My run-in with a compounding pharmacy

bamagirl26

Explorer
Joined
Jul 14, 2026
Messages
331
Reaction score
0
Location
NE
ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
 
Seems like it varies from one telehealth service or pharmacy to another. Their customer service can feel like totally different "personalities." Nice work sticking up for yourself and picking up (plus passing along!) a lesson along the way! Going through your CC for a chargeback is likely the easier route. Over on Reddit, folks who had bad experiences tended to fare better with their CC than with the telehealths/pharmacies.

I realize this advice comes too late for you, but for telehealths I'd always reach for a privacy card (either single use or a merchant specific virtual card). Honestly, months down the line I'm still getting texts from telehealth "A" telling me to finish paperwork for a refill. AS IF! You mofos did not impress me, I already burned way too much time with customer service just trying to log into the dang portal which never worked, and I've already attempted to cancel with you! So enjoy charging that ghost card!

Anyway, I'm hanging with the cool science kids now.
 
bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Glad to have you here!

It only becomes clear once you start looking around — the pricing is genuinely startling.... then you run the numbers and it hits you how much has already gone out the door.. and that leaves you feeling pretty low... 🫣🫣😭😭

On top of that: good on you for pushing back and handing them a taste of their own medicine. Down the road, once you've lined up a few solid suppliers, they won't really be needed. 💪💪

Take care!

(Principal is what runs me in life sometimes.. 😆😆)
 
bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
When I first saw it, $79 struck me as an amazing bargain...... until it hit me that I was picturing kits rather than individual vials. Sigh. This place has really spoiled us.
 
HouseCat said:

Seems like it varies from one telehealth service or pharmacy to another. Their customer service can feel like totally different "personalities." Nice work sticking up for yourself and picking up (plus passing along!) a lesson along the way! Going through your CC for a chargeback is likely the easier route. Over on Reddit, folks who had bad experiences tended to fare better with their CC than with the telehealths/pharmacies.

I realize this advice comes too late for you, but for telehealths I'd always reach for a privacy card (either single use or a merchant specific virtual card). Honestly, months down the line I'm still getting texts from telehealth "A" telling me to finish paperwork for a refill. AS IF! You mofos did not impress me, I already burned way too much time with customer service just trying to log into the dang portal which never worked, and I've already attempted to cancel with you! So enjoy charging that ghost card!

Anyway, I'm hanging with the cool science kids now.
luckily that's exactly what I did, so there's no way for them to hassle me down the road. If a resolution isn't offered within 48 hours, I'll probably just file a dispute with the CC company. Each side points the finger at the other, and the part that baffles me is they can file a full claim with UPS, since on BOTH occasions UPS missed their own delivery windows. Why they're making this so hard is beyond me. On top of that, the med's BUD is coming up fast, so either way they're going to end up throwing the meds out!. send me my shiiiiiii
 
If heat is something that worries you, my suggestion would be to hold off on placing orders during the summer months. Getting a replacement shipment sent won't fix anything while the weather outside is still warm. Odds are the peps are fine. Before they ever reach you, they spend time in storage facilities, overheated plane cargo holds, the rear of delivery vans, and similar places, but they remain usable provided they haven't turned into liquid. Choosing not to pay and then filing a report against the company is wild behavior.
 
tbaby said:

If heat is something that worries you, my suggestion would be to hold off on placing orders during the summer months. Getting a replacement shipment sent won't fix anything while the weather outside is still warm. Odds are the peps are fine. Before they ever reach you, they spend time in storage facilities, overheated plane cargo holds, the rear of delivery vans, and similar places, but they remain usable provided they haven't turned into liquid. Choosing not to pay and then filing a report against the company is wild behavior.
What she's talking about is compounded tirz, and it comes as a liquid. That being said, it's likely okay, though other compounding pharmas are handling it using nicer shipping containers—cute vacuum sealed tumblers that include ice packs...but I have no need for them.
 
endlrls said:

bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Glad to have you here!

