NAD+ usage guidance needed

m100568 said:

I don't think your question about buffering ever got a direct answer. Some time ago, NAD+ was being mixed to such an acidic state that it amounted to injecting acid, leading to severe reactions at the injection site, or possibly worse. The idea behind "buffering" was to achieve a more stable and usable pH.

From what I've seen, even products labeled as buffered tended to remain acidic. There are lengthy discussions about the ideal pH. Here's what Gemini AI has to say:

"Although NAD+ is most stable at lower pH levels, the human body's physiological pH is approximately 7.4.

  • Irritation Threshold: Injections with a pH below 3.0 or above 9.0 typically cause significant pain, burning, and tissue irritation at the site of administration.
  • Injection Site Comfort: A pH of 5.0 to 6.0 is generally tolerable for subcutaneous or intramuscular injections, providing a balance that preserves the potency of the NAD+ for several weeks (when refrigerated) without causing severe discomfort."

Sadly, I've ended up testing and tweaking every batch of NAD+ I've gotten, regardless of any buffered claim. Get some pH strips from Amazon—they're inexpensive. Also pick up injectable Sodium Bicarbonate (definitely not baking soda). After that, it's purely trial and error. People approach it differently. If my goal is 5ml in a 500mg vial, I'll first put in 3ml of BAC, then gradually introduce sodium bicarbonate while checking pH until it lands in the target range. Once I know how much SB went in, I top it off with the remaining BAC water and check pH one last time. I can usually hit the range, though it's not an exact science. Even so, it beats injecting acid.
For my part, across multiple vendors' buffered NAD+, injections have never given me trouble. Every one of them produced 0 ISR.
 
tendency said:

m100568 said:

I don't think your question about buffering ever got a direct answer. Some time ago, NAD+ was being mixed to such an acidic state that it amounted to injecting acid, leading to severe reactions at the injection site, or possibly worse. The idea behind "buffering" was to achieve a more stable and usable pH.

From what I've seen, even products labeled as buffered tended to remain acidic. There are lengthy discussions about the ideal pH. Here's what Gemini AI has to say:

"Although NAD+ is most stable at lower pH levels, the human body's physiological pH is approximately 7.4.

  • Irritation Threshold: Injections with a pH below 3.0 or above 9.0 typically cause significant pain, burning, and tissue irritation at the site of administration.
  • Injection Site Comfort: A pH of 5.0 to 6.0 is generally tolerable for subcutaneous or intramuscular injections, providing a balance that preserves the potency of the NAD+ for several weeks (when refrigerated) without causing severe discomfort."

Sadly, I've ended up testing and tweaking every batch of NAD+ I've gotten, regardless of any buffered claim. Get some pH strips from Amazon—they're inexpensive. Also pick up injectable Sodium Bicarbonate (definitely not baking soda). After that, it's purely trial and error. People approach it differently. If my goal is 5ml in a 500mg vial, I'll first put in 3ml of BAC, then gradually introduce sodium bicarbonate while checking pH until it lands in the target range. Once I know how much SB went in, I top it off with the remaining BAC water and check pH one last time. I can usually hit the range, though it's not an exact science. Even so, it beats injecting acid.
For my part, across multiple vendors' buffered NAD+, injections have never given me trouble. Every one of them produced 0 ISR.
But judging by your older posts, subq wasn't doing much for you either? So you switched to IM? And these days you'd rather go with oral supplements?

I ask because I'm only on day 1 of NAD+ myself. There was a bit of a sting as it went in. It was a 25 mg starter dose and labeled buffered, yet I still got an annoying ISR lasting about an hour.

My 500-mg vial of NAD+ was mixed with 3 mL Hospira, though I'm going to put in another 3 mL of Hospira and I'm thinking about IM:

tendency said:


I think the consensus from what I've read is most do it SubQ, I'm a bit of an outlier doing IM.

Click to expand...

For gluta I ended up using IM just to dodge ISRs, and there's a clinic nearby that appears to give gluta and NAD+ via IM (as well as IV).
 
