New Brunswick First Supply Order — Seeking Input

WLBLD

Explorer
Joined
Jan 30, 2026
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
Brand new to this & I've read extensively so I'm as informed as I can be. Came across a supplier site while browsing threads on here.

Would any of the more experienced folks mind reviewing my list of supplies & pointing out anything I've left off? I've researched each item & just want to be certain (any time I place an order I inevitably end up going back & redoing it — don't want to slip up, ha ha). Thanks so much in advance!

2 refillable pens

5pk pen cartridges **I have to swap this out with each refill, correct?

Pen needles 32g 4mm x100

Hospira Sodium Chloride 30ml **I read that this reduces injection pain? Not using it alongside, just as an alternative

Hospira Bac water 30ml

BD Blunt fill needle w filter x5 **Does having this mean I don't need separate filters for filtering? Is it disposable after one use?

3ml Luer Lock syringe barrels x5 **Is this disposable after one use?

Luer Lock Syringe Tips x5 30g 1/2"

BD Precision Glide Syringe x5 25g 3CC 1"

Insulin syringes x25 31g 8mm **Just in case I wind up needing them

I was sure there was more in my cart (I recall the total being higher) but I restarted my computer, naturally, & had to begin again.

Thanks for taking a look at this & for any suggestions. Much appreciated!! 🙂
 
Regarding the NaCl BAC, I have no information -- perhaps someone with experience using it could share their thoughts.

As for the filtered needles, I'm also unsure. The filter material isn't specified anywhere I can find, and it's rated at 5 micron. My own choice is Tisch 0.22 micron PES filters (PES being the protein-sparing filter medium).
 
Blunt needle filters aren't necessary unless your compound comes in an ampule. For filtering into pen cartridges, you'll want a different type of filter — 22 micron PES, in whatever size you prefer, typically 4 mm or 13 mm.

As for the reconstitution medium, that depends on which peptides you're working with (BAC works fine for most standard peps).

My recommendation: figure out which peps you plan to research first, then build your supply list around those compounds once you've placed your order.

And I'll put this as gently as I can — there's a lot more reading ahead of you. Syringes get discarded after every single use, including the ones you only use to draw BAC. Cartridges get discarded once they're used up and empty. You really need to dig deeper into sterility practices. There are plenty of excellent resources and video links out there covering the reconstitution and filtering process.
 
WLBLD said:

Brand new to this & I've read extensively so I'm as informed as I can be. Came across a supplier site while browsing threads on here.

Would any of the more experienced folks mind reviewing my list of supplies & pointing out anything I've left off? I've researched each item & just want to be certain (any time I place an order I inevitably end up going back & redoing it — don't want to slip up, ha ha). Thanks so much in advance!

2 refillable pens

5pk pen cartridges **I have to swap this out with each refill, correct?

Pen needles 32g 4mm x100

Hospira Sodium Chloride 30ml **I read that this reduces injection pain? Not using it alongside, just as an alternative

Hospira Bac water 30ml

BD Blunt fill needle w filter x5 **Does having this mean I don't need separate filters for filtering? Is it disposable after one use?

3ml Luer Lock syringe barrels x5 **Is this disposable after one use?

Luer Lock Syringe Tips x5 30g 1/2"

BD Precision Glide Syringe x5 25g 3CC 1"

Insulin syringes x25 31g 8mm **Just in case I wind up needing them

I was sure there was more in my cart (I recall the total being higher) but I restarted my computer, naturally, & had to begin again.

Thanks for taking a look at this & for any suggestions. Much appreciated!! 🙂
These serve a purpose with glass ampoules, where you have to snap off the top of the glass. A needle equipped with a 5 micron filter lets the liquid be drawn out while keeping glass fragments from entering the needle. They do not provide sterile filtering. For sterile filtering, you need to use the filters Not_Your_Dad referred to.
 
When placing your initial order for New Brunswick, remember to pick up a good sharps container as well. They cost very little, and having one at home makes things far safer for you and for the waste disposal workers who handle your trash!
 
CMA Pooky said:

Also include Alcohol Pads.
Sure you can, though my approach is to grab 70% isopropyl alcohol at Wal-Mart along with a spray bottle. A handful of sprays onto a cotton ball, then I use it for wiping down vial tops and getting skin ready. In my view it works out less expensive over time, and I'm about as frugal as they come 😛
 
For reconstitution, go with 1 1/2" needles. They reach the bottom of 3ml vials, which makes drawing everything up much simpler. If you're using pens, those are the only ones you'll need. Pick up 100.

As a rule, pen needles that are longer tend to be the recommended choice.
 
mercutio said:

For reconstitution, go with 1 1/2" needles. They reach the bottom of 3ml vials, which makes drawing everything up much simpler. If you're using pens, those are the only ones you'll need. Pick up 100.

As a rule, pen needles that are longer tend to be the recommended choice.

