NAD+ issues I'm running into

trunkmonkey202

Explorer
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
I'm hitting 2 problems with NAD+, and I'm curious whether others are experiencing them too:

1. Pinning the NAD stings incredibly badly. Is this happening to anyone else?

2. After I add the BAC water, my vials start crystallizing in under 5 days. Does anyone else get this?
 
My NAD+ gives me that burning sensation too. A handful of adjustments have made a difference.

1) As time goes on, my body has adapted, so the sting has eased up somewhat

2) I bring it up to room temperature before use

3) For 1000mg, I mix in 5ml

4) Pinning into my thighs hurts far less than the abdomen, I noticed

5) I switched to a bigger needle compared to my other peps. Other peps get the 32g, but this one gets a 31g 4m.

Hope this helps.
 
Which BAC water brand are you using to mix it? That might be where the problem lies.

I get stinging from NAD+ too. For that one, I tend to inject into my glutes, which appears to make a difference.
 
Stinging is to be expected — when NAD isn't buffered and gets mixed with BAC water, the result is fairly acidic, so subq injections will hurt. You can reduce the discomfort by injecting more slowly and letting it reach room temperature first; adding extra water also addresses the sting and the crystal formation. It's well known that NAD can crash out after just a few days when the solution is strong or the refrigerator runs on the cold side. Usually those crystals dissolve again if you gently warm the vial in your hand — don't shake it. Should it remain cloudy or gritty after warming, throw it out instead of injecting it.
 
trunkmonkey202 said:

I'm hitting 2 problems with NAD+, and I'm curious whether others are experiencing them too:

1. Pinning the NAD stings incredibly badly. Is this happening to anyone else?

2. After I add the BAC water, my vials start crystallizing in under 5 days. Does anyone else get this?
Before posting, please use the forum search function — this subject comes up on a weekly or monthly basis.

Beyond that, the details you've provided are thin. What concentration are you mixing to? Is the NAD+ buffered or unbuffered? Unbuffered NAD+ sits at roughly 3-4 pH (+/- 0.25).

When crystallization happens, it's typically because far too little BAC water was used, or because the fridge temperature is drifting toward freezer territory rather than fridge.

Apologies if my tone is blunt, but the failure of newer members to search has been climbing, particularly as of late, and it's getting frustrating.
 
Neurogroot said:

trunkmonkey202 said:

I'm hitting 2 problems with NAD+, and I'm curious whether others are experiencing them too:

1. Pinning the NAD stings incredibly badly. Is this happening to anyone else?

2. After I add the BAC water, my vials start crystallizing in under 5 days. Does anyone else get this?
Before posting, please use the forum search function — this subject comes up on a weekly or monthly basis.

Beyond that, the details you've provided are thin. What concentration are you mixing to? Is the NAD+ buffered or unbuffered? Unbuffered NAD+ sits at roughly 3-4 pH (+/- 0.25).

When crystallization happens, it's typically because far too little BAC water was used, or because the fridge temperature is drifting toward freezer territory rather than fridge.

Apologies if my tone is blunt, but the failure of newer members to search has been climbing, particularly as of late, and it's getting frustrating.
I figured that simply asking about the problems I was running into was fine. I also wasn’t aware that you moderate this site, so I’ll make an effort to improve…

Regarding the NAD, whether it’s buffered is unknown to me. Aurora is where it came from. According to the label it’s NAD1000, and I dilute it using 5 ml of BAC water.
 
trunkmonkey202 said:

Neurogroot said:

trunkmonkey202 said:

I'm hitting 2 problems with NAD+, and I'm curious whether others are experiencing them too:

1. Pinning the NAD stings incredibly badly. Is this happening to anyone else?

2. After I add the BAC water, my vials start crystallizing in under 5 days. Does anyone else get this?
Before posting, please use the forum search function — this subject comes up on a weekly or monthly basis.

Beyond that, the details you've provided are thin. What concentration are you mixing to? Is the NAD+ buffered or unbuffered? Unbuffered NAD+ sits at roughly 3-4 pH (+/- 0.25).

When crystallization happens, it's typically because far too little BAC water was used, or because the fridge temperature is drifting toward freezer territory rather than fridge.

Apologies if my tone is blunt, but the failure of newer members to search has been climbing, particularly as of late, and it's getting frustrating.
I figured that simply asking about the problems I was running into was fine. I also wasn’t aware that you moderate this site, so I’ll make an effort to improve…

Regarding the NAD, whether it’s buffered is unknown to me. Aurora is where it came from. According to the label it’s NAD1000, and I dilute it using 5 ml of BAC water.
Then I'm not sure what kind of help I can offer you. When you don't even know what it is you're putting into your body, there's no way we can provide answers based on the (limited) studies that exist.
 