Calm Logic said:

tendency said:

m100568 said:

I don't think your question about buffering ever got a direct answer. Some time ago, NAD+ was being mixed to such an acidic state that it amounted to injecting acid, leading to severe reactions at the injection site, or possibly worse. The idea behind "buffering" was to achieve a more stable and usable pH.

From what I've seen, even products labeled as buffered tended to remain acidic. There are lengthy discussions about the ideal pH. Here's what Gemini AI has to say:

"Although NAD+ is most stable at lower pH levels, the human body's physiological pH is approximately 7.4.

  • Irritation Threshold: Injections with a pH below 3.0 or above 9.0 typically cause significant pain, burning, and tissue irritation at the site of administration.
  • Injection Site Comfort: A pH of 5.0 to 6.0 is generally tolerable for subcutaneous or intramuscular injections, providing a balance that preserves the potency of the NAD+ for several weeks (when refrigerated) without causing severe discomfort."

Sadly, I've ended up testing and tweaking every batch of NAD+ I've gotten, regardless of any buffered claim. Get some pH strips from Amazon—they're inexpensive. Also pick up injectable Sodium Bicarbonate (definitely not baking soda). After that, it's purely trial and error. People approach it differently. If my goal is 5ml in a 500mg vial, I'll first put in 3ml of BAC, then gradually introduce sodium bicarbonate while checking pH until it lands in the target range. Once I know how much SB went in, I top it off with the remaining BAC water and check pH one last time. I can usually hit the range, though it's not an exact science. Even so, it beats injecting acid.
For my part, across multiple vendors' buffered NAD+, injections have never given me trouble. Every one of them produced 0 ISR.
But judging by your older posts, subq wasn't doing much for you either? So you switched to IM? And these days you'd rather go with oral supplements?

I ask because I'm only on day 1 of NAD+ myself. There was a bit of a sting as it went in. It was a 25 mg starter dose and labeled buffered, yet I still got an annoying ISR lasting about an hour.

My 500-mg vial of NAD+ was mixed with 3 mL Hospira, though I'm going to put in another 3 mL of Hospira and I'm thinking about IM:

tendency said:


I think the consensus from what I've read is most do it SubQ, I'm a bit of an outlier doing IM.

Click to expand...

For gluta I ended up using IM just to dodge ISRs, and there's a clinic nearby that appears to give gluta and NAD+ via IM (as well as IV).
For me, IM has been more effective than subq. On top of that, the longer I stay on it, the more advantages I keep noticing. My dose is 50mg every day.

Given what I understand about NAD, it never made sense to me to use it only 1 or 2 times a week, or to follow the mitochondrial rejuvenation protocol for NAD+ dosing that shows up here so often. People researching the NMN/NR precursors insist pretty strongly that those need daily use across multiple months before the full benefits appear. I don't see any reason NAD+ injections would behave differently.

For some reason, the NMN/NR orals never did much for me either. I've also always mixed my 500mg NAD with 3ml of hospira.
 
I realize now that I had it wrong. My usual approach is to mix 500mg of NAD+ with 5ml of hospira, so perhaps that is what is reducing the ISR.
 
When it comes to NAD+, dosage guidance is inconsistent, and since I don't know your age or background, the safest route is to begin low and increase gradually, as described in this thread.

Personally, I've stayed at 100mg per day from the start. That said, I'm older and spent years testing precursor compounds well before injectable NAD+ was common. I keep nicotinamide ampoules on hand too, since I occasionally favor them over NAD+. A mere 10mg delivers an immediate lift for me, though it fades quickly, unfortunately.

Regarding whether NAD+ is buffered: in my experience, even products labeled "buffered" cause significant stinging, so I suspect that's mostly a marketing claim and that the majority are actually unbuffered. Checking pH feels like too much effort, and although I have sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate solutions available, I've stopped using them because the sting no longer bothers me.

Sadly, even though I'm older and struggle with low energy, NAD hasn't delivered much for me. I keep asking myself whether I should raise the dose further or try an oral form. Perhaps mots is what I need. For now, though, I'm continuing to inject since I still have a large supply to get through.
 