On Amazon, 400 alcohol wipes cost 5.50.
 
For anyone in New Brunswick putting together an initial order, my suggestion is injection shop dot com — pick up 1 of the pre-assembled kits there. It comes with all the supplies required for multiple vials. That way you start with a setup that's already known to work, and afterward you can reorder individual items whenever you run low.
 
chunkyTN said:

For anyone in New Brunswick putting together an initial order, my suggestion is injection shop dot com — pick up 1 of the pre-assembled kits there. It comes with all the supplies required for multiple vials. That way you start with a setup that's already known to work, and afterward you can reorder individual items whenever you run low.
That's precisely the route I took. Once I had the real supplies in front of me, everything clicked much better.
 
Thanks everyone for the replies — I genuinely appreciate it!! I'm still trying to choose between Tir and Reta. I should have made it clearer what these supplies are actually for.

Right, the site that was suggested on here doesn't carry a sharps bin, so I'm buying that from Amazon instead. It's not a item where I need the same level of sterility as the Hospira.

Separately, I also picked up a bigger box of sterile, individually wrapped alcohol pads, plus a lidocane lotion (scared of needles, ha ha).
 
WLBLD said:

Brand new to this & I've read extensively so I'm as informed as I can be. Came across a supplier site while browsing threads on here.

Would any of the more experienced folks mind reviewing my list of supplies & pointing out anything I've left off? I've researched each item & just want to be certain (any time I place an order I inevitably end up going back & redoing it — don't want to slip up, ha ha). Thanks so much in advance!

2 refillable pens

5pk pen cartridges **I have to swap this out with each refill, correct?

Pen needles 32g 4mm x100

Hospira Sodium Chloride 30ml **I read that this reduces injection pain? Not using it alongside, just as an alternative

Hospira Bac water 30ml

BD Blunt fill needle w filter x5 **Does having this mean I don't need separate filters for filtering? Is it disposable after one use?

3ml Luer Lock syringe barrels x5 **Is this disposable after one use?

Luer Lock Syringe Tips x5 30g 1/2"

BD Precision Glide Syringe x5 25g 3CC 1"

Insulin syringes x25 31g 8mm **Just in case I wind up needing them

I was sure there was more in my cart (I recall the total being higher) but I restarted my computer, naturally, & had to begin again.

Thanks for taking a look at this & for any suggestions. Much appreciated!! 🙂
That's saline. It doesn't work well for peptides. You want to stick with sterile water or bacteriostatic water.
 
krsct said:

WLBLD said:

Brand new to this & I've read extensively so I'm as informed as I can be. Came across a supplier site while browsing threads on here.

Would any of the more experienced folks mind reviewing my list of supplies & pointing out anything I've left off? I've researched each item & just want to be certain (any time I place an order I inevitably end up going back & redoing it — don't want to slip up, ha ha). Thanks so much in advance!

2 refillable pens

5pk pen cartridges **I have to swap this out with each refill, correct?

Pen needles 32g 4mm x100

Hospira Sodium Chloride 30ml **I read that this reduces injection pain? Not using it alongside, just as an alternative

Hospira Bac water 30ml

BD Blunt fill needle w filter x5 **Does having this mean I don't need separate filters for filtering? Is it disposable after one use?

3ml Luer Lock syringe barrels x5 **Is this disposable after one use?

Luer Lock Syringe Tips x5 30g 1/2"

BD Precision Glide Syringe x5 25g 3CC 1"

Insulin syringes x25 31g 8mm **Just in case I wind up needing them

I was sure there was more in my cart (I recall the total being higher) but I restarted my computer, naturally, & had to begin again.

Thanks for taking a look at this & for any suggestions. Much appreciated!! 🙂
That's saline. It doesn't work well for peptides. You want to stick with sterile water or bacteriostatic water.
Thanks! That helps 🙂
 
WLBLD said:

krsct said:

WLBLD said:

Brand new to this & I've read extensively so I'm as informed as I can be. Came across a supplier site while browsing threads on here.

Would any of the more experienced folks mind reviewing my list of supplies & pointing out anything I've left off? I've researched each item & just want to be certain (any time I place an order I inevitably end up going back & redoing it — don't want to slip up, ha ha). Thanks so much in advance!

2 refillable pens

5pk pen cartridges **I have to swap this out with each refill, correct?

Pen needles 32g 4mm x100

Hospira Sodium Chloride 30ml **I read that this reduces injection pain? Not using it alongside, just as an alternative

Hospira Bac water 30ml

BD Blunt fill needle w filter x5 **Does having this mean I don't need separate filters for filtering? Is it disposable after one use?

3ml Luer Lock syringe barrels x5 **Is this disposable after one use?