It only becomes clear once you start looking around — the pricing is genuinely startling.... then you run the numbers and it hits you how much has already gone out the door.. and that leaves you feeling pretty low... 🫣🫣😭😭

On top of that: good on you for pushing back and handing them a taste of their own medicine. Down the road, once you've lined up a few solid suppliers, they won't really be needed. 💪💪

Take care!

(Principal is what runs me in life sometimes.. 😆😆)
yeah, I've got MORE than enough stocked up, but what really gets under my skin is a lack of integrity - and then I get mad at myself for handing people another shot at doing the right thing when I already knew, deep down, that they wouldn't!

tbaby said:

If heat is something that worries you, my suggestion would be to hold off on placing orders during the summer months. Getting a replacement shipment sent won't fix anything while the weather outside is still warm. Odds are the peps are fine. Before they ever reach you, they spend time in storage facilities, overheated plane cargo holds, the rear of delivery vans, and similar places, but they remain usable provided they haven't turned into liquid. Choosing not to pay and then filing a report against the company is wild behavior.
no, that's not how it went. I did pay, 2 x's for two orders, but one shipment showed up at 89 degrees. I'm done ordering from them, I've got a new supply. still, refusing to stand behind a shipment problem is awful business. every guideline I've seen online says anything over 87 is a NO GO, discard it and contact the pharmacy. I did, and the response has been atrocious. I asked them for the temp study, which I don't think is unreasonable, to resend the product with better therm controls/shipping method..not a brown UPS box that isnt in a cooler, or refund since I was sent something un-usable. If you think that's crazy work, I guess we have different tolerances for being ripped off. I am actually pretty easy going.
 
bamagirl26 said:

endlrls said:

bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Glad to have you here!

It only becomes clear once you start looking around — the pricing is genuinely startling.... then you run the numbers and it hits you how much has already gone out the door.. and that leaves you feeling pretty low... 🫣🫣😭😭

On top of that: good on you for pushing back and handing them a taste of their own medicine. Down the road, once you've lined up a few solid suppliers, they won't really be needed. 💪💪

Take care!

(Principal is what runs me in life sometimes.. 😆😆)
yeah, I've got MORE than enough stocked up, but what really gets under my skin is a lack of integrity - and then I get mad at myself for handing people another shot at doing the right thing when I already knew, deep down, that they wouldn't!

tbaby said:

If heat is something that worries you, my suggestion would be to hold off on placing orders during the summer months. Getting a replacement shipment sent won't fix anything while the weather outside is still warm. Odds are the peps are fine. Before they ever reach you, they spend time in storage facilities, overheated plane cargo holds, the rear of delivery vans, and similar places, but they remain usable provided they haven't turned into liquid. Choosing not to pay and then filing a report against the company is wild behavior.
no, that's not how it went. I did pay, 2 x's for two orders, but one shipment showed up at 89 degrees. I'm done ordering from them, I've got a new supply. still, refusing to stand behind a shipment problem is awful business. every guideline I've seen online says anything over 87 is a NO GO, discard it and contact the pharmacy. I did, and the response has been atrocious. I asked them for the temp study, which I don't think is unreasonable, to resend the product with better therm controls/shipping method..not a brown UPS box that isnt in a cooler, or refund since I was sent something un-usable. If you think that's crazy work, I guess we have different tolerances for being ripped off. I am actually pretty easy going.
Yet if it's truly something you'd rather not keep, I'll take it off your hands 😂😂😂😂
 
ladyj779 said:

bamagirl26 said:

endlrls said:

bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Glad to have you here!

It only becomes clear once you start looking around — the pricing is genuinely startling.... then you run the numbers and it hits you how much has already gone out the door.. and that leaves you feeling pretty low... 🫣🫣😭😭

On top of that: good on you for pushing back and handing them a taste of their own medicine. Down the road, once you've lined up a few solid suppliers, they won't really be needed. 💪💪

Take care!