I gave NAD a shot for roughly 4 months and noticed absolutely nothing. That strange warm "rush" would hit me post-injection, and that was the extent of it. Zero boost in energy, zero extra fat loss, zero anything! Now I'm second-guessing whether my dosing was off, because from what I gather it ought to be climbing rather than starting high and then tapering "down", so I may reconstitute a new vial and give it another go with some of the approaches I've come across on here.
 
I followed the NAD+, MOTS-c, and SS-31 regimen that gets discussed across different threads. A version of it is likely posted somewhere in this thread. The biggest payoffs for me came from MOTS-c and NAD+ near the end of that regimen. It was similar to a pre-workout feeling, except no rapid heartbeat like caffeine brings. After MOTS-c, NAD+ on its own still worked reasonably well for roughly 2 months, but the impact has been fading. So I may repeat the protocol again in about a month. Maybe after doing an Epitalon protocol.
 
Last night I was browsing Amazon Haul and noticed a large selection of oral NAD+ supplements. These typically come combined with other longevity ingredients such as CoQ10, Resveratrol, and several more. Has anyone here tried them? Also, does oral NAD+ deliver results anywhere close to SubQ administration?
 
domin8brix said:

I gave NAD a shot for roughly 4 months and noticed absolutely nothing. That strange warm "rush" would hit me post-injection, and that was the extent of it. Zero boost in energy, zero extra fat loss, zero anything! Now I'm second-guessing whether my dosing was off, because from what I gather it ought to be climbing rather than starting high and then tapering "down", so I may reconstitute a new vial and give it another go with some of the approaches I've come across on here.
When it comes to most peptides that aren't GLP, plenty of folks are in the same boat.

The main issue with those non-GLP options? They pull focus away from stockpiling GLPs, haha.
 
Skidude said:

ambot88 said:

Picked up a NAD+ kit, but I'm clueless about how to actually use it. Whether it's buffered — or what that even means — I have no idea. After watching a few videos, I'm leaning toward reconstituting with 5ml, though dosing and timing remain unclear, and dr.google gives me plenty of contradictory answers. Any help would be appreciated.
I ran NAD+ as part of the complete MITO stack: ss-31/MOTSc/NAD+

My dose was 100 mg on MWF

for the term: see below

View attachment 11537



I also used TMG to replenish Methyl

Practical Recommendations for NAD+ & TMG Supplementation​#-practical-recommendations-for-nad-tmg-supplementation
  1. Timing and Dosage

    Given what is currently known, TMG works as a long-acting methyl donor, so it may be taken at any time of the day. Nothing indicates that TMG has to be paired with NAD+ at the same moment. A standard amount is 1,000mg of TMG daily, which ought to cover methylation needs with room to spare. That said, if taking TMG every day feels like a burden, using it just on the days when you apply your NAD+ patch is a workable alternative.
  2. Daily vs. Occasional Supplementation

    Some patients choose daily TMG, while others use it only alongside their NAD+ patches. Neither approach is wrong, and how each person responds may differ according to their own methylation capacity.
  3. Methylation Testing

    At present, no precise tests exist that measure methylation efficiency or NAD+ metabolism well enough to guide individualized TMG dosing. Even so, genetic testing for MTHFR mutations and measuring homocysteine levels can offer clues about your methylation capacity.
The Takeaway​#-the-takeawayExact timing and the quantity of TMG to use with NAD+ are not fixed, but our approach reflects what appears to work for most people: take TMG every day, or take it on the days you use NAD+ supplements, particularly if you already know you have methylation issues. TMG supplements are easy to find at online retailers or at most vitamin and supplement shops.

At Sellers website, we’ll keep watching the newest research and offer revised guidance as more becomes clear about how NAD+ and methyl donors such as TMG interact.

Using Trimethylglycine (TMG) together with NAD+ precursors (such as NMN or NR) restores methyl groups that get used up while NAD+ levels are being raised. Pairing them this way helps maintain optimal methylation, which matters for DNA repair, detoxification, and keeping homocysteine from running high, and they are often taken together at a 1:1 ratio.

