My Reta journey

magic123

Explorer
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Brisbane
Hi, I'm starting this thread to keep a record of my Reta journey / experience. No other GLP1 has ever been used by me. Losing weight is my aim; right now I weigh about 117.5 kg (I'm 6.3).

My plan is to begin in a slow and careful way. Sunday morning I gave the first 0.3mg dose a try and on Sunday I noticed appetite was slightly lower. Briefly, it seemed like my digestive system was somewhat uncomfortable, yet that disappeared very fast, perhaps that sensation was only in my head.

Sunday evening I was extremely tired, which could also be due to all the work I did around the house over the weekend.

Monday brought a lot of tiredness, possibly still from the weekend work. Monday evening I was hungry and ate a lot.

Tuesday morning I chose to take another 0.5mg dose of Reta - during the day the appetite suppression could be felt, though it was not that strong; at times I felt like eating, but when I got to the kitchen I thought, no - I'm not really hungry. On Tuesday I ate little. Tuesday evening I felt tired. Wednesday I woke up early.

Today, Wednesday morning, I was a little hungry and ate a bit, but don't feel like I want to eat more. Usually, after a small snack like this, I would feel hungry to eat more. I feel like I could take a larger dose of Reta. Lets see how the day goes.
 
Eager to keep up with your progress—stay committed, and I can't wait to watch how far you go!
 
I don't believe beginning at such minimal doses is truly necessary, but in my view 1mg is sufficiently low if caution is your aim. What you're doing is a method to reach that point without dragging it out endlessly, which is the core drawback of very small doses bumped up only every 4 weeks. Reaching a dose that actually accomplishes much can require 2 - 3 months. That isn't inherently an issue, yet seeing nothing after 3 months might feel somewhat discouraging.

Still, a 0.3mg dose with another 3 days afterward makes sense, even if it remains slightly too little to achieve much. Smaller, more frequent doses are a workable route to raise doses relatively fast while minimizing the chance of abrupt, more serious or unforeseen side effects. However, I'd recommend checking glp1plotter.com so you can view a graph of how blood levels behave over time, since glp drugs differ greatly from most drugs due to their extremely long half lives, and the timing of their action is entirely counterintuitive.

When I switched from ozempic to tirz, I relied on small second daily doses to reach 15mg within 4 weeks. I'm not saying you should go that quickly; at that point I was genuinely hungry after maintaining a 70kg weight loss for a couple of years.

Based on what you're doing, 0.3 or preferably 0.5mg every 2 days would get you to a working dose fairly fast. Just keep each dose at every 2 or 3 days and raise the amount of each dose gradually week by week, from 0.3 to 0.5 to 0.7 to 1mg etc. In 4 weeks, with 1mg every 2 days, you'd be at 3.5mg, which ought to be enough to begin producing a useful effect, and with lower risks than the usual recipe, provided you slow or halt dose increases once mild side effects show up, as that is typically a solid sign you'd get the same effect only stronger by increasing the dose. Doing it this way lets you increase doses weekly rather than every 4 weeks, because each step up is far, far smaller. Side effects usually occur at peak blood levels, so small frequent doses create smaller peaks, whereas larger less frequent doses create much larger peaks. Once you're done adjusting dose increases, you can always switch to weekly doses.
 
Short update. Wednesday night I made a meal in what counts as a normal portion by my own standards, yet I couldn't finish it. I made it mostly from routine rather than hunger. Thursday I barely ate anything, only 2 small snacks - no hunger whatsoever. Friday I had a small breakfast because I felt I ought to eat, not because I was hungry. At work on Friday I had no hunger and no thoughts about food. Usually my mind would be on what I'd eat all afternoon. When I got home my girlfriend had put food on the table. Ordinarily that food would vanish right away. Ordinarily I'd be hungry enough to want to eat before showering. This past Friday I wasn't hungry at all, which felt very strange. I also didn't clean my plate, which is completely unusual for me. I had an orange in the evening but wasn't hungry. Today, Saturday, I ate only breakfast and lunch since my girlfriend made them. And I only had half portions. Usually I eat very large portions and snack when I'm at home. I can tell my digestive system has slowed down considerably. It works. Right now I don't think I need a higher dose. I don't get why people try to raise the dose as fast as they can. To me it isn't about how high the dose can go. It's about the lowest effective dose. Still, I'm planning 1mg on Monday morning.
 
Best of luck as you move forward! I appreciate you posting this. Reading updates from those who are just beginning, along with those who have accumulated many years of experience, is genuinely useful.
 
Week 2 update: Monday's dose was 1mg. I ate breakfast that day and a medium-sized dinner later on. On Tuesday I wasn't hungry at all — skipped breakfast, had a small dinner, and noticed I fill up fast and lose the desire to keep eating. Wednesday I again skipped breakfast, but hunger showed up in the evening, so I ate a fairly big dinner. After finishing the first plate I chose to take more. Thursday: no breakfast, no hunger through the day, medium dinner. Friday: no breakfast, no hunger, and when my girlfriend made dinner I ate less than I usually would yet still ended up overly full. That fullness made my stomach uncomfortable and I slept poorly. Saturday I had a small breakfast, then around lunch I felt some hunger — possibly because I was at home rather than at work. Food noise returned Saturday morning and at lunchtime. A larger snack settled it and the hunger went away. I also chose to add another 0.5mg at 12pm on Saturday. That evening I didn't want much food; a medium dinner was enough to make me full. Sunday morning I had a medium breakfast, which I ate slowly — I forgot to eat even with the food right in front of me. This morning the scale read 114kg.
 
If what you're taking is already doing the job, then sure, there's no reason to go higher — I can agree with that. That said, the majority of people won't get much of a response from reta at 1mg or below, so it's also fair for me to worry that very tiny starter doses will take ages before anything happens. Feeling full, even just now and then, after eating less food than you normally would is unquestionably an effect of a GLP drug, and it's a solid indicator that it's working — congrats, you could be a super responder. Hunger suppression does look somewhat up and down, though I'd guess that smooths out later once doses are higher.

Going from 117kg at 1.87m down to a BMI of 25, which is 87kg, means 30kg, roughly 26%. At some stage, chances are you'll require sensible doses to reach that — somewhere in the 4 to 12mg range. But when hunger is well controlled and weight is coming off at a decent rate, there's no need to step the dose up until either of those stops holding.

Eating bigger meals may call for some caution: slower gastric emptying plus the other effects could bring on some nasty gut problems, so being a little careful about how much you eat in one sitting could be worthwhile.
 
Are you doing any exercise? With rapid weight loss, you need to be cautious — extreme calorie restriction can cause you to lose muscle fast.
 
Back
Top