(Principal is what runs me in life sometimes.. 😆😆)
yeah, I've got MORE than enough stocked up, but what really gets under my skin is a lack of integrity - and then I get mad at myself for handing people another shot at doing the right thing when I already knew, deep down, that they wouldn't!

tbaby said:

If heat is something that worries you, my suggestion would be to hold off on placing orders during the summer months. Getting a replacement shipment sent won't fix anything while the weather outside is still warm. Odds are the peps are fine. Before they ever reach you, they spend time in storage facilities, overheated plane cargo holds, the rear of delivery vans, and similar places, but they remain usable provided they haven't turned into liquid. Choosing not to pay and then filing a report against the company is wild behavior.
no, that's not how it went. I did pay, 2 x's for two orders, but one shipment showed up at 89 degrees. I'm done ordering from them, I've got a new supply. still, refusing to stand behind a shipment problem is awful business. every guideline I've seen online says anything over 87 is a NO GO, discard it and contact the pharmacy. I did, and the response has been atrocious. I asked them for the temp study, which I don't think is unreasonable, to resend the product with better therm controls/shipping method..not a brown UPS box that isnt in a cooler, or refund since I was sent something un-usable. If you think that's crazy work, I guess we have different tolerances for being ripped off. I am actually pretty easy going.
Yet if it's truly something you'd rather not keep, I'll take it off your hands 😂😂😂😂
You are a treasure!
 
You went with the discounted tirz that carried a BUD of 8/2/26, yet you're annoyed because it showed up in 88 degrees f weather? That's still within the safe range, since it holds up to 105 degrees f. Another thing that puzzles me: why pick the 40mg vials, when their cost per mg was steeper than the 68mg vials, and those 68mg ones also came with an October BUD? Either way, the 40s are gone now.
 
bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Ugh, during my first 2 months I was shelling out $220 each month for 4 pre-filled syringes of 2.5 mg Tirzepatide / B12. What would that amount to in kits? I won't calculate it—I'd rather not start sobbing.
 
viglnt26 said:

bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Ugh, during my first 2 months I was shelling out $220 each month for 4 pre-filled syringes of 2.5 mg Tirzepatide / B12. What would that amount to in kits? I won't calculate it—I'd rather not start sobbing.
My very first 10MG vial ran me 200, if that helps you feel any better. Just TEN Milligrams! LOL. Then the 30 MG came in at 260, so despite those being "good deals", the lousy customer service really got to me. With gray I don't go in expecting amazing CS, yet to my surprise every interaction has been great! I mentioned to hubby that being in this space puts me more at ease, since I can keep expectations in check, anticipate a few hiccups here and there, and still recognize im way ahead of where I was!
 
viglnt26 said:

bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Ugh, during my first 2 months I was shelling out $220 each month for 4 pre-filled syringes of 2.5 mg Tirzepatide / B12. What would that amount to in kits? I won't calculate it—I'd rather not start sobbing.
Ah, I went back and read what you wrote again — so yep, you were riding that same pricey train too!!
 
bamagirl26 said:

viglnt26 said:

bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Ugh, during my first 2 months I was shelling out $220 each month for 4 pre-filled syringes of 2.5 mg Tirzepatide / B12. What would that amount to in kits? I won't calculate it—I'd rather not start sobbing.
Ah, I went back and read what you wrote again — so yep, you were riding that same pricey train too!!
The pharmacy I used was only a 20 minute drive away, a small compounding one. I had no complaints about them—they did a wonderful job. Still, that doesn't justify $220, not when you compare it to the rate I'm paying at present.
 