Key Aspects of Combining TMG with NAD+ Boosters:

  • Why Combine Them: NAD+ boosters support energy production yet may use up the body’s supply of methyl groups. TMG acts as a "methyl donor," returning those groups so methylation pathways stay open.
  • Optimal Ratio & Dosage: Experts, including Dr. David Sinclair, frequently suggest a 1:1 ratio of TMG to NMN/NR, usually about

    View attachment 11538

    When to Take: TMG may be taken in the morning, often alongside food to improve absorption and avoid stomach upset.

    View attachment 11539

    of TMG daily.
  • Synergy: NMN/NR raises NAD+ directly, while TMG keeps the metabolic process from causing methyl groups to be depleted over the long term, supporting cellular health overall.
  • Benefits: Possible benefits include lasting energy, better cardiovascular health, and improved methylation, with notable improvements frequently reported after 3-6 months.
I came across some really useful details. Running 15mg of motc each week worked really well by itself, so based on what I've read about possible synergistic effects, this combination ought to be even more powerful. Would you be able to share your experience with the protocol—any side effects or benefits?

Thanks
 
domin8brix said:

I gave NAD a shot for roughly 4 months and noticed absolutely nothing. That strange warm "rush" would hit me post-injection, and that was the extent of it. Zero boost in energy, zero extra fat loss, zero anything! Now I'm second-guessing whether my dosing was off, because from what I gather it ought to be climbing rather than starting high and then tapering "down", so I may reconstitute a new vial and give it another go with some of the approaches I've come across on here.
After you took the NAD+, did you train? Were you hoping to drop weight? I honestly never considered it a fat-loss compound.

For me, NAD+ felt comparable to creatine. You only notice the effect once you actually use it. My rep counts climbed significantly, enough that my gains improved and I was able to add weight on the following session.

Today I'm on the site browsing deals. Before summer arrives, I'd like to do another SS-31/MOTS-c, NAD+ protocol.
 
After looking into it further, it's possible that MOTS-c was the thing giving me results. Regardless, my suggestion is to run the protocol so you get the synergy.

GoalMOTS‑cNAD+More reps⭐ Strong effectMildDelay fatigue⭐ StrongMildIncrease lactate threshold⭐ StrongNoneImprove mitochondrial efficiencyStrongModerateImprove recoveryModerate⭐ StrongImprove daily energyModerate⭐ StrongFat‑loss synergyStrongMild
 
PAPoots said:

domin8brix said:

I gave NAD a shot for roughly 4 months and noticed absolutely nothing. That strange warm "rush" would hit me post-injection, and that was the extent of it. Zero boost in energy, zero extra fat loss, zero anything! Now I'm second-guessing whether my dosing was off, because from what I gather it ought to be climbing rather than starting high and then tapering "down", so I may reconstitute a new vial and give it another go with some of the approaches I've come across on here.
After you took the NAD+, did you train? Were you hoping to drop weight? I honestly never considered it a fat-loss compound.

For me, NAD+ felt comparable to creatine. You only notice the effect once you actually use it. My rep counts climbed significantly, enough that my gains improved and I was able to add weight on the following session.

Today I'm on the site browsing deals. Before summer arrives, I'd like to do another SS-31/MOTS-c, NAD+ protocol.
I'd use it 3 times per week, but it rarely lined up with my training — either a couple of hours afterward or around 8 hours prior. It went in on pin days, and back then my tirz schedule was Friday 8am, Sunday 2pm, Tuesday 8pm. Honestly, I felt absolutely NOTHING from it, and Creatine was the same story. Creatine didn't deliver much either, apart from pushing my liver enzymes up to almost fatal levels.