Luer Lock Syringe Tips x5 30g 1/2"

BD Precision Glide Syringe x5 25g 3CC 1"

Insulin syringes x25 31g 8mm **Just in case I wind up needing them

I was sure there was more in my cart (I recall the total being higher) but I restarted my computer, naturally, & had to begin again.

Thanks for taking a look at this & for any suggestions. Much appreciated!! 🙂
That's saline. It doesn't work well for peptides. You want to stick with sterile water or bacteriostatic water.
Thanks! That helps 🙂
Since no one broke it down for me, I ended up working it out on my own. The benzyl alcohol concentration in bacteriostatic water is 0.9%, and that ingredient stops anything from developing inside a vial that will be punctured more than once. Think of it as a small added safeguard against nasty contaminants. And to be clear, it won't cause stinging. That type of alcohol isn't the stinging kind.
 
chunkyTN said:

WLBLD said:

krsct said:

WLBLD said:

Brand new to this & I've read extensively so I'm as informed as I can be. Came across a supplier site while browsing threads on here.

Would any of the more experienced folks mind reviewing my list of supplies & pointing out anything I've left off? I've researched each item & just want to be certain (any time I place an order I inevitably end up going back & redoing it — don't want to slip up, ha ha). Thanks so much in advance!

2 refillable pens

5pk pen cartridges **I have to swap this out with each refill, correct?

Pen needles 32g 4mm x100

Hospira Sodium Chloride 30ml **I read that this reduces injection pain? Not using it alongside, just as an alternative

Hospira Bac water 30ml

BD Blunt fill needle w filter x5 **Does having this mean I don't need separate filters for filtering? Is it disposable after one use?

3ml Luer Lock syringe barrels x5 **Is this disposable after one use?

Luer Lock Syringe Tips x5 30g 1/2"

BD Precision Glide Syringe x5 25g 3CC 1"

Insulin syringes x25 31g 8mm **Just in case I wind up needing them

I was sure there was more in my cart (I recall the total being higher) but I restarted my computer, naturally, & had to begin again.

Thanks for taking a look at this & for any suggestions. Much appreciated!! 🙂
That's saline. It doesn't work well for peptides. You want to stick with sterile water or bacteriostatic water.
Thanks! That helps 🙂
Since no one broke it down for me, I ended up working it out on my own. The benzyl alcohol concentration in bacteriostatic water is 0.9%, and that ingredient stops anything from developing inside a vial that will be punctured more than once. Think of it as a small added safeguard against nasty contaminants. And to be clear, it won't cause stinging. That type of alcohol isn't the stinging kind.
I appreciate you explaining that to me as well. I was under the impression the sodium chloride contained that too, and that it reduced discomfort — I really don't know, ha ha 🙂
 
chunkyTN said:

For anyone in New Brunswick putting together an initial order, my suggestion is injection shop dot com — pick up 1 of the pre-assembled kits there. It comes with all the supplies required for multiple vials. That way you start with a setup that's already known to work, and afterward you can reorder individual items whenever you run low.
Also the top calculator.
 
chunkyTN said:

For anyone in New Brunswick putting together an initial order, my suggestion is injection shop dot com — pick up 1 of the pre-assembled kits there. It comes with all the supplies required for multiple vials. That way you start with a setup that's already known to work, and afterward you can reorder individual items whenever you run low.
I order from that vendor regularly, and forum members receive a minimum of 5% off. For genuine "H" brand BAC, their rate is the lowest I've come across. Peptide Test still gets some of my recon supply business, but comparing options and keeping a little extra cash is fine by me.
 
Not_Your_Dad said:

chunkyTN said:

For anyone in New Brunswick putting together an initial order, my suggestion is injection shop dot com — pick up 1 of the pre-assembled kits there. It comes with all the supplies required for multiple vials. That way you start with a setup that's already known to work, and afterward you can reorder individual items whenever you run low.
I order from that vendor regularly, and forum members receive a minimum of 5% off. For genuine "H" brand BAC, their rate is the lowest I've come across. Peptide Test still gets some of my recon supply business, but comparing options and keeping a little extra cash is fine by me.

I'm just starting out and required a pen, so I went with a different one that was suggested on here, goodies.
 
WLBLD said:

Not_Your_Dad said:

chunkyTN said:

For anyone in New Brunswick putting together an initial order, my suggestion is injection shop dot com — pick up 1 of the pre-assembled kits there. It comes with all the supplies required for multiple vials. That way you start with a setup that's already known to work, and afterward you can reorder individual items whenever you run low.
I order from that vendor regularly, and forum members receive a minimum of 5% off. For genuine "H" brand BAC, their rate is the lowest I've come across. Peptide Test still gets some of my recon supply business, but comparing options and keeping a little extra cash is fine by me.

I'm just starting out and required a pen, so I went with a different one that was suggested on here, goodies.

Once you've made your choice, tell me which type you go with. I'm still weighing my pen options, since I might end up pinning every day.
 
Back
Top