viglnt26 said:

bamagirl26 said:

viglnt26 said:

bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Ugh, during my first 2 months I was shelling out $220 each month for 4 pre-filled syringes of 2.5 mg Tirzepatide / B12. What would that amount to in kits? I won't calculate it—I'd rather not start sobbing.
Ah, I went back and read what you wrote again — so yep, you were riding that same pricey train too!!
The pharmacy I used was only a 20 minute drive away, a small compounding one. I had no complaints about them—they did a wonderful job. Still, that doesn't justify $220, not when you compare it to the rate I'm paying at present.
Absolutely, no joke! Complete with pre filled vials too. Those med-spas have to be raking it in! Honestly, good for them. Just happy that both you and I came across better choices 🙂
 
bamagirl26 said:

endlrls said:

bamagirl26 said:

ok, small rant incoming. Before this place found me, the Tz with b6 I bought came from one of the bigcos and it sat in a weather delay, showing up at my door reading 88 degrees. Anything over 87 looked questionable to me, so I asked for a replacement — and got told Nooooo, it is stable, it is good, it is fine, it is safe. The price had been decent ($79 for a 40MG vial)... and remember, all of this was new to me!! All I had read said tirz holds up pretty well ... into the fridge it went, but something about it still nagged at me. So I wrote back: hey, would u let me REORDER, since the deal was sweet and my daughter wanted back on it too (and I figured Id hand it to her (I will be running my own experiments). Paid for the reorder.. with a SPECIFIC request to mail midweek, so it would not get stuck in transit. Well, the label was created Thursday and ever since it has sat in warehouses in Florida(thurs), Tennessee(friday) and NJ since Saturday. Tomorrow it lands. I KNOW the temps it saw were WAY past acceptable and the gel packs (no cooler at all) will be warm.

Today I laid it out: no, here are your two options, send two replacements because this has clearly become systemic rather than a one off, or put the money back on my card. The answer came back No, it is fine if it reaches 105 for a few days.. so I fired off the most science sounding letter I could, saying that without THIER PHARMACIES own test data backing the safety of their COMPOUNDED TZ with B6, a blanket statement will not do. We are talking $180.00 here.. I let them know the FDA MedWatch would be hearing from me, along with the FL and NJ pharmacy boards, over USP 1079 violations - good storage and shipping practices. I also requested a study showing how thermodynamics shift through coformulation with pyridoxine (B6) , arguing that putting B6 into a sterile peptide solution inevitably changes the formulations total ionic strength, ph Balance and molecular environment. Stability data from pure terzepitide, I told them, cannot serve as a blanket statement for temperature controls, and Pyridoxine above 88 degrees acts as a thermodynamic catalyst that speeds up degradation pathways. Some of this came from my own research, some from AI, but I really hope they reissue or refund. I HATE feeling ripped off.

What I told them: without lot specific empirical data behind their claims, the safety of the medication cannot be guaranteed. Send over the research, the stability reports and the catch COA so I can review them clinically.

Hahahahah, was that too much?? But seriously — do I just take this to my CC company, or do you figure they will cave and resend the meds... and before anyone asks why I even care, I have a lifetime supply... 1) principle and 2) my daughter also has an Rx and I wanted to share.
Glad to have you here!

It only becomes clear once you start looking around — the pricing is genuinely startling.... then you run the numbers and it hits you how much has already gone out the door.. and that leaves you feeling pretty low... 🫣🫣😭😭

On top of that: good on you for pushing back and handing them a taste of their own medicine. Down the road, once you've lined up a few solid suppliers, they won't really be needed. 💪💪

Take care!

(Principal is what runs me in life sometimes.. 😆😆)
yeah, I've got MORE than enough stocked up, but what really gets under my skin is a lack of integrity - and then I get mad at myself for handing people another shot at doing the right thing when I already knew, deep down, that they wouldn't!

tbaby said:

If heat is something that worries you, my suggestion would be to hold off on placing orders during the summer months. Getting a replacement shipment sent won't fix anything while the weather outside is still warm. Odds are the peps are fine. Before they ever reach you, they spend time in storage facilities, overheated plane cargo holds, the rear of delivery vans, and similar places, but they remain usable provided they haven't turned into liquid. Choosing not to pay and then filing a report against the company is wild behavior.
no, that's not how it went. I did pay, 2 x's for two orders, but one shipment showed up at 89 degrees. I'm done ordering from them, I've got a new supply. still, refusing to stand behind a shipment problem is awful business. every guideline I've seen online says anything over 87 is a NO GO, discard it and contact the pharmacy. I did, and the response has been atrocious. I asked them for the temp study, which I don't think is unreasonable, to resend the product with better therm controls/shipping method..not a brown UPS box that isnt in a cooler, or refund since I was sent something un-usable. If you think that's crazy work, I guess we have different tolerances for being ripped off. I am actually pretty easy going.
Yeah... a person's Integrity can really be a Goocher.... these days I receive emails from those US resellers, and my reaction is to say out loud "you F*cking snake in the grass..." and then I break down crying over how much money I overspent 😭😭
 
Ever think about how the majority of USPS delivery trucks lack cooling? If your package shows up via mail... give that some thought.

This fate awaits every medication you buy. No matter how fast the shipping is, nothing guarantees your item avoided a sweltering (or freezing) cargo hold on a plane or in a truck along the way.

Tirz holds up fairly well, and I'll happily take any supply you feel uneasy about.

If you're after something genuinely that fragile, check out the non-stabilized form of R-ALA, a supplement. Don't mix up R-ALA with the stabilized type, Na-R-ALA, or with plain ALA; those 2 are stable against heat.

Again, shipping doesn't concern me. It's entirely possible the late package sat in a temperature-controlled facility throughout that hold-up. Or maybe not. It genuinely makes no difference.

If you're looking for something to stress over, consider that too much B6-HCl (pyridoxine hydrochloride) can cause nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy). Keep in mind this applies to the -HCl form. Other B6 forms remain safe.

Australia (New Regulations of B6-HCl): Doses above 50 mg up to 200 mg require pharmacist supervision (Schedule 3), and doses of 200 mg or higher require a prescription (Schedule 4). Doses over 10 mg require peripheral neuropathy warnings.

So now anybody can go look into ALA supplement stability, B6-HCl cumulative toxicity, and the new rules. You can also explore the active B6 form, Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (P5P), which carries no neuropathy risk. This gap comes from a peculiar biological process called the "B6 Paradox."

So breathe easy and calm down. It was really annoying, but all is fine. 🙂
 
moodymama76 said:

You went with the discounted tirz that carried a BUD of 8/2/26, yet you're annoyed because it showed up in 88 degrees f weather? That's still within the safe range, since it holds up to 105 degrees f. Another thing that puzzles me: why pick the 40mg vials, when their cost per mg was steeper than the 68mg vials, and those 68mg ones also came with an October BUD? Either way, the 40s are gone now.
because of my low dose, that was the only option available to me for ordering. I wasn't bothered by the fact that it was 88 degrees F outdoors. When I opened it up inside my home, the medication's temperature read 88.5 degrees. Even if it might be "safe" to use, over the past 2 weeks I've come across enough information to understand about Peptide degradation.

Just A Cat said:

Ever think about how the majority of USPS delivery trucks lack cooling? If your package shows up via mail... give that some thought.

This fate awaits every medication you buy. No matter how fast the shipping is, nothing guarantees your item avoided a sweltering (or freezing) cargo hold on a plane or in a truck along the way.

Tirz holds up fairly well, and I'll happily take any supply you feel uneasy about.

If you're after something genuinely that fragile, check out the non-stabilized form of R-ALA, a supplement. Don't mix up R-ALA with the stabilized type, Na-R-ALA, or with plain ALA; those 2 are stable against heat.

Again, shipping doesn't concern me. It's entirely possible the late package sat in a temperature-controlled facility throughout that hold-up. Or maybe not. It genuinely makes no difference.

If you're looking for something to stress over, consider that too much B6-HCl (pyridoxine hydrochloride) can cause nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy). Keep in mind this applies to the -HCl form. Other B6 forms remain safe.