The pitch I got for NAD was that it "helps burn more fat and give more energy," yet for me neither of those things seemed to happen
 
domin8brix said:

PAPoots said:

domin8brix said:

I gave NAD a shot for roughly 4 months and noticed absolutely nothing. That strange warm "rush" would hit me post-injection, and that was the extent of it. Zero boost in energy, zero extra fat loss, zero anything! Now I'm second-guessing whether my dosing was off, because from what I gather it ought to be climbing rather than starting high and then tapering "down", so I may reconstitute a new vial and give it another go with some of the approaches I've come across on here.
After you took the NAD+, did you train? Were you hoping to drop weight? I honestly never considered it a fat-loss compound.

For me, NAD+ felt comparable to creatine. You only notice the effect once you actually use it. My rep counts climbed significantly, enough that my gains improved and I was able to add weight on the following session.

Today I'm on the site browsing deals. Before summer arrives, I'd like to do another SS-31/MOTS-c, NAD+ protocol.
I'd use it 3 times per week, but it rarely lined up with my training — either a couple of hours afterward or around 8 hours prior. It went in on pin days, and back then my tirz schedule was Friday 8am, Sunday 2pm, Tuesday 8pm. Honestly, I felt absolutely NOTHING from it, and Creatine was the same story. Creatine didn't deliver much either, apart from pushing my liver enzymes up to almost fatal levels.

The pitch I got for NAD was that it "helps burn more fat and give more energy," yet for me neither of those things seemed to happen
What was your daily creatine dose? For me, it's just the usual 5mg each day. I'd say there are a few days every week when I skip it too.

And what's your age? The majority of mitochondrial tricks are aimed at older folks whose mitochondria are run down.

In my experience, the top energy hack is sleep. Are your sleep scores sitting in the good to excellent range? If you're craving a nap mid-day, my guess is your sleep isn't great.

If sleep is fine but you're still drained, or dealing with brain fog, go get blood work. I went through plenty of peptides that were claimed to help sleep, and not one did anything for me.

On my most recent blood test, I came up with an iron deficiency (Ferritin 7.8 ng/mL) plus low B12 (327 pg/mL). I began an Iron supp a few times per week, B12 every day, Magnesium glycinate and L-theanine each night, forced myself through the day without napping and made sure I got at least 7-9 hours of sleep nightly, and my sleep scores climbed pretty fast.

Most people begin mitochondrial‑support peptides between ages 35–50.​#-most-people-begin-mitochondrial-support-peptides-between-ages-35-50Why that window?

Because that’s when mitochondrial efficiency naturally declines in a measurable way:

  • NAD+ levels drop ~1% per year after age 25
  • AMPK activity declines
  • VO₂ max decreases
  • Recovery slows
  • Muscle fatigue sets in faster
  • Insulin sensitivity decreases
  • Sleep quality becomes more fragile
By the mid‑30s to 40s, these changes become noticeable in:

  • Workout endurance
  • Ability to recover
  • Energy stability
  • Fatigue resistance
  • Muscle quality
  • Metabolic flexibility
This is the age range where peptides like MOTS‑c, NAD+ precursors, AOD‑9604, GH secretagogues, and mitochondrial cofactors start to make a functional difference.
 
Each day I took 5mg of Creatine, and I'm just a few weeks away from turning 48. As long as I stay away from creatine, my bloodwork is honestly spectacular. Sadly, though, NAD made no difference for me. I looked into every other option you brought up, but I haven't gone ahead and started using any of them yet.
 
Tcah2456 said:

Skidude said:

ambot88 said:

Picked up a NAD+ kit, but I'm clueless about how to actually use it. Whether it's buffered — or what that even means — I have no idea. After watching a few videos, I'm leaning toward reconstituting with 5ml, though dosing and timing remain unclear, and dr.google gives me plenty of contradictory answers. Any help would be appreciated.
I ran NAD+ as part of the complete MITO stack: ss-31/MOTSc/NAD+

My dose was 100 mg on MWF

for the term: see below

View attachment 11537



I also used TMG to replenish Methyl

Practical Recommendations for NAD+ & TMG Supplementation​#-practical-recommendations-for-nad-tmg-supplementation
  1. Timing and Dosage

