NAD+ usage guidance needed

ambot88

Explorer
Joined
Nov 4, 2025
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
alberta
Picked up a NAD+ kit, but I'm clueless about how to actually use it. Whether it's buffered — or what that even means — I have no idea. After watching a few videos, I'm leaning toward reconstituting with 5ml, though dosing and timing remain unclear, and dr.google gives me plenty of contradictory answers. Any help would be appreciated.
 
5a8d73bdee57b04dc934fea75bc1fd92bac61d4e9791dad5e019bfa38ad95f73.webp


I used this as a guide, and I've worked my way up to 100mg taken every other day.
 
SolidChick said:

At the moment, my daily intake is roughly 50-75 mg.
Has it always been an every-day thing for you?

My ferret goes with 250mg 2x/wk

Began at 50mg 3x/wk.
 
Itsjacob said:

SolidChick said:

At the moment, my daily intake is roughly 50-75 mg.
Has it always been an every-day thing for you?

My ferret goes with 250mg 2x/wk

Began at 50mg 3x/wk.
I began at 25mg daily, then bumped it up to 50mg based on the dosing chart. Since I noticed no effects, I went up to 75mg.

Still nothing. I plan to add motsc before long.
 
Fostradamus said:

View attachment 11536

I used this as a guide, and I've worked my way up to 100mg taken every other day.
RS started out using this protocol. These days it's 80mg taken 3x per week. It's given a big lift to weight loss. Planning to bring in 5AM before long. Gave Mots a go but had an allergic reaction.
 
My wife and I are currently taking 40mg with a schedule of 4 days on and 1 day off, which lines up with our training schedule. We have it as part of our preworkout combination: Mots-C, 5-Amino, and NAD.
 
Loveandpeaceandjoy said:

Fostradamus said:

View attachment 11536

I used this as a guide, and I've worked my way up to 100mg taken every other day.
RS started out using this protocol. These days it's 80mg taken 3x per week. It's given a big lift to weight loss. Planning to bring in 5AM before long. Gave Mots a go but had an allergic reaction.

Among these, MOTS-c appears to be the biggest offender when it comes to setting off an adverse response ("your immune system trying to...quarantine the "danger molecules" you just introduced").
 
ambot88 said:

Picked up a NAD+ kit, but I'm clueless about how to actually use it. Whether it's buffered — or what that even means — I have no idea. After watching a few videos, I'm leaning toward reconstituting with 5ml, though dosing and timing remain unclear, and dr.google gives me plenty of contradictory answers. Any help would be appreciated.
I ran NAD+ as part of the complete MITO stack: ss-31/MOTSc/NAD+

My dose was 100 mg on MWF

for the term: see below

ba604f543857264094832c07cfac864d16ea6923a119c7cefb70ea46c0e5fade.webp




I also used TMG to replenish Methyl

Practical Recommendations for NAD+ & TMG Supplementation​#-practical-recommendations-for-nad-tmg-supplementation
  1. Timing and Dosage

    Given what is currently known, TMG works as a long-acting methyl donor, so it may be taken at any time of the day. Nothing indicates that TMG has to be paired with NAD+ at the same moment. A standard amount is 1,000mg of TMG daily, which ought to cover methylation needs with room to spare. That said, if taking TMG every day feels like a burden, using it just on the days when you apply your NAD+ patch is a workable alternative.
  2. Daily vs. Occasional Supplementation

    Some patients choose daily TMG, while others use it only alongside their NAD+ patches. Neither approach is wrong, and how each person responds may differ according to their own methylation capacity.
  3. Methylation Testing

    At present, no precise tests exist that measure methylation efficiency or NAD+ metabolism well enough to guide individualized TMG dosing. Even so, genetic testing for MTHFR mutations and measuring homocysteine levels can offer clues about your methylation capacity.
The Takeaway​#-the-takeawayExact timing and the quantity of TMG to use with NAD+ are not fixed, but our approach reflects what appears to work for most people: take TMG every day, or take it on the days you use NAD+ supplements, particularly if you already know you have methylation issues. TMG supplements are easy to find at online retailers or at most vitamin and supplement shops.