Australia (New Regulations of B6-HCl): Doses above 50 mg up to 200 mg require pharmacist supervision (Schedule 3), and doses of 200 mg or higher require a prescription (Schedule 4). Doses over 10 mg require peripheral neuropathy warnings.

So now anybody can go look into ALA supplement stability, B6-HCl cumulative toxicity, and the new rules. You can also explore the active B6 form, Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (P5P), which carries no neuropathy risk. This gap comes from a peculiar biological process called the "B6 Paradox."

So breathe easy and calm down. It was really annoying, but all is fine. 🙂
yes, I'm already past it. It was just a vent born of frustration, and from that I've realized that when you post vents online they stick around for days, so venting on the internet is kind of foolish. The B6 detail is interesting though. Back when I felt bloated, I'd take it in tablet form as a diuretic, and on certain days my fingers would tingle. I'll need to look into that more! Appreciate the info
 
bamagirl26 said:

moodymama76 said:

You went with the discounted tirz that carried a BUD of 8/2/26, yet you're annoyed because it showed up in 88 degrees f weather? That's still within the safe range, since it holds up to 105 degrees f. Another thing that puzzles me: why pick the 40mg vials, when their cost per mg was steeper than the 68mg vials, and those 68mg ones also came with an October BUD? Either way, the 40s are gone now.
because of my low dose, that was the only option available to me for ordering. I wasn't bothered by the fact that it was 88 degrees F outdoors. When I opened it up inside my home, the medication's temperature read 88.5 degrees. Even if it might be "safe" to use, over the past 2 weeks I've come across enough information to understand about Peptide degradation.

Just A Cat said:

Ever think about how the majority of USPS delivery trucks lack cooling? If your package shows up via mail... give that some thought.

This fate awaits every medication you buy. No matter how fast the shipping is, nothing guarantees your item avoided a sweltering (or freezing) cargo hold on a plane or in a truck along the way.

Tirz holds up fairly well, and I'll happily take any supply you feel uneasy about.

If you're after something genuinely that fragile, check out the non-stabilized form of R-ALA, a supplement. Don't mix up R-ALA with the stabilized type, Na-R-ALA, or with plain ALA; those 2 are stable against heat.

Again, shipping doesn't concern me. It's entirely possible the late package sat in a temperature-controlled facility throughout that hold-up. Or maybe not. It genuinely makes no difference.

If you're looking for something to stress over, consider that too much B6-HCl (pyridoxine hydrochloride) can cause nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy). Keep in mind this applies to the -HCl form. Other B6 forms remain safe.

Australia (New Regulations of B6-HCl): Doses above 50 mg up to 200 mg require pharmacist supervision (Schedule 3), and doses of 200 mg or higher require a prescription (Schedule 4). Doses over 10 mg require peripheral neuropathy warnings.

So now anybody can go look into ALA supplement stability, B6-HCl cumulative toxicity, and the new rules. You can also explore the active B6 form, Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (P5P), which carries no neuropathy risk. This gap comes from a peculiar biological process called the "B6 Paradox."

So breathe easy and calm down. It was really annoying, but all is fine. 🙂
yes, I'm already past it. It was just a vent born of frustration, and from that I've realized that when you post vents online they stick around for days, so venting on the internet is kind of foolish. The B6 detail is interesting though. Back when I felt bloated, I'd take it in tablet form as a diuretic, and on certain days my fingers would tingle. I'll need to look into that more! Appreciate the info
Since you're already here, things should work out fine, and the details I'm going to share probably aren't necessary. Still, back when I first switched to compounds, I came across a telehealth service that didn't ask for any rx proof. I'm aware of 3 like that. I claimed to be on 15mg even though my actual dose was only 5mg. Then I brought that rx to the preferred telehealths that did want an rx and handed it over to them. Starting in Jan, I've been keeping myself and 2 adult children stocked with tirz, and we divide the expenses.
 
Back
Top