Need advice on concealing peptides at my in-laws' place

woundcarping said:

What kind of peptides are we talking about?

For Reta, I prepare a smaller travel vial so that the primary vial doesn't have to go through temperature swings, regardless of whether a fridge is available during the trip. If convenient, I'll also keep that short-lived vial at room temperature. For Reta in bac, 2 weeks at room temp isn't an extreme duration.

Another option: administer a dose prior to departure and again once you're back, which lowers the total amount you need and shifts the final injection date earlier than the endpoint, cutting down storage time.
My issue is the HGH — it needs to be injected nightly.
 
Grogu said:

Omxxl said:

Topshelf said:

Grab a small fridge for around $20 and set it up in your room.
I'll check out that kind of fridge, or alternatively I can just tell them I've got vitamins that have to stay cold.
Dragging a mini fridge along sounds like way too much hassle. The supplement tub from your first message is a solid idea. Chances are your in-laws have no clue that supplements generally don't go in the fridge — I sure didn't. Plus, some kind of supplement must need cooling, right? If they bring it up, just tell them these supplements are supposed to be refrigerated. Best of all, that's not a lie. Nothing to keep straight. They're your supplements, just not the ones printed on the label.

Omxxl said:

Topshelf said:

Grab a small fridge for around $20 and set it up in your room.
I'll check out that kind of fridge, or alternatively I can just tell them I've got vitamins that have to stay cold.
It's about as big as a shoebox, and it works with either a car outlet or a wall socket. I keep mine in my home gym, so guests never spot my peps, and I hook it up in the car during long drives. Probably should have called it a mini-mini fridge.
 
On Amazon you can find plenty of compact insulin coolers that run off USB. One such product resembles a small thermos. Leave it plugged in inside the room where you're sleeping. A portable battery pack is another option you could use. Hiding the remaining supplies (syringes, alcohol wipes, and so on) is likely trickier, though you can simply stash them in a bag inside your suitcase and bring all your trash back with you.




Amazon.com: Electric Insulin Cooler Travel Case ,USB Type-C Smart Cooling, 20000mAh Power Bank ,Large Capacity Medication Cooler,Medical Cooler for Travel (Blue,inclued 20000mAh Power Bank ) : Health & Household



Buy Electric Insulin Cooler Travel Case ,USB Type-C Smart Cooling, 20000mAh Power Bank ,Large Capacity Medication Cooler,Medical Cooler for Travel (Blue,inclued 20000mAh Power Bank ) on Amazon.com ✓ FREE SHIPPING on qualified orders

a.co
 
Omxxl said:

woundcarping said:

What kind of peptides are we talking about?

For Reta, I prepare a smaller travel vial so that the primary vial doesn't have to go through temperature swings, regardless of whether a fridge is available during the trip. If convenient, I'll also keep that short-lived vial at room temperature. For Reta in bac, 2 weeks at room temp isn't an extreme duration.

Another option: administer a dose prior to departure and again once you're back, which lowers the total amount you need and shifts the final injection date earlier than the endpoint, cutting down storage time.
My issue is the HGH — it needs to be injected nightly.
I was in the same situation as you, which is why I picked up an 'Insulin Travel Cooler' not long ago.

A £20 (uk) one turned up on vinted and it does the job perfectly. It stays USB-C connected inside my bag, and no one has a clue! You could also plug it into the mains so it's guaranteed to run non-stop.

EDIT - Ha, @Dos-Dox got there first! Same idea 😆 . Great minds!
 
Grab a Yeti thermos, load it up with ice, and drop the vials inside.

Simply add more ice every few days 👌🏼
 
An insulin travel cooler works well. Another route is to leave cold packs inside their fridge and rotate them a few times per day.

Putting your peps in the fridge would make me uneasy, since you can't predict when a curious person might poke around your "supplements"—and once they spot vials, they'll assume you're stashing drugs.
 
Calm Logic said:

Omxxl said:

Hey everyone!

Next month I'll be staying at my in-laws' house for a couple of weeks. My peptides have to go in the fridge, and I can't let anyone spot them — my wife is the only one who knows. Any suggestions on where to stash them? One thought I had was a supplement container, but that doesn't make sense because supplements don't require cold storage.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your advice!
If the goal is weight loss or keeping weight steady while staying at another person's place, orfo tablets would be the simplest option. That said, I realize you're also referring to peptides beyond a GLP such as reta.

Is there a spare fridge they rarely use? My guess is no, because that tends to be more common in America than in Europe.
Absolutely! This....the Basement Fridge!!!!
 
Omxxl said:

petros600 said:

I keep them in a thermos and write “insulin vials” on the label
They're aware that I don't have diabetes

Calm Logic said:

Omxxl said:

Hey everyone!