    Given what is currently known, TMG works as a long-acting methyl donor, so it may be taken at any time of the day. Nothing indicates that TMG has to be paired with NAD+ at the same moment. A standard amount is 1,000mg of TMG daily, which ought to cover methylation needs with room to spare. That said, if taking TMG every day feels like a burden, using it just on the days when you apply your NAD+ patch is a workable alternative.
  2. Daily vs. Occasional Supplementation

    Some patients choose daily TMG, while others use it only alongside their NAD+ patches. Neither approach is wrong, and how each person responds may differ according to their own methylation capacity.
  3. Methylation Testing

    At present, no precise tests exist that measure methylation efficiency or NAD+ metabolism well enough to guide individualized TMG dosing. Even so, genetic testing for MTHFR mutations and measuring homocysteine levels can offer clues about your methylation capacity.
The Takeaway​#-the-takeawayExact timing and the quantity of TMG to use with NAD+ are not fixed, but our approach reflects what appears to work for most people: take TMG every day, or take it on the days you use NAD+ supplements, particularly if you already know you have methylation issues. TMG supplements are easy to find at online retailers or at most vitamin and supplement shops.

At Sellers website, we’ll keep watching the newest research and offer revised guidance as more becomes clear about how NAD+ and methyl donors such as TMG interact.

Using Trimethylglycine (TMG) together with NAD+ precursors (such as NMN or NR) restores methyl groups that get used up while NAD+ levels are being raised. Pairing them this way helps maintain optimal methylation, which matters for DNA repair, detoxification, and keeping homocysteine from running high, and they are often taken together at a 1:1 ratio.

Key Aspects of Combining TMG with NAD+ Boosters:

  • Why Combine Them: NAD+ boosters support energy production yet may use up the body’s supply of methyl groups. TMG acts as a "methyl donor," returning those groups so methylation pathways stay open.
  • Optimal Ratio & Dosage: Experts, including Dr. David Sinclair, frequently suggest a 1:1 ratio of TMG to NMN/NR, usually about

    View attachment 11538

    When to Take: TMG may be taken in the morning, often alongside food to improve absorption and avoid stomach upset.

    View attachment 11539

    of TMG daily.
  • Synergy: NMN/NR raises NAD+ directly, while TMG keeps the metabolic process from causing methyl groups to be depleted over the long term, supporting cellular health overall.
  • Benefits: Possible benefits include lasting energy, better cardiovascular health, and improved methylation, with notable improvements frequently reported after 3-6 months.
I came across some really useful details. Running 15mg of motc each week worked really well by itself, so based on what I've read about possible synergistic effects, this combination ought to be even more powerful. Would you be able to share your experience with the protocol—any side effects or benefits?

Thanks
Calm Logic's point is one I share:

Calm Logic said:

No one can say with certainty how any of this works.

A few Chinese suppliers keep quite extensive price lists and stock for their US-based warehouses. HPT and particularly WWB come to mind. HPT charges $30 for US warehouses. WWB charges $50, shipping via FedEx (ground?).

Indian pharma also has domestic resellers on TG. I'm on TG constantly, so if you'd like, DM me there.

Sure, there could be upsides that go past what people report anecdotally, but for me the main reason was to get energy back after a very strict diet and a big shift in how I normally eat.

From what I gather, the older you get and the more bad habits you have, the greater the chance it might do something for you; kind of like giving B12 to a person who is low on it. YMMV.

I'm an older man who has spent many years drinking and smoking...

Another cycle is probably in my future at the 3-6 month mark, though I wouldn't count on the kind of dramatic results that come with GLP-1s
 
Question: I used 4ml bac water to recon 1000mg NAD+.

After filtering, the total liquid came to 5ml.

Is it expected for NAD+ to gain volume once reconstituted?

Compared with my BPC, Mots or Reta fluids, this one definitely comes across as thicker.
 
Nerker said:

Question: I used 4ml bac water to recon 1000mg NAD+.

After filtering, the total liquid came to 5ml.

Is it expected for NAD+ to gain volume once reconstituted?

