NAD+ injection pain

Day3cat

Explorer
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Cleveland, ohio
I'm using a 1000mg NAD+ vial reconstituted with 6ml BAC, dosing 100mg 3 days a week (and yes, it's buffered). Before injecting, I bring the NAD+ up to room temperature. I've tried both stomach fat areas and glutes as sites. Even so, every single shot is painful. My approach is to push in 10units slowly, give the spot a gentle massage, then keep going in 10unit increments until all 60 units are in. It takes the edge off a little, but the pain is still there. Does anyone have advice?
 
NAD is a bit of a pain, to put it mildly - the first shot I did was in my left glute - that was two weeks ago - and there is still a tender lump there that really smarts if I sit on it the wrong way. These days I inject into the side of my quads - typically up near the hip - but on the outer side where there is a bit of fat - or love handles are fine too.....everyone reacts differently - you have to try different spots to find the one that hurts the least - that is just how NAD is.
 
Day3cat said:

I'm using a 1000mg NAD+ vial reconstituted with 6ml BAC, dosing 100mg 3 days a week (and yes, it's buffered). Before injecting, I bring the NAD+ up to room temperature. I've tried both stomach fat areas and glutes as sites. Even so, every single shot is painful. My approach is to push in 10units slowly, give the spot a gentle massage, then keep going in 10unit increments until all 60 units are in. It takes the edge off a little, but the pain is still there. Does anyone have advice?

Your explanation of the injection method has me puzzled. If 1000mg is mixed with 6ml, then a 100mg dose works out to a 0.6ml shot, which is 60units.
 
ibnsos said:

Day3cat said:

I'm using a 1000mg NAD+ vial reconstituted with 6ml BAC, dosing 100mg 3 days a week (and yes, it's buffered). Before injecting, I bring the NAD+ up to room temperature. I've tried both stomach fat areas and glutes as sites. Even so, every single shot is painful. My approach is to push in 10units slowly, give the spot a gentle massage, then keep going in 10unit increments until all 60 units are in. It takes the edge off a little, but the pain is still there. Does anyone have advice?

Your explanation of the injection method has me puzzled. If 1000mg is mixed with 6ml, then a 100mg dose works out to a 0.6ml shot, which is 60units.
I've made the edit now.
 
You could try putting 1 mL of 2% lidocaine into the vial. Alternatively, or in addition, use BAC saline for reconstitution.
 
Back
Top