Next month I'll be staying at my in-laws' house for a couple of weeks. My peptides have to go in the fridge, and I can't let anyone spot them — my wife is the only one who knows. Any suggestions on where to stash them? One thought I had was a supplement container, but that doesn't make sense because supplements don't require cold storage.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your advice!
If the goal is weight loss or keeping weight steady while staying at another person's place, orfo tablets would be the simplest option. That said, I realize you're also referring to peptides beyond a GLP such as reta.

Is there a spare fridge they rarely use? My guess is no, because that tends to be more common in America than in Europe.
I need to keep reta and hgh safe, And in this area, a second fridge is almost unheard of in homes.
Honestly, around where I stay, that's practically a given for a garage fridge.
 
Omxxl said:

woundcarping said:

What kind of peptides are we talking about?

For Reta, I prepare a smaller travel vial so that the primary vial doesn't have to go through temperature swings, regardless of whether a fridge is available during the trip. If convenient, I'll also keep that short-lived vial at room temperature. For Reta in bac, 2 weeks at room temp isn't an extreme duration.

Another option: administer a dose prior to departure and again once you're back, which lowers the total amount you need and shifts the final injection date earlier than the endpoint, cutting down storage time.
My issue is the HGH — it needs to be injected nightly.
pretend it's your blood thinner ..... though that opens up the question of why you'd be prescribed blood thinners in the first place -
 
Omxxl said:

Hey everyone!

Next month I'll be staying at my in-laws' house for a couple of weeks. My peptides have to go in the fridge, and I can't let anyone spot them — my wife is the only one who knows. Any suggestions on where to stash them? One thought I had was a supplement container, but that doesn't make sense because supplements don't require cold storage.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your advice!
When visiting my wife's parents, my approach would be to dose everything in a single go.
 
Where else would I find this kind of support? My plan is to get a mini-fridge that has a USB port built in and keep everything inside it! Hahaha, you all come up with the wildest solutions!
 
BNLFL said:

Omxxl said:

petros600 said:

I keep them in a thermos and write “insulin vials” on the label
They're aware that I don't have diabetes

Calm Logic said:

Omxxl said:

Hey everyone!

Next month I'll be staying at my in-laws' house for a couple of weeks. My peptides have to go in the fridge, and I can't let anyone spot them — my wife is the only one who knows. Any suggestions on where to stash them? One thought I had was a supplement container, but that doesn't make sense because supplements don't require cold storage.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your advice!
If the goal is weight loss or keeping weight steady while staying at another person's place, orfo tablets would be the simplest option. That said, I realize you're also referring to peptides beyond a GLP such as reta.

Is there a spare fridge they rarely use? My guess is no, because that tends to be more common in America than in Europe.
I need to keep reta and hgh safe, And in this area, a second fridge is almost unheard of in homes.
Honestly, around where I stay, that's practically a given for a garage fridge.
I hear you, buddy—I used to live in Weston, Florida
 
So I picked up one of those small fridges. The majority claim they'll only drop 20º below room temp at most, but realistically it's closer to 10º steady. My bathroom catches the morning sun and was already reaching 75º F in early spring, and the fridge struggled to get below 55º. If you trust storage recommendations, anything stored above 40º in a fridge will break down. And for keeping lyophilized vials for the 'long haul,' the claim is you need -40º to -80º (those lab-grade freezers run 5-10k). I came across an interview on the Tubes talking about this exact topic with a lab that specifically tests peptides. Turns out most of those guidelines are total nonsense, written so the industry can CYA. My workplace has a lab for our products where we generate CofA's and GCMS data, but our equipment can't test peptides. The lab manager explained that once reconstituted, vials left at room temperature last at least 30 days, likely 6+ months, and lyophilized vials sitting in your garage are probably fine for 5 years. He also pointed out that if shaking peptides during reconstitution or rough handling destroyed them, humans would drop dead from the slightest bump, and if you saw how most lab samples are treated, it's nothing like the delicate handling people claim. Think about how this stuff gets shipped to you. You're not receiving peptides packed with refrigeration at -40º to your door, and they're certainly not doing that from China to the US or Europe. How long does this stuff sit in a container in peak summer baking in the sun before clearing customs and arriving at your door? You're more likely to contaminate it with bacteria when you pierce the vial, and that could cause problems, than the peptide itself going bad. I still keep my vials in the fridge and in the freezer before reconstituting, but if I were traveling like that, I'd just stash them somewhere reasonably cool away from sunlight and not worry about it.
 
Calm Logic said:

You could also invent a complete tale about needing heartburn pills (proton pump inhibitors), which drop your B12 down to risky, vegan-range lows, haha. Yet you just can't kick your dependence on those heartburn pills, since your wife's daughter's cooking can really wreak havoc on your GI tract, and you have no warning when she'll do it again—especially because she can't stand your cooking either. On top of that, the constant disputes over meal planning frequently end with nobody eating dinner, which pushes your B12 down even further.
That makes you my top pick at this point.
 
Back
Top