NAD Injection Leaves Me Tired and Fatigued for a Short While

Riviera

Explorer
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario Canada
I had hoped NAD would boost my energy. I'm an older man, close to 60, and some extra energy would be welcome. From what I've read, other folks get an immediate energy lift when they

inject it - instant energy .....but in my case - right afterward I feel tired/fatigued - that lasts roughly 20-40 minutes - after which I'm fine.

At 200 mg of nad I gave it a try - it nearly made me pass out- tired/ headache - dizzy....never doing that again - so these days I stay at 75mg - and I've now gone through my first 1000mg bottle.

I've come across reports that it affects some people this way - should I take that to mean nad simply isn't a good fit for me ?

Anyone else on Nad- do you get instant energy from it, or a brief bout of tiredness the way I do ?
 
Many individuals report feeling worse when taking larger amounts, around 250-500mg per day, or it could be that you are lacking methylated folate and B vitamins. To verify this, you would need labs for B12, folate, homocysteine, ferritin, CBC and TSH.

Theoretically, when the body eliminates extra nicotinamide (the substance NAD+ degrades into) through methylation, it consumes methyl groups from SAM-e, which taps the same pathway reliant on folate, B12, B6, riboflavin and betaine. Therefore, if your folate and B vitamin levels are on the low side, doses of 200mg or more might be overburdening your methylation capacity, which can sometimes lead to fatigue or brain fog.

If you have never used NAD+ before, 200mg in a single dose is fairly high; I would suggest staying below 100mg during the first week to observe your response.
 
I'm currently at 100mg, 3 times per week, and I feel fantastic. My starting point, though, was 25mg in week 1, then 50mg for another week, and only after that did I move to 100mg. For me this seems sufficient, and I won't tirtrate any further until the cycle is done. In your case I suspect the dose is too high, so I'd suggest lowering it and observing what happens.
 
Researcher.Rigby said:

Many individuals report feeling worse when taking larger amounts, around 250-500mg per day, or it could be that you are lacking methylated folate and B vitamins. To verify this, you would need labs for B12, folate, homocysteine, ferritin, CBC and TSH.

Theoretically, when the body eliminates extra nicotinamide (the substance NAD+ degrades into) through methylation, it consumes methyl groups from SAM-e, which taps the same pathway reliant on folate, B12, B6, riboflavin and betaine. Therefore, if your folate and B vitamin levels are on the low side, doses of 200mg or more might be overburdening your methylation capacity, which can sometimes lead to fatigue or brain fog.

If you have never used NAD+ before, 200mg in a single dose is fairly high; I would suggest staying below 100mg during the first week to observe your response.

So am I supposed to take the 4 mentioned above???
 
ultima thule said:

I'm currently at 100mg, 3 times per week, and I feel fantastic. My starting point, though, was 25mg in week 1, then 50mg for another week, and only after that did I move to 100mg. For me this seems sufficient, and I won't tirtrate any further until the cycle is done. In your case I suspect the dose is too high, so I'd suggest lowering it and observing what happens.
Once you've injected the NAD, does a great feeling come over you right away?
 
Riviera said:

Once you've injected the NAD, does a great feeling come over you right away?
Ever since I began cycling Nad+, I've had more energy, more power, and a better mood that carries through the entire day....Right after the shot, I'd describe the feeling as somewhat overwhelmed...though it doesn't last beyond 5-10 minutes following the injection...
 
f792e31e6b6efb581ec4074bc9d20de74e79ae7b07a138162f6682f001dd5220.webp


Today was day one of this protocol for me, using a 25mg NAD+ dose.

My trip to the climbing gym turned into one of my strongest sessions in quite a while. On top of that, I'm in the first month of teaching 9th graders, which is both demanding and draining. I'm 51 years old as well.

For the past few months I've been taking these B vitamin drops, which I started after blood work revealed a B12 deficit.

Amazon B vitamins
 
Back
Top