One option might be to mix it using bac saline. From what I've read, that can reduce the stinging people get from NAD+ for some folks. I haven't personally given it a shot, but considering how much less bac saline costs compared to the standard hospira version, it could be worth a try when the burning is too intense.
 
Injecting 8mm into the glute eliminates the discomfort. I mixed it using 6ml of BAC and divided it between two pen vials
 
Neurogroot said:


Not sure how I can help you out then. If you are not aware of what you’re injecting into yourself, we can’t be expected to give answers that are grounded in (limited) studies.

Click to expand...
A buffer is present in it.
 
NAD advice:

Just bin it. NR or plain flush niacin will raise your levels better.

I finished a whole kit, buffered with sodium bicarb too. Not worth the hassle.
 
Use PH test strips together with Sodium Bicarbonate, then tweak until it's right.
 
birdwhacker said:

NAD advice:

Just bin it. NR or plain flush niacin will raise your levels better.

I finished a whole kit, buffered with sodium bicarb too. Not worth the hassle.
Right. Outside the cell, the body degrades NAD+ into NR and NMN; those go inside the cell, and then get turned back into NAD+. Since the NAD+ molecule is too big to get into the cell, it first has to be split into its precursors.

That said, I still pin buffered NAD+ because there’s no ISR for me and the cost works out well.

One thing to think about for the burn: put lidocaine into the vial. Do a 🔍 and you should find other anecdotal suggestions.
 
PopTart said:

birdwhacker said:

NAD advice:

Just bin it. NR or plain flush niacin will raise your levels better.

I finished a whole kit, buffered with sodium bicarb too. Not worth the hassle.
Right. Outside the cell, the body degrades NAD+ into NR and NMN; those go inside the cell, and then get turned back into NAD+. Since the NAD+ molecule is too big to get into the cell, it first has to be split into its precursors.

That said, I still pin buffered NAD+ because there’s no ISR for me and the cost works out well.

One thing to think about for the burn: put lidocaine into the vial. Do a 🔍 and you should find other anecdotal suggestions.
Hmm, are you certain about that?
 
cellardoor said:

Injecting 8mm into the glute eliminates the discomfort. I mixed it using 6ml of BAC and divided it between two pen vials
Apart from the pen, my approach is identical.
 
tendency said:

PopTart said:

birdwhacker said:

NAD advice:

Just bin it. NR or plain flush niacin will raise your levels better.

I finished a whole kit, buffered with sodium bicarb too. Not worth the hassle.
Right. Outside the cell, the body degrades NAD+ into NR and NMN; those go inside the cell, and then get turned back into NAD+. Since the NAD+ molecule is too big to get into the cell, it first has to be split into its precursors.

That said, I still pin buffered NAD+ because there’s no ISR for me and the cost works out well.

One thing to think about for the burn: put lidocaine into the vial. Do a 🔍 and you should find other anecdotal suggestions.
Hmm, are you certain about that?
To clarify: the breakdown happens in stages—first NMN, then NR, and after that nicotinamide, before it finally turns into NAD inside the cell. Source: Hunter Williams.
 
I was about to order NAD+. But after browsing this forum, it seems like I should research it further first.
 
I mixed NAD+ 1000 mg with 6 mL of NaCL BAC and kept it refrigerated for a couple of days. Injected today. 6mm needle into the thigh. Barely any sting at all; went really smoothly.
 
trunkmonkey202 said:

I'm hitting 2 problems with NAD+, and I'm curious whether others are experiencing them too:

1. Pinning the NAD stings incredibly badly. Is this happening to anyone else?

2. After I add the BAC water, my vials start crystallizing in under 5 days. Does anyone else get this?
About the NAD+ crystallizing again — could it be that your refrigerator is simply running too cold? Try keeping it at room temperature for 24 hours and check whether it remains in liquid form.

NAD+ is harsh, and sometimes the shot stings — there is no doubt about that — reactions vary from person to person — perhaps your dosage was too large — what amount in mg did you use? Pep pedia says 200-250mg — that is insane — when beginning, you ought to be at 25 or 50mg — I learned this the difficult way. Perhaps you hit a poor location — my very first NAD+ shot went into my left butt cheek — it produced an internal lump that still hurts 2 weeks afterward whenever I sit on it awkwardly. You could try the outer areas on top of your quads, where a bit of fat is present — that works in my case. The burning ought to ease over time as your body adjusts to it. Keep at it.
 
Back
Top