birdwhacker
Explorer
The text below is an exact copy of what I sent back to someone new here. Does my reasoning have any holes? It was clear this newcomer had been using Semaglutide before. I get that people who favor the schedules for dosing that Eli Lilly proposed and carried out might not care for this, but it seems to be working VERY well for me so far... And as someone who used to be an addict, I know better than most that nothing comes without a cost.
_______________________
Week 3 of reta has just begun for me. I'm about to step on the scale and find out what week 2 took off.
Both semaglutide and tirzepetide are powerful suppressors of appetite. People who used GLP drugs before (like you) probably need a larger reta dose before appetite gets suppressed and momentum builds.
How I see it: you (and I) only have so much time to reach our targets. Over time, retatrutide's effects will fade and then flatten out – or, once we push past 6+mg, we'll hit side effects we can't tolerate.
The research shows: aggressive retatrutide dosing (starting higher at 4mg) plus (steeper monthly increases of +2mg each month) was PROVEN CONCLUSIVELY to produce greater weight loss... as long as side effects stay tolerable. The therapeutic maintenance doses studied were 8mg, 12mg, and lower, depending on side effects.
But: we aren't cavemen. The methods Eli Lilly chose to test or not test don't have to bind us. This drug's half-life is six days, meaning 50% is still in the bloodstream six days after a dose. For me, appetite suppression starts fading 2-4 days after the last dose. Dosing several times per week has worked great for me.
Who I am: a 235lb, 6' tall white American male with a metabolism that's mostly good, serious discipline and overeating problems, and serious mental health problems.
What I did
-------
Week 1:
0.5mg injected on Monday
Very mild appetite suppression showed up, sense of smell slightly sharper, very minor muscle twitching, minor skin sensitivity, sleep disruptions
0.5mg injected on Wednesday
Appetite suppression got stronger, very minor skin sensitivity, sleep disruptions
0.5mg injected on Friday
Essentially no side effects, appetite hard to control
0.5mg injected on Sunday
Appetite suppression reached, side effects mostly gone.
THE EFFECT: I essentially began at 2mg while dodging every side effect that comes from a first-timer injecting 2mg all at once. If anything, I wish I'd moved faster.
4.5lbs gone in 7 days. Running daily, 100g protein daily.
---------
Week 2:
1mg injected on Wednesday
Feeling really good by then, appetite is basically gone. Workouts improve. Fruit and protein during the day, protein and veggies at night. 500-1000 calorie deficit (target of 1500 to 2000 calories daily).
1mg injected on Sunday
The reason for dosing late: appetite suppression held up really well through saturday, though I did snack more on Saturday. Looking back, I wish I'd injected a day sooner.
THE EFFECT: dosing twice a week lets me raise my weekly amount by two milligrams by adding 1mg per shot, and my blood levels stay steady. My plan is to remain at 1mg per 3 days until it stops feeling as effective. I'm going to tighten my diet toward much more protein and fibre with fewer carbs and fat. 3-4 meals daily, 30g protein per meal.
TODAY: Monday morning. Tonight I'll weigh myself and I suspect 5+lbs will be gone. I look great and feel really good about myself.
My advice for you: Go up slowly, quickly, until you feel good. If you had 1mg yesterday, and the munchies hit late tonight, inject 0.5mg instead of snacking. If hunger remains, do another 0.5 or 1. Keep an effective dose. Track your calories and your protein. Eat first thing in the morning. Exercise.
Consider adding a small amount of tirzepetide if you feel you cannot manage appetite.
_______________________
Week 3 of reta has just begun for me. I'm about to step on the scale and find out what week 2 took off.
Both semaglutide and tirzepetide are powerful suppressors of appetite. People who used GLP drugs before (like you) probably need a larger reta dose before appetite gets suppressed and momentum builds.
How I see it: you (and I) only have so much time to reach our targets. Over time, retatrutide's effects will fade and then flatten out – or, once we push past 6+mg, we'll hit side effects we can't tolerate.
The research shows: aggressive retatrutide dosing (starting higher at 4mg) plus (steeper monthly increases of +2mg each month) was PROVEN CONCLUSIVELY to produce greater weight loss... as long as side effects stay tolerable. The therapeutic maintenance doses studied were 8mg, 12mg, and lower, depending on side effects.
But: we aren't cavemen. The methods Eli Lilly chose to test or not test don't have to bind us. This drug's half-life is six days, meaning 50% is still in the bloodstream six days after a dose. For me, appetite suppression starts fading 2-4 days after the last dose. Dosing several times per week has worked great for me.
Who I am: a 235lb, 6' tall white American male with a metabolism that's mostly good, serious discipline and overeating problems, and serious mental health problems.
What I did
-------
Week 1:
0.5mg injected on Monday
Very mild appetite suppression showed up, sense of smell slightly sharper, very minor muscle twitching, minor skin sensitivity, sleep disruptions
0.5mg injected on Wednesday
Appetite suppression got stronger, very minor skin sensitivity, sleep disruptions
0.5mg injected on Friday
Essentially no side effects, appetite hard to control
0.5mg injected on Sunday
Appetite suppression reached, side effects mostly gone.
THE EFFECT: I essentially began at 2mg while dodging every side effect that comes from a first-timer injecting 2mg all at once. If anything, I wish I'd moved faster.
4.5lbs gone in 7 days. Running daily, 100g protein daily.
---------
Week 2:
1mg injected on Wednesday
Feeling really good by then, appetite is basically gone. Workouts improve. Fruit and protein during the day, protein and veggies at night. 500-1000 calorie deficit (target of 1500 to 2000 calories daily).
1mg injected on Sunday
The reason for dosing late: appetite suppression held up really well through saturday, though I did snack more on Saturday. Looking back, I wish I'd injected a day sooner.
THE EFFECT: dosing twice a week lets me raise my weekly amount by two milligrams by adding 1mg per shot, and my blood levels stay steady. My plan is to remain at 1mg per 3 days until it stops feeling as effective. I'm going to tighten my diet toward much more protein and fibre with fewer carbs and fat. 3-4 meals daily, 30g protein per meal.
TODAY: Monday morning. Tonight I'll weigh myself and I suspect 5+lbs will be gone. I look great and feel really good about myself.
My advice for you: Go up slowly, quickly, until you feel good. If you had 1mg yesterday, and the munchies hit late tonight, inject 0.5mg instead of snacking. If hunger remains, do another 0.5 or 1. Keep an effective dose. Track your calories and your protein. Eat first thing in the morning. Exercise.
Consider adding a small amount of tirzepetide if you feel you cannot manage appetite.