good conversations and learning more.
Cheers!