At Sellers website, we’ll keep watching the newest research and offer revised guidance as more becomes clear about how NAD+ and methyl donors such as TMG interact.

Using Trimethylglycine (TMG) together with NAD+ precursors (such as NMN or NR) restores methyl groups that get used up while NAD+ levels are being raised. Pairing them this way helps maintain optimal methylation, which matters for DNA repair, detoxification, and keeping homocysteine from running high, and they are often taken together at a 1:1 ratio.

Key Aspects of Combining TMG with NAD+ Boosters:

  • Why Combine Them: NAD+ boosters support energy production yet may use up the body’s supply of methyl groups. TMG acts as a "methyl donor," returning those groups so methylation pathways stay open.
  • Optimal Ratio & Dosage: Experts, including Dr. David Sinclair, frequently suggest a 1:1 ratio of TMG to NMN/NR, usually about

    b1442e85b03bdcaf66dc58c7abb98745dd2687d86350be9a298a1d9382ac849b.gif


    When to Take: TMG may be taken in the morning, often alongside food to improve absorption and avoid stomach upset.

    b1442e85b03bdcaf66dc58c7abb98745dd2687d86350be9a298a1d9382ac849b.gif


    of TMG daily.
  • Synergy: NMN/NR raises NAD+ directly, while TMG keeps the metabolic process from causing methyl groups to be depleted over the long term, supporting cellular health overall.
  • Benefits: Possible benefits include lasting energy, better cardiovascular health, and improved methylation, with notable improvements frequently reported after 3-6 months.
 
Pokemon999 said:

Fostradamus said:

View attachment 11536

I used this as a guide, and I've worked my way up to 100mg taken every other day.
Right now I'm on 40mg daily. When you hit 100mg, did you feel any change?
I wish I could give a straight yes, but I have to add that NAD isn't the only thing I'm using. My energy has gone up, though reta is in the mix too, so that boost might come just from losing weight, or from NAD and reta working together. Before I switched to reta, I was on Wegovy and no NAD, and compared with then, my energy is far higher now. Interpret that however you like.
 
Studies indicate increased energy levels when combining NAD+ with Tirz. Following a period of fatigue while on Tirz, NAD+ proved to be a significant improvement.
 
For my RS on tirz, electrolytes made a huge difference. I went from sleeping through most of Saturday to actually getting things done. (Shot on Friday evening)

My NAD dose has stayed the same — 25-50mg, 3 times per week, occasionally less, and I'm not on tirz right now. The Adhedonia didn't go away, but my energy floor came up, so I've stuck with it.

If you're under 40, your NAD+ recycling and production systems might not be as run down. In that situation, you might not get the same boost that others report.

Only way to find out is to try it.

Even buffered, it's spicy. I recon 2.5 mL into 250 mg vials, then push the plunger slowly. Some days it's fine, other days I need to stop 2-3-4 times.

1u= 1mg, which keeps the math simple.

Tirz holds up very well, but my NAD+ clearly stops working as well after roughly 4 weeks. That's why I doubt I'll ever buy 500mg vials.
 
vewdew34 said:

I stick to the identical regimen, currently taking 100mg 3 times per week.
What kind of effects do you get at that dose? I'm planning to begin the same thing this week too
 
I don't think your question about buffering ever got a direct answer. Some time ago, NAD+ was being mixed to such an acidic state that it amounted to injecting acid, leading to severe reactions at the injection site, or possibly worse. The idea behind "buffering" was to achieve a more stable and usable pH.

From what I've seen, even products labeled as buffered tended to remain acidic. There are lengthy discussions about the ideal pH. Here's what Gemini AI has to say:

"Although NAD+ is most stable at lower pH levels, the human body's physiological pH is approximately 7.4.