Compared with my BPC, Mots or Reta fluids, this one definitely comes across as thicker.
When you mix 4mg into 1mg, the result being a 5 mg/ml solution is pretty much what you'd expect.
 
Ajejebrazorf said:

Nerker said:

Question: I used 4ml bac water to recon 1000mg NAD+.

After filtering, the total liquid came to 5ml.

Is it expected for NAD+ to gain volume once reconstituted?

Compared with my BPC, Mots or Reta fluids, this one definitely comes across as thicker.
When you mix 4mg into 1mg, the result being a 5 mg/ml solution is pretty much what you'd expect.
I appreciate it. I did the reconstitution a second time using 6ml, which left me with roughly 7.5 ml of liquid.
 
Skidude said:

ambot88 said:

Picked up a NAD+ kit, but I'm clueless about how to actually use it. Whether it's buffered — or what that even means — I have no idea. After watching a few videos, I'm leaning toward reconstituting with 5ml, though dosing and timing remain unclear, and dr.google gives me plenty of contradictory answers. Any help would be appreciated.
I ran NAD+ as part of the complete MITO stack: ss-31/MOTSc/NAD+

My dose was 100 mg on MWF

for the term: see below

View attachment 11537



I also used TMG to replenish Methyl

Practical Recommendations for NAD+ & TMG Supplementation​#-practical-recommendations-for-nad-tmg-supplementation
  1. Timing and Dosage

    Given what is currently known, TMG works as a long-acting methyl donor, so it may be taken at any time of the day. Nothing indicates that TMG has to be paired with NAD+ at the same moment. A standard amount is 1,000mg of TMG daily, which ought to cover methylation needs with room to spare. That said, if taking TMG every day feels like a burden, using it just on the days when you apply your NAD+ patch is a workable alternative.
  2. Daily vs. Occasional Supplementation

    Some patients choose daily TMG, while others use it only alongside their NAD+ patches. Neither approach is wrong, and how each person responds may differ according to their own methylation capacity.
  3. Methylation Testing

    At present, no precise tests exist that measure methylation efficiency or NAD+ metabolism well enough to guide individualized TMG dosing. Even so, genetic testing for MTHFR mutations and measuring homocysteine levels can offer clues about your methylation capacity.
The Takeaway​#-the-takeawayExact timing and the quantity of TMG to use with NAD+ are not fixed, but our approach reflects what appears to work for most people: take TMG every day, or take it on the days you use NAD+ supplements, particularly if you already know you have methylation issues. TMG supplements are easy to find at online retailers or at most vitamin and supplement shops.

At Sellers website, we’ll keep watching the newest research and offer revised guidance as more becomes clear about how NAD+ and methyl donors such as TMG interact.

Using Trimethylglycine (TMG) together with NAD+ precursors (such as NMN or NR) restores methyl groups that get used up while NAD+ levels are being raised. Pairing them this way helps maintain optimal methylation, which matters for DNA repair, detoxification, and keeping homocysteine from running high, and they are often taken together at a 1:1 ratio.

Key Aspects of Combining TMG with NAD+ Boosters:

  • Why Combine Them: NAD+ boosters support energy production yet may use up the body’s supply of methyl groups. TMG acts as a "methyl donor," returning those groups so methylation pathways stay open.
  • Optimal Ratio & Dosage: Experts, including Dr. David Sinclair, frequently suggest a 1:1 ratio of TMG to NMN/NR, usually about

    View attachment 11538

    When to Take: TMG may be taken in the morning, often alongside food to improve absorption and avoid stomach upset.

    View attachment 11539

    of TMG daily.
  • Synergy: NMN/NR raises NAD+ directly, while TMG keeps the metabolic process from causing methyl groups to be depleted over the long term, supporting cellular health overall.
  • Benefits: Possible benefits include lasting energy, better cardiovascular health, and improved methylation, with notable improvements frequently reported after 3-6 months.
@Calm Logic pointed me in this direction. He spoke highly of you, so now I'm here and getting ready to purchase TMG.

Thanks so much!
 
Back
Top