New forum, new me — an introduction

yehaha

Explorer
Joined
Oct 2, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Syd
Hi everyone,

I’m in my mid-30s, and I decided that now is as good a moment as any to get started.

For the past 3 months I’ve been dipping my toes in, soaking up whatever information I could and figuring out what actually works in my case. The early results have left me pleased, and they’ve certainly sparked a desire to keep digging.

At this stage I’m ready to go a little further, continue building my knowledge and play a bigger part in managing my own health and deciding what comes next.

I can’t wait to pick things up from all of you, swap stories from my own path and find out where this road leads.
 
Hi everyone, I'm Jimzhiyan. Since this is a brand-new community, I figured I'd introduce myself.

I'm here mainly to swap knowledge with the rest of you🙂
 
You mentioned that you're pleased with how things have gone so far,

Would you be open to telling us what you used, or are you talking about reading up on things?

In any case, a warm welcome to you! There is plenty here to pick up and take in!
 
Sure, I don't mind going into it. Being a larger bloke has always been my build, and my job is hands-on with tools, so staying active has mostly come naturally. Then I did a fair bit of damage to my knee, and across 12 months I gained roughly 20kg. Even after rehab started and I eased back into work, staying on top of the weight felt impossible.

A mate suggested Reta, and once I'd read up on it I thought I'd try it. Progress was slow for the first 2 weeks or so, but at the 3-month mark I've lost 12kg and my strength is coming back too, so I'm pleased with where things are at.

When I was younger I put my body through a lot, so now I try to focus on preventative maintenance and taking care of myself over the long haul. Compared with the way I was raised, that's a strange idea — back then you just kept going until something gave out 😂

Lately I've also been reading about BPC-157 and TB-500 as a way of dealing with the injury. It's still very early, so I can't say whether they've changed anything yet.

All up, I don't consider these things "cheating." To me they're just one more tool, sitting alongside rehab, training and better decisions. Time moves in one direction only, and I want to get the most out of mine. There's a lot left to learn, and that's exactly why I'm here.
 
Back
Top