  • Irritation Threshold: Injections with a pH below 3.0 or above 9.0 typically cause significant pain, burning, and tissue irritation at the site of administration.
  • Injection Site Comfort: A pH of 5.0 to 6.0 is generally tolerable for subcutaneous or intramuscular injections, providing a balance that preserves the potency of the NAD+ for several weeks (when refrigerated) without causing severe discomfort."

Sadly, I've ended up testing and tweaking every batch of NAD+ I've gotten, regardless of any buffered claim. Get some pH strips from Amazon—they're inexpensive. Also pick up injectable Sodium Bicarbonate (definitely not baking soda). After that, it's purely trial and error. People approach it differently. If my goal is 5ml in a 500mg vial, I'll first put in 3ml of BAC, then gradually introduce sodium bicarbonate while checking pH until it lands in the target range. Once I know how much SB went in, I top it off with the remaining BAC water and check pH one last time. I can usually hit the range, though it's not an exact science. Even so, it beats injecting acid.
 
It only just clicked for me that NAD+ offers skin and collagen protection, though its role leans more toward defense than the proactive action of GHK-Cu.

When used topically, NAD+ comes in serum form, and so does NMN, the precursor. However, for these serums to actually work, they need to be applied with a tool such as a dermapen or dermaroller (this is covered in the attached information).

If you're committed to the topical route, PWGrove is currently running a GB for an NMN serum ($85/kit + fees):

bab6d15f649de3d56db12ec5c05d9e8e75a7e87aed7c25738d850f6dde3c2ceb.webp


NMN Bottle delivers nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN), a natural NAD+ booster, in a convenient 5 ml vial.

Designed for skin boosters and mesotherapy, it supports cellular energy, DNA repair and youthful skin radiance. Ideal for clinics seeking modern anti-ageing treatments.

The NMN Bottle 5 ml is a NAD+ serum formulated for mesotherapy and skin revitalisation. NMN (nicotinamide mononucleotide) is converted into NAD+ within cells, boosting energy, repairing DNA, and strengthening skin cells, which is key to achieving youthful, glowing skin.

As NAD+ naturally declines with age, NMN replenishment helps slow down visible ageing while enhancing skin vitality. Supplied in a single, clinic-ready 5 ml vial, it’s easy to integrate into cosmetic treatments.

Key Benefits:

Replenishes NAD+ to support energy metabolism & DNA repair

Promotes cellular resilience and anti-ageing effects

Ideal for mesotherapy and skin booster treatments

Convenient single 5 ml vial for clinical use

Key Features:

NMN (Nicotinamide Mononucleotide) is a precursor to NAD+ (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide), a molecule found in every living cell that plays a key role in mitochondrial function, DNA repair, and cellular aging.

As we age, NAD+ levels decline—leading to:

Weaker skin barrier

Reduced collagen production

Slower cell regeneration

More visible signs of aging

By restoring NAD+ activity, NMN helps the skin recover faster, appear more youthful, and stay better hydrated. The NMN Bottle delivers this powerful molecule directly to the dermis, amplifying its benefits.

Treatment Protocols: Basic vs. Advanced

Basic Program (Standard Hydration & Repair):

Initial sessions: 2 treatments in the first 4 weeks

Maintenance: 1 session every 2–3 months

Results: Glowing, hydrated skin and reduced fine lines

Advanced Program (Anti-Aging & Regeneration):

Initial sessions: 3 treatments within 3 weeks

Boosters: Combine with other injectables (e.g., Rejuran, Hyaron)

Results: Stronger elasticity, less sagging, better skin texture

Compatible Treatment Methods:

MTS (Microneedle Therapy System)

Manual needle injection

RF (Radiofrequency)

HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound)

Fractional laser treatments

Derma-roller / Dermapen procedures

These modalities create microchannels or stimulate collagen, allowing NMN to penetrate deeper and maximize its cellular repair effects.

The NMN Bottle (NAD+ Booster) is a 5 mL injectable solution designed for professional in-clinic use.

Precautions:

Store in a cool, dry place.

Keep out of reach of children.

Not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Volume 5ml * 10 vials

Click to expand...
 